A The X Factor Community
FOX (ended 2013)

Remember when that blowhard Simon Cowell promised world domination with an American version of U.K. reality singing competition The X Factor? He thought it would be the biggest thing in the universe, and he felt pretty good about leaving American Idol because America's insatiable hunger for reality singing competition just could not be satisfied.

Well, The X Factor never quite took off in the States like Cowell thought it would, and after three seasons, Cowell is running away from America and heading back to his home planet of England, where he'll return to the judging panel of the original U.K. version of the series. Also, Fox has canceled the show. 

"Unfortunately, there is no The X Factor without Simon Cowell," said Fox boss Kevin Reilly, "but we understand and support his decision to focus on the international formats and on the next phase of his personal life."  And while that quote implies that the cancellation is a result of Cowell's decision to leave, I doubt it was Cowell alone who made the choice, given the show's lackluster ratings.  

I won't miss The X Factor, and I certainly won't miss the endless rumors of who will be the next The X Factor judge. How about you?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/20/2015

Season 12 : Episode 29

88 Comments
Comments (88)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The sing-off is the only good one.
Flag
Long overdue! Good riddance, you wanker!
Flag
1 down, too many to count left to go. Death to reality TV!!!
Flag
Wait, I thought X Factor was the companion team to Marvel's X Men? Boy, was I way off! Simon Cowell, as an X Man, never!
Flag
Good riddance Cowell, and dont come back!
Flag
... and take every other singing show with you, please.
Flag
The fcuker is still richer than god.
Flag
One more point for humanity! I wish all that generic garbage remains in the dark ages!
Flag
lol. Just realized this community has 666 members.
Flag
Sweet honey child, is da illuminati fo realz!
Flag
Fuck this dude. Black Mirror's second episode sums up everything wrong with American Idol.
Flag
Thank God ! Now Fox can try to fill that space with MAYBE some good shows.
Flag
X factor was really good this year and produced winners (Alex and Sierra) that are going to actually have a huge career (they tore up iTunes sales already) - I actually had hope for this one going forward. Idol should get cancelled - it's just unwatchable now.
Flag
Nooooooooooo. Cowell's coming back to the UK. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Flag
Most reality show competitions are pretty bad but this was the lowest of the low. Overproduced garbage. Good riddance.

Flag
Haw haw!
Flag
will I miss Simon, absolutely not! here is how I feel
http://www.peoplegab.com/post/323
Flag
That was weird.
Flag
just wanted to express I feel relaxed or to say I don't give a damn :)
Flag
It worked!
Flag
I actually enjoyed the format for the show. More entertaining than Idol by far! I hope they don't cram another reality show in the same slot though.
Flag
Hopefully it'll be replaced by a scripted show, maybe one that has gone through FOX's new "no-pilot-season" development process.
Flag
I wouldn't doubt that it was his decision, he owns the whole X Factor brand I believe. I hate the show beyond belief but you have to give credit to the man, he has made millions off of a glorified karaoke competition.

Now if only this show would die over here in the U.K.
Flag
The reason X Factor stopped doing so well is because you brought that stupid cow Demi on the show...Simon was great but most of the women they brought on the show should have been left in a dark alley somewhere...
Flag
I don't think it did too well during its first season either. People were probably put off by the over-the-top production values -- what sticks out to me most is when they'd go to "the judges' mansions." How conceited. The whole thing just had an air of tackiness from the get go.
Flag
Sure, Simon was great, if by "great" you mean "arrogant blowhard in love with the sound of his own voice". Then sure, I agree.
Flag
Look likes someones bitter, Simon happens to be confident and knows what he is talking about, his track records speaks for itself :P
Flag
Being successful (which he is) doesn't mean he's not a jerk. Lots of jerks are successful. They're still jerks. England can have him. As for being bitter, well....I'm not the one calling someone a "stupid cow", so....
Flag
Woohoo finally!
Flag
Simon Cowell coming back is truly depressing news. Even more reason to ditch standard TV viewing in favour of far more interesting services everywhere else!
Flag
I used to love watching Simon tear down the obliviously talentless, but at a certain point I thought... I hate this.
Flag
I'm glad he is returning to the UK version, without him it has gone into chaos.
Flag
I want to see a reality series that shows Simon Cowell fail at everything and then dies from the most embarrassing desease known to man.
Flag
I don't like these kind of shows so I'm always happy when they get canceled. Makes room for better stuff
Flag
all these reality singing/dancing/cooking whatever the fuck they are shows - well trying to pass as a "television show" - need to die and quick and painful deaths - good riddance x-factor.. now.. next?
Flag
I agree! Hopefully, American Idol is next!
Flag
Now let's follow up with American Idol, and may the slow and much desired death of reality talent competitions begin....
Flag
Too bad. I liked that show but I think they were concentrating too much on casting popular celebrities for the judges panel rather than the contestants though. The fact that the judges were also mentoring the contestants brought another element to the show that I liked. I love that Alex and Sierra won the third season. They were pretty awesome. R.I.P. X-Factor US
Flag
sort of sucks, I did watch it.. but I also sort of don't care either way. I did enjoy it more than I ever enjoyed American Idol and there's no way I'll go back to that crap show.. but oh well. less TV I have to worry about
Flag
And nothing of significance was lost
Flag
'and on the next phase of his personal life.' Curious thing to say.
Flag
Well I would assume that that is related to the fact that he is about to become a father.
Flag
I love(d) the UK version but never liked the US version at all.
A specific talent show can be great for a country and not work in another. Case in point: The X Factor has produced stars in the UK, while in the US it's more been American Idol (I'm not judging the quality of said stars, but fact is that most people have heard about One Direction, Leona Lewis, Kelly Clarkson and/or Carrie Underwood...). I'm hoping the Voice starts actually getting some people to actual big-time fame, cause there are some talented people I would love to hear on my radio on this show.
Tbh I'm sad Simon Cowell is coming back to the UK version. The X Factor UK was much better without him.
Flag
I don't watch The Voice but I listen to country music and I think there are some people who were on that show who I now hear on the radio.
Flag
That's true. I guess it's because I don't live in the US that I don't hear of them anymore after The Voice :)
Flag
Frankly, I'm kinda surprise it didn't happen sooner.
Flag
The only thing I liked about X Factor is that they allowed people over 29 to compete. In this crazy ageist society I at least respect that they opened it to all. So now at least the Voice allows that too and does well.
Flag
As a Brit, can I just check there isn't something else he can be doing for you over there? Streets to clean or sewage to drain? I just don't think we've got enough black t-shirts or highly waisted jeans to cope with his return.
Flag
Nice try, mate. He's heading back to the right side of the pond where he belongs. Give him my regards.
Flag
Yeah, and we won't take Madonna back in trade.
Flag
Sounds like one of those situations where a person quits before he can be fired, to save face.
Flag
Nailed it.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members