The X-Files

731 (2)

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 01, 1995 on FOX

• The resolution of Mulder being on the train and Scully looking for the origin of her micro-chip.

In a somewhat disappointing but equally intriguing conclusion to the little story the show was telling here, we see Mulder getting no closer to the truth but also we find Mulder's friend/foe, the man known as "X," ultimately choosing to save Mulder's life over the alien life-form's, a clear cut sign that he is better than we might expect.

The action of the train wasn't nearly as interesting as the action in the previous episode, but it was still fun to watch Mulder try to track down the scientist and slowly, methodically try to find his way into the room with the "alien" in it.

Except I'm not sure if I should say alien at all.. Scully's plot found her tracking down a leper colony where the Japanese scientists had been experimenting on humans with leprosy and other awful diseases. She becomes convinced that there is no such thing as alien abductions and that it has all been an elaborate scheme of the U.S and Japanese government. This puts us all, including Mulder, in a delicate situation: do we believe Scully in thinking that it's all a hoax or do we trust Mulder and the government? Honestly, I think Scully's excuse is a misleading piece of information, one that will put Mulder off of the path for the truth. However, it should be interesting to see what happens. There's been too much that has happened to make me believe that the alien experimentation has just been experiments on lepers and other diseases.