The X-Files

Eve

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 10, 1993 on FOX

• Argh! Forget the scary girls, it's the bunnies I worry about!

As we all know, the female of the species is more deadly than the male. Especially when they know how to play cute. Scary little kiddies are always creepy, even before they start using terms like “exsanguinate”. We've got some nice dramatic irony as Mulder and Scully blatantly fail to realise that Tina and Cindy are clearly hellspawn. They're faking it! They're not really crying! Good grief don't drink the non product placement generic soda! Argh! I'm turning grey just thinking about it! I was a bit peeved that we didn't get to see them blending in with generic moppets on a school bus. Goodness knows how Mulder worked it out. But then that's why he's a profiler and I'm not.

Eve 7 was sadly underused. She goes from being evil genius to vaguely boring. Look how she has manipulated people in order to make the twins of evil! See how she has evaded capture! Marvel as she suggests drug therapy and being nice to people...er, right. If you were an evil child would you choose homicide or Ritalin and counseling? Seriously?

The end? I quite like that Cindy's Mum rejected her. What with the patricide and all. But Eve 8 just strolling in? I was entirely unconvinced that no one has ever got a decent look at Eve 6. I mean, we did. That's a bit of a plot hole for you.