The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Anyone else having a bit of an X-Files break?

Aventina

[1]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 5

I realized today that it has been two weeks since I last watched the X-Files! That's after watching the entire nine seasons to prepare for the movie, and then watching the 8 revelations episodes, and IWYB twice. Add in all the time I read here and piles of time reading reviews of each epi, plus some fanfic thrown in, and I was totally immersed. But for the last two weeks, except for popping in here, nothing!

Could it be that I overloaded a bit?

Nah. Never. Time to start watching season one again, I guess!

Aven

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OnePerCentClub

[2]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 35

I can't get enough of it. I'm watching from season 1 also, I've seen the movie twice and I'm going for the 3rd tomorrow night and I watched FTF 4 times at the theater.

And I've been doing some fanfic reading

DrTrish197

[3]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 18
    i've already seen the movie twice this week and it's only wednesday

Frankburnsflagg

[4]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 13

Nope .

I plan to watch some more of it, when I can rent more dvd's of the show.

Piper_freeze

[5]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 19
    Nope, no overload here. Actually, to me it's a withdrawal not to see the film every day. My next IWTB dates are tomorrow, monday and saturday.

akaisling

[6]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 17
    Pi.

Definitely can't get enough of it either. I'm finally going to see the film for the 3rd time tonight with friends who seem to want to see it too. If they don't like it/ don't understand it we go again and I shall explain in explicit detail everything about the plot.

I wish the times for the film here weren't sucky and that the cinemas weren't so far away.

I'm going to start rewatching Season 1 soon too. I had a week and a hlaf of no x-files when I was away and that was torture.

spookymully

[7]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 10

Ow, I just can't get enough of them!!!

I watched 'the truth' when i came back seeing the movie. Yesterday I saw: "all things", "Hollywood A.D." and "Je souhaite", just love Mulder and Scully in season 7. They are so close. And now it all falls into place, the touches, the looks, the love the feel for eachother. I was always scaptic about their relationship, always thought they were just very good friends... although I wanted them to get together. And now they are!!! SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

I have one problem, I only saw the movie once, and no one wants to go a second time with me... Maybe some Belgian people who wants to join me? ;-)

Kiss Kate

Piper_freeze

[8]Aug 14, 2008
    You're from Belgium? Cool. I'm there once in a while because lots of my relatives live in a suburb of Brussels. Unfortunately, I'm not going there these next weeks..

Scifinerdd10

[9]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 14
    omg im a bad fan i watched the Pine Bluff Variant with my dad sunday night. and im still reading Blinded by White Light but thats it. omg whats wrong with me!? i neeeeeeed X-Files back in my life!!! hopefully after im done obsessing over this final twilight book in the next week or so il b back to X-Files *crosses fingers and prays to chris carter*

OnePerCentClub

[10]Aug 14, 2008
    Aventina wrote:

I realized today that it has been two weeks since I last watched the X-Files! That's after watching the entire nine seasons to prepare for the movie, and then watching the 8 revelations episodes, and IWYB twice. Add in all the time I read here and piles of time reading reviews of each epi, plus some fanfic thrown in, and I was totally immersed. But for the last two weeks, except for popping in here, nothing!

Could it be that I overloaded a bit?

Nah. Never. Time to start watching season one again, I guess!

Aven

What are those 8 revelation episodes? I'd buy them!

LG

torn_and_frayed

[11]Aug 14, 2008
    finished all 9 seasons just before the movie came out, watched the movie 3 times and now i'm starting from season 1 again.
    Edited on 08/14/2008 8:30am

Piper_freeze

[12]Aug 14, 2008
    Here you go! I have the DVD set myself and love especially the bonus stuff! http://www.amazon.com/X-Files-Revelations-David-Duchovny/dp/B00177YA0G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1218727818&sr=8-1

The episodes are: Pilot, Beyond the sea, The host, Clyde Bruckman's final repose, Memento mori, The post-modern prometheus, Bad blood and Milagro.

OnePerCentClub

[14]Aug 14, 2008

Scifinerdd10 wrote:
    omg im a bad fan i watched the Pine Bluff Variant with my dad sunday night. and im still reading Blinded by White Light but thats it. omg whats wrong with me!? i neeeeeeed X-Files back in my life!!! hopefully after im done obsessing over this final twilight book in the next week or so il b back to X-Files *crosses fingers and prays to chris carter*

You want more? There's a book for sale that comes out in October about the whole series of the show.

I'm definitely buying, because besides watching the X-Files, I love reading them!!!

LG

xloverin

[16]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 16
    xJOPLINGx wrote:
    Yeah? Whats the book called?

Also as we're on merchandise and i've already asked 2 querstions... have the comic books come out in the uk?

Yes, me and Ais bought them in London.

OnePerCentClub

[18]Aug 14, 2008

xJOPLINGx wrote:

It's called: The Complete X-Files: Behind the Series, the Myths, and the Movies.

I also noticed that they have the book of IWTB, so I'm buying it too! I have FTF and it was great to read it.

LG

torn_and_frayed

[19]Aug 15, 2008

xJOPLINGx wrote:
    xloverin wrote:
    xJOPLINGx wrote:

Also as we're on merchandise and i've already asked 2 querstions... have the comic books come out in the uk?
    Yes, me and Ais bought them in London.
    Ah sweet no way i'm so going to town tomorrow and picking them up. Thanks Dana

yup, also bought mine in London at Forbidden Planet. I haven't actually got round to reading it yet - tut, tut.

OnePerCentClub

[20]Aug 18, 2008

Piper_freeze wrote:
    Here you go! I have the DVD set myself and love especially the bonus stuff! http://www.amazon.com/X-Files-Revelations-David-Duchovny/dp/B00177YA0G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1218727818&sr=8-1 The episodes are: Pilot, Beyond the sea, The host, Clyde Bruckman's final repose, Memento mori, The post-modern prometheus, Bad blood and Milagro.

Thanks Pi! I missed your post

I want to buy all the books that have all the seasons (from 1-7) and descriptions of episodes and other stuff.

LG