The X-Files

Deep Throat

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 17, 1993 on FOX

• An episode dedicated entirely to UFO's... and the conspiracy starts to invade the atmosphere.

An FBI agent chasing after UFO's, sounds crazy, and it certainly won't be the last time. Since the beginning of this episode the plot intensifies the paranoia atmosphere, as we finally know Deep Throat, a mysterious character that works in a high position in the government and is interested in Mulder's work. Which work is that? Get the truth known. But Mulder doesn't trust him, obviously. Despite the advice of DP, Mulder still goes to chase his UFO. Scully was, once again, as we saw it in the pilot, decieved by her partner who doesn't tell what are they really investigating (supposedly a kidnap, which Scully actually finds odd due to the not-paranormal nature of the case).

Anyway, this episode is just about what the show wants to be: goverment conspiracies that don't allow Mulder to discover the truth. We see men in black that erase the memory of the people who watched things they souldn't, we see a stronger relationship betwen Scully and Mulder and we get to see Mulder's encounter with a giant UFO! And, at the end, that mysterious Deep Throat... something is not right...