The X Factor (UK)

Saturday 7:00 PM on ITV Premiered Sep 01, 2004 In Season

thefanof

The X Factor (UK) Fan Reviews (52)

• Shambles

Can I just say how when this show first started I was addicted. It was brilliant! The format was very much copied off Pop Idol but that made little difference... this show was superb. Back when Simon Cowell got away with being a prick on tv. Then after 2007... it all went downhill. Fast.

This show is a complete and utter shadow of its formal self. Sure... they have spent about a trillion pound on it this year hiring celebrity guests and packing out arenas up and down the country but they can't glamour it up enough to hide the obvious truth. This show is a talent competition, where the so called "best" singers in the country sing for your vote. Best??? Best??? That right there is a joke. Not that I am insulting the contestants... they only want to improve there lives by recording a million pound song... I mean who dosen't? It's 100% the Judges. They put through people on whether or not they are "cute" instead of singing ability (Lloyd this year, Eoghan last year and don't even mention Leon Jackson). This show is not a talent competition but a ruse to get people's money. Simon Cowell knows exactly what he is doing. The trouble is... this show is all about finding that one special person and instead week after week better singers are voted out so abysmal singers can remain. Its unfair and it makes a mockery of what the show stands for. I can sum up this example in one word... JEDWARD! And the sob stories... christ the sob stories. I don't care if you've had a hard life! Haven't we all? It's supposed to be Saturday (and now Sunday) night entertainment to escape the hardship of weekly life so I don't want to hear how hard things are for you!! Ultimately I have completly lost faith in this show. I can't see why anyone would audition. Each year is purley to fill Cowell's pocket up with more money, meaning he will soon have more money than God. A shambles of a show and a joke. Fixed from the start for the most money and drama. This year especially... this show has lost its sparkle.