The X Factor (UK)

Saturday 7:00 PM on ITV Premiered Sep 01, 2004 In Season

thefanof

The X Factor (UK) Fan Reviews (48)

• A UK based talent contest to search for a singer to win a £1 Million record contract.The judges,Simon Cowell,Louis Walsh,Sharon Osbourne and Dannii Minogue manage a group each from the Girls Under 25s,Boys Under 25s,Over 25s and Groups.

This is my absolute favourite talent contest and it is truly original in the way it allows people of any age over 15 to audition and try to win a £1 Million recording contract.The first few weeks of auditions are extremely entertaining and range from the completely disastrous to the breathtakingly amazing performances.I think the boot camp is very harsh on the contestants who are lucky enough to pass through the audition stages.I always find myself feeling bad for those who are genuinely able to perform but are criticised by the judges for forgetting lyrics of a song they had literally a week to learn.My absolute favourite part of the series,even above the auditions!,is the live shows where the remaining 3 contestants in each group (12 in total)must perform live in front of a studio full of people and millions of viewers at home and then one leaves the show each show after the public vote to save their favourite act.I always find the anticipation and tense atmosphere leading up to the final show where 1 of the remaining 3 acts will win the recording contract and 2 will have lost their dream.