The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Am i the only one that really liked the 2nd movie?

hbktimf24

[1]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 7

Maybe its because im a hardcore fan and truely got all the little inside stuff that a casual fan wouldnt. To me it was a really good Xfiles episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Aldreda

[2]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 1
    I was/am an X Files fan. I loved both movies and have watched them over and over again.
    Actually watching the X Files helped me through some difficult times, when I was watching I was in my own little world and forgot all my problems for a while.

BundyX75

[3]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 6

I was expecting more than a monster of the week (a mediocre at that [in my opinion]) episode stretched out to movie length. The first movie was pretty great (it's been a few years since I last saw it), and most of the series is awesome, but I really felt like they dropped the bomb on the second movie.

Scully82

[5]Nov 28, 2010
    • level: 4

I also loved the 2nd movie. It had great Mulder and Scully scenes and an interesting plot.

OnePerCentClub

[6]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 35
    I really liked and enjoyed the second movie. I don't think it was the time for a blockbuster film like the first one; something darker and focused on something else was pretty good.

I hope the 3rd movie is greenlighted and done. I always thought there should be a trilogy and I hope my wish comes true

frosty_ice

[8]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 24
    Personally I think that we need the 3rd movie. The second movie was good, but X-Files has always been about aliens and all that stuff regarding the little men from Mars (or from wherever they are...). The monster of the week theme is a thing of the past, especially with Supernatural taking the spot that this series left when it ended. The 3rd movie would be good, because it will finally set things right, and it will prove that the conspiracies and everything else is true. I would really like to also see other characters form the series in the movie like Skinner, the Lone Gunmen trio and of course, if it was not much to ask... the Cigarrette Smoking Man (I know they would be able to bring back the character, even though he died). Imagine, the last stand against an invasion... something that we have been waiting since the series began in 1993. Now that would rock!

Stottie92

[9]Mar 1, 2011
    • level: 4

Nah, I liked the second movie! But, like others have said - it really was only a feature lengthed episode...which is fine by me Plus it means that CC (Chris Carter) really has no excuse not to make a third movie - having left the arc still hanging

Anyhoo, myself being a true shipper - IWTB automatically went into my good books purely because of (legendary) kissing scene! I like to think of this movie as a prequel to the third - that CC was purposefully focusing on the MSR...getting in out of the way...so as he can pull all the stops out for the next.

Anhoo, I'm getting all hyped up about XF3 now...

ChipsTheButler

[10]Mar 2, 2011
    • level: 9

Stottie92 wrote:

Nah, I liked the second movie! But, like others have said - it really was only a feature lengthed episode...which is fine by me Plus it means that CC (Chris Carter) really has no excuse not to make a third movie - having left the arc still hanging

Anyhoo, myself being a true shipper - IWTB automatically went into my good books purely because of (legendary) kissing scene! I like to think of this movie as a prequel to the third - that CC was purposefully focusing on the MSR...getting in out of the way...so as he can pull all the stops out for the next.

Umm... isn't that what normally happens in a film series? You know, Star Wars 2 was before 3, and so on.

C_J_B_Spender

[11]Mar 8, 2011

hbktimf24 wrote:

Maybe its because im a hardcore fan and truely got all the little inside stuff that a casual fan wouldnt. To me it was a really good Xfiles episode.

My description of the movie (which I still hold to) is that the Russian doctors from the movie sewed an episode of a medical drama onto a two-part episode of The X-Files. Which is to say that I liked some things about the movie.

Another good thing about the movie is that its global box office take doubled its budget. That means the studio may be open to the possibility of making a third movie.

drlowdon

[12]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 8

It wasn't a bad movie but I, like many fans, were hoping to see the mythology developed further rather than the stand alone movie that we were given.

elias_jacobson

[13]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 5

drlowdon wrote:

It wasn't a bad movie but I, like many fans, were hoping to see the mythology developed further rather than the stand alone movie that we were given.

Spot on. Any news whatsoever if there will be a third movie?

ChipsTheButler

[15]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 9
    Pfft, he said that in the many many years that the second film was being talked about. Turns out he spent two weeks writing it after finance was greenlit.

Frankburnsflagg

[16]Aug 18, 2011
    • level: 13

frosty_ice wrote:
    Personally I think that we need the 3rd movie. The second movie was good, but X-Files has always been about aliens and all that stuff regarding the little men from Mars (or from wherever they are...). The monster of the week theme is a thing of the past, especially with Supernatural taking the spot that this series left when it ended. The 3rd movie would be good, because it will finally set things right, and it will prove that the conspiracies and everything else is true. I would really like to also see other characters form the series in the movie like Skinner, the Lone Gunmen trio and of course, if it was not much to ask... the Cigarrette Smoking Man (I know they would be able to bring back the character, even though he died). Imagine, the last stand against an invasion... something that we have been waiting since the series began in 1993. Now that would rock!
    I agree with that. I think a lot of people were expecting to see something that dealt with aliens and the mythology itself and were disappointed with what they got instead. Granted, the writing was no where near as good as it was on the show... but I still didn't hate the movie. I appreciated what we did get acting wise and other wise.

Stottie92 wrote:

Yep.

As for getting the MSR out of the way, that will always be a part of it. It wouldn't be as good without it. I'm all for a good, old fashioned alien invasion, but a make out scene would be nice as well . With the whole end of the world thing and all that... And some kidding and flirting too. It wouldn't take away from the movie one bit.

Edited on 08/18/2011 4:37pm

Panfen

[17]Sep 3, 2011
    • level: 1
    I think we need a 3rd movie as well. Second movie wasn't so hot, but it was passable. What I'm interested in is seeing the continuation of the alien arc. As messed up as that plot is, it's still better than most of the crap on TV today.

In response to what frosty_Ice posted a year ago: //The monster of the week theme is a thing of the past, especially with Supernatural taking the spot that this series left when it ended.//

I disagree with that statement on every level imaginable. The MOTW thing is still a popular theme with the viewing audience, the problem is there's nothing in existence today that is good enough to fill the hole. That crappy wanna-be show Supernatural does nothing to satisfy the need for exciting/scary/engaging tv. Supernatural is just more proof that we badly need the X-Files back (or something new that fills the hole it left).

C_J_B_Spender

[18]Oct 7, 2011

I'm not a fan of Supernatural, but Fringe is pretty good.

wildhoney66

[19]Mar 6, 2012

i also enjoyed the 2nd film, though NOT the 1st time i saw it. but the more i watch it the more i like it. but it's gotta be the cut that's of course longer. i also enjoy the fact that it wasn't about aliens, i think that was also a smart move them doing something different. some people complain that it was focused to much on them in bed together. & their relationship. well i liked that.

the downside? barely any Skinner. no "John Dogget" or his parter. i forget her name at the moment. & i hate the ending ONLY cause it leaves you wondering if the kid will live or die? but since it's now (2012) & no news that i know of about a 3rd film. that's well sucks ass really.

but i hope they at least star the film in that year. even if one comes out in 2 or 3 years.

wildhoney66

[20]Mar 6, 2012

i mean start the film sorry