The X Factor Forums

FOX (ended 2013)

Picking the best of the mess

GlendaStrickl

[1]Nov 18, 2011
    • level: 1

I thought others than Astro and Frances easily could have been in the bottom two. That aside, Astro showed his true immaturity.

I would have booted him just for his attitude (even though Frances comes across sour if she is not constantly praised.) The tunes

she has been asked to sing have not really suited her so I guess she sunk herself. Astro is just a kid with a bad attitude anyway and

a chip on his shoulder. Frankly the whole lot is a mess. Chris Rene is an ok rapper...but cannot sing. That group is sooo horrid, they

are hard to watch. Canty is over and Bell is boooooooooooring (yup, I have to agree with the judges there...hey "mentors" I thought

you were supposed to be "mentoring"). Crow is cute but shrill. Drew???????????? never have been a fan of the whispy , let's screw up

a really great tune with some whispy, slooooooooow, rendition. Yes, she is kind of soulful...but boring.Now who is left? yes MELANINE..

.ah...listening to her is like soothing, sweet , pleasant. She is the winner in my book.

Judges bickering really does nothing for this show by the way....and the over the top dancers, sets etc....ek...who cares...just fluff and

stuff. Who would be great in concerts? Melanie. Who would sell the most music over time? Melanie. But I guess if you pander to ten year

olds..you are doing great.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SweetMissJaye

[2]Nov 19, 2011
    • level: 21

GlendaStrickl wrote:

I thought others than Astro and Frances easily could have been in the bottom two. That aside, Astro showed his true immaturity.

I would have booted him just for his attitude (even though Frances comes across sour if she is not constantly praised.) The tunes

she has been asked to sing have not really suited her so I guess she sunk herself. Astro is just a kid with a bad attitude anyway and

a chip on his shoulder. Frankly the whole lot is a mess. Chris Rene is an ok rapper...but cannot sing. That group is sooo horrid, they

are hard to watch. Canty is over and Bell is boooooooooooring (yup, I have to agree with the judges there...hey "mentors" I thought

you were supposed to be "mentoring"). Crow is cute but shrill. Drew???????????? never have been a fan of the whispy , let's screw up

a really great tune with some whispy, slooooooooow, rendition. Yes, she is kind of soulful...but boring.Now who is left? yes MELANINE..

.ah...listening to her is like soothing, sweet , pleasant. She is the winner in my book.

Judges bickering really does nothing for this show by the way....and the over the top dancers, sets etc....ek...who cares...just fluff and

stuff. Who would be great in concerts? Melanie. Who would sell the most music over time? Melanie. But I guess if you pander to ten year

olds..you are doing great.

I have to agree with you about everyone. I liked Drew at first but I can only see her singing one kind of song. What kind of album would she have? I don't see much varitety from her. I liked Marcus Canty but while he's a good entertainer, he's not the best singer. I can't even explain how much I HATE Astro. Since his first audition, I wanted him to go away. Leroy Bell is talented but yes, boring. I feel like Chris Rene came this far because they feel so bad for him. They're going to make the voters send him home; I can't see the judges voting against him.

I really like Melanie. Her voice is superior and I think she can sing R&B or pop, slow or uptempo. She has a great presence onstage.

gmk1972

[3]Nov 29, 2011
    ASStro must go

stellarchick86

[4]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 32
    Id say either Melanie or Drew. Melanie will get the older demo while Drew will probably get the younger and then itll just come down to whoever gets more votes at the time. I like either girl so it doesnt matter much to me.

SweetMissJaye

[5]Dec 4, 2011

I'm so glad Astro is gone! I actually listen to a lot of hip-hop/rap but I can't take his ego and his attitude. I can honestly say I hated him since his first audition. I was so shocked Drew got eliminated. Why isChris Rene still there? Wow. Drew is very talented but her performances are so boring every week. I can't help but feel bad for her because, unlike Chris Rene, she can actually sing. I'm sure Drew and Astro will get record deals. Thankfully, I won't have to look at or listen to Astro ever again. If Drew would strive for some diversity in her music, I'd love to hear more from her.

stellarchick86

[6]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 32
    Now that Drew is gone, Im going to assume its going to be between Marcus or Rachel and Melanie. Melanie will definitely be in the finale. Im torn between Marcus and Rachel because even though a lot of young girls will vote for Marcus because hes cute and has that Usher thing going on, and young girls are the majority of voters, hes been in the bottom 2 pretty much every week. Rachel will get a lot of votes from young girls who think they can relate to her and older grandma types who think shes cute. I remember a girl singer about her age winning 'America's Got Talent' I think it was the first year it was on. Overall, if I were a betting woman, Id have to guess Melanie/Marcus.

SweetMissJaye

[7]Dec 9, 2011

Wow I felt so bad for Rachel when she got eliminated. I didn't think she would win the competition and I had been wondering how she would react upon elimination (since a few weeks ago when she started to cry when she thought she was about to be in the bottom two). After Drew last week, and now Rachel, I'm up in the air about how I feel about children being allowed to compete. They need to find a better way to prepare these kids or don't allow them on, just my opinion.

I like Marcus but the fact that he's been in the bottom two three weeks in a row shows how much people really want him around. It's time for him to go. I think he'll be gone next week. It'sa shame, in my opinion, that Chris Rene is still in the competition. How far can pity and sympathy take him?

I don't like Melanie as much as I once did. Ever since she revealed her "real self" I feel really annoyed with her. If she would have used that accent in the first place, it would have been different. But she was basically posing all this time. I'm not a racist. I'm black/Puerto Rican/Cherokee Indian and my husband is Puerto Rican/Italian. I just don't like when people present themselves to be something they are not. I still think Melanie's voice is very powerful but as a person, I am just wondering too much about the real her.