The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Anyone else having a bit of an X-Files break?

SeveinX

[21]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 2

Well done watching all seasons....

about to start watching again...... hmmz.. kind of funny after all these evenings x-files to have to start watching again, because there is no season 10....And though I fell for the mulder/scully "thing" (as already pointed out here in this forum... their chemistry is wonderful..) I have to admit that I was rather comfortable with Doggett, Reyes and Scully... anywayzz... very curious how strange it will be to watch the pilot after just having finished the truth.,..

Edited on 09/01/2008 11:39am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

akaisling

[22]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 17
    I found it quite strange watching the Pilot after The Truth. The difference in their characters and the change in their relationship is amazing and incredible to see. It was even more incredible to watch that transformation.

But even in the Pilot you could see the beginnings of their deep trust and bond which is beautiful.

Piper_freeze

[23]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 19
    akaisling wrote:
    The difference in their characters and the change in their relationship is amazing and incredible to see.

Not to mention the hair! XD

Seriously though, yes, the wonderful MSR already starts in the pilot. Like there's something special.. a spark.. hard to explain.

akaisling

[24]Sep 1, 2008
    Piper_freeze wrote:
    akaisling wrote:
    The difference in their characters and the change in their relationship is amazing and incredible to see.

Not to mention the hair! XD

Seriously though, yes, the wonderful MSR already starts in the pilot. Like there's something special.. a spark.. hard to explain.

Chemistry, baby!!! They had that right from the start. The first 5 minutes.

Yes the hair!

SeveinX

[25]Sep 1, 2008

akaisling wrote:
    Piper_freeze wrote:
    akaisling wrote:
    Not to mention the hair! XD Seriously though, yes, the wonderful MSR already starts in the pilot. Like there's something special.. a spark.. hard to explain.
    Chemistry, baby!!! They had that right from the start. The first 5 minutes. Yes the hair!

A break after 18 minutes.... it's weird but you're right... there's something in the air.... makes you wish that you're next new colleague will be some one where those sparks will appear..

Piper_freeze

[26]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 19
    *Sighs* I hope for something like that for ages. -.- X'D

SeveinX

[27]Sep 1, 2008

Piper_freeze wrote:
    *Sighs* I hope for something like that for ages. -.- X'D

*lights a candle for two new colleagues with sparks *

OnePerCentClub

[28]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 35
    SeveinX wrote:

akaisling wrote:
    Piper_freeze wrote:
    akaisling wrote:
    Not to mention the hair! XD Seriously though, yes, the wonderful MSR already starts in the pilot. Like there's something special.. a spark.. hard to explain.
    Chemistry, baby!!! They had that right from the start. The first 5 minutes. Yes the hair!

A break after 18 minutes.... it's weird but you're right... there's something in the air.... makes you wish that you're next new colleague will be some one where those sparks will appear..

Agree, agree, agree, agree... 4 times.

However, for Mulder being so paranoid, he took a chance trusting Scully with his sister's abduction.

OnePerCentClub

[29]Sep 1, 2008

You know, we should rewrite Season 8 based on the episodes that aired to see where it ends.

First of all, I wouldn't have let Mulder be abducted. I would've made him disappear for at least the first episode and them have him come back in Ep 2. Then at the end of that episode, Scully would tell Mulder she's pregnant and play a little with that plot until Per Manum (the one that I would totally had written differently).

Any ideas?

akaisling

[30]Sep 2, 2008
    Hmmm not really. I liked Season 8 as it was. Having Mulder be abducted showed us how far his and Scully's relationship has come and how heartbreaking it is for her to know that he was gone and may never come back. Gillian did a fantastic job in Seasons 8 & 9.

Per Manum would have played out differently if it had been Mulder there instead of Doggett but I'm having a hard time thinking of a way it would have gone because of the difference.

Scifinerdd10

[31]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 14
    omg up until per manum i didnt kno that dogget didnt kno she was pregnant! haha i might b stupid but idk? i just assumed he knew. and then the first time i saw that episode i got really confused lol

OnePerCentClub

[32]Sep 2, 2008
    Yes, but I think Doggett knew there was something going on with Scully and Mulder.

SeveinX

[33]Sep 2, 2008

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Yes, but I think Doggett knew there was something going on with Scully and Mulder.

For sure he knew... people who care a lot for another person have this "sensor" for knowing this kind of things... especially when they care (conscious ir unconscious) in a more romantic way....

SeveinX

[34]Sep 3, 2008
    Probably and very likely already noticed here... but I found it a kind of sweet/nice to see in the Pilot and the Truth that in both episodes they (Mulder and Scully) were in the same position on their motelchamber...

akaisling

[35]Sep 3, 2008
    I thought that too.

Also the video of outside the motel when it is raining is the exact same. Even the cars parked are the same in the Pilot and in The Truth.

SeveinX

[36]Sep 3, 2008

akaisling wrote:
    I thought that too. Also the video of outside the motel when it is raining is the exact same. Even the cars parked are the same in the Pilot and in The Truth.

Seems I have to watch both episodes again.... I like this sort of continuing..

OnePerCentClub

[37]Sep 3, 2008
    SeveinX wrote:

akaisling wrote:
    I thought that too. Also the video of outside the motel when it is raining is the exact same. Even the cars parked are the same in the Pilot and in The Truth.

Seems I have to watch both episodes again.... I like this sort of continuing..

It's actually the exact same position... But on the opposite side.

clairebear_nz

[38]Sep 4, 2008

I had an X-Files break when I was in Hong Kong and went mildly crazy, you'd be surprised at how excited you can get at hearing the X-Files theme song in a Hong Kong hotel room after watching about 3 hours of BBC world and Chinese Olympians winning medals.

Currently, I'm up to season 4, I have season 5 waiting in the wings, then 7-9 up north with a friend of mine, so I need to buy a copy of season 6. Not to mention my friend and I's up-coming "Movie Night" which basically consists of playing X-Files drinking games then watching some really odd movies.

wittyscreenname

[39]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 16
    I am on an accidental X-Files break. I left my DVDs at home. (Actually, I did this intentionally because I thought that tXF would distract me from my studies, but in actuality my withdrawals from tXF are proving to be a greater distraction!)

Scifinerdd10

[40]Sep 4, 2008

clairebear_nz wrote:
    I had an X-Files break when I was in Hong Kong and went mildly crazy, you'd be surprised at how excited you can get at hearing the X-Files theme song in a Hong Kong hotel room after watching about 3 hours of BBC world and Chinese Olympians winning medals.
    omg. i dont kno what thats like ... but holy crap, i can imagine!!!

wittyscreenname wrote:
    I am on an accidental X-Files break. I left my DVDs at home. (Actually, I did this intentionally because I thought that tXF would distract me from my studies, but in actuality my withdrawals from tXF are proving to be a greater distraction!)
    awww nina, that must be tough and i agree. i think itd b more distracting for me not to have them. cuz then all id b able to think about is how i wanna watch it.