The X-Files

Aubrey

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 06, 1995 on FOX

• Mulder and Scully chase after a woman who has clairvoyant experiences

For the most part, I've had issues with Season 2 of The X-Files. When the show is focusing on its normal extraterrestrial cases, they're superb, but there's something about the random case-orientated episodes that bother me. They feel less energetic and interesting as the ones from the first season and I can't help but thinking about how much I want to be watching Mulder and Scully chase conspiracies during these episodes. However, this one wasn't bad at all. There was an interesting case, plenty of twists and for once, I felt like everything sort of made sense.

Mulder and Scully investigate a woman who seems to be experiencing dreams where she is in the body of a man who is burying people... it turns out that the people she's seeing buried are men that have been missing for nearly forty years. As Mulder and Scully begin investigating, Mulder brings up the idea of genetics and that somebody in her past may have been doing this, which makes her predisposed to it. An interesting idea, and one that drives the episode forward.

For me, this was typical classic X-Files: a case that doesn't feel lame, that stands alone from the conspiracy stuff without feeling boring or uninteresting and the usual Mulder/Scully back-and-forth banter that other sci-fi shows and procedurals have aped ever since. It was odd to see Terry O'Quinn in something other than Lost, but overall, everything flowed pretty well. The episode today was truly creepy, unlike the last couple of weeks, which have been sort of lame for me.

Not bad though.. I'm looking forward to seeing where the second half of Season 2 goes.