CUZ iF YA REALLY THiNK AB0UT iT THESE LiTTLE THREAD C0ULD BE TAKiN UP A
    LiVE 0NE AND S0METiMES PE0PLE JUST C THE 1ST PAGE AND D0NT B0THER WiT
    THE REST S0 YEA..............

ANY QUESTi0NS 0N EPS P0ST HERE!
    PLEASE!
    MAV-ViE ASKS Y0U A FAV0R

Edited on 12/20/2006 6:35pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darkbunni

[2]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 6

O.K this isn't really a question more like opinion but wth, it said 'all questions' so....

I just ordered the first season DVDs (yay) but it's been ages since i saw them and I'm a total wuss when it comes to scary or gross stuff - are there any eps i should really watch out for/see in the daytime?

You did say anything...

nemesis47

[3]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 4
    I'd say Darkness Falls and Ice if you wanna watch out for the scary stuff. Those two have some parts in them that might scare some people.

ellentalk_uk

[4]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 3
    I don't think Season 1 eps are all that "got to waych with the lights on" maybe watch out for Eve...if freaky kids scare you (hehe they do me coz im a teacher) and I guess Squeeze bothers lots of people because it starts you thinking about people breaking in to your house which is not plesant before bedtime.

WhereAreWe

[5]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 9
    I agree with Ellen cept I was watching Ice like a few days ago and I fell alseep to it and had the most messed up scary dream about it! Also I was high but that's beside the point cause it was still very scary and I was scared ha ha but other than that minor set back, Ice is pretty much the best ep. in season one and in life!!!

darkbunni

[6]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 6
    thankies

ellentalk_uk

[7]Jun 8, 2006
    Ok I have one..kinda

So I am the worst kind of fan in that I owe every ep and have watched then all far too many times to still be considered a rational person....but I still feel the need to get my XF fix on a regular basis so my question to you guys in what should I watch?
    I have been right through from pilot to the truth fairly recently so don't feel the need to do that again just yet...but I have also watched all the episodes I consider classics (things like Ice, Duane Barry, Paper Clip) and my personal favs that I have watched over and over (Redux, Bad blood, Triangle etc) so what I need now is you guys to suggest those underated eps that are good but I might not think about straight away when I have 45 minutes to kill and want to stick on an XF.

lisaletostak

[8]Jun 8, 2006
    ellentalk_uk wrote:
    Ok I have one..kinda

So I am the worst kind of fan in that I owe every ep and have watched then all far too many times to still be considered a rational person....but I still feel the need to get my XF fix on a regular basis so my question to you guys in what should I watch?
    I have been right through from pilot to the truth fairly recently so don't feel the need to do that again just yet...but I have also watched all the episodes I consider classics (things like Ice, Duane Barry, Paper Clip) and my personal favs that I have watched over and over (Redux, Bad blood, Triangle etc) so what I need now is you guys to suggest those underated eps that are good but I might not think about straight away when I have 45 minutes to kill and want to stick on an XF.

yeah that's a greeat question because i'm in the same boat. well i could start over with the first episode becasue i don't think i've seen them as much as you have (yet) but for the past month or so i've been watching random episodes but i need underrated ones to watch too.

scarlett_fever

[9]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 19
    Wetwired and Unruhe are two of my faves that I think are underrated. Folie a Deux, Leonard Betts, and Field Trip are also good. I guess it depends on your mood. Hope this helps!

AllUNeedIsLove

[10]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 5

Ah okay I have a lot of these

Sgyzy (personal fav but great ep)

Never Again

Detour

Home

Little Green Men

Theef

Chimera

all things

Quagmire

excelsis Dei

and I know there are more that'll think of later but until then enjoy the magic.

lisaletostak

[11]Jun 8, 2006
    i just watched drive and i'm not sure if it's underrated or rated exactly how it should be rated, but it's good. it's a little scary and like oh no what's gonna happen, but it's really funny too, i.e. CRUMP: Hell, yeah. Who else? You see it all the time on the TV: they're dropping Agent Orange, they're putting radiation in little retarded kids' gonads. yep.

lisaletostak

[12]Jun 9, 2006
    ok i have a question about the green alien blood.  you know how the blood kills you if you inhale it, but only if the alien isn't dead? when the bounty hunter is stabbed in talitha cumi and then scully finds him and finds out he didn't die, why doesn't she die from breathing in the alien blood?

lisaletostak

[13]Jun 9, 2006
    ok i have another question.  mulder's mom tells mulder she couldn't make the choice between him and samantha so bill mulder made it (eventually).  but wasn't everyone who was abducted on 11/27/73 female? 

lisaletostak

[14]Jun 9, 2006
    yeah ok last question, at least for today.  why can't cgb kill cassandra, partly because she's his sons's mother, but he can shoot his own son?  IN THE FACE???

alando7

[15]Jun 9, 2006
    • level: 7

I really thought the X-Files was great seasons 1-6, with season 6 having my favorite episodes (especially "Field Trip"), but I completely lost interest in the series during season 7 when they went down that "alien conspiracy" route that drove the theme of the series for seasons 7-9.  Seemed like in the earlier seasons there were more stand alone shows, but in seasons 7-9 everything was connected into the alien conspiracy theme. Annoying! Anyone else have a similar (or opposite!) feeling?

ellentalk_uk

[16]Jun 9, 2006
    lisaletostak wrote:
    ok i have a question about the green alien blood.  you know how the blood kills you if you inhale it, but only if the alien isn't dead? when the bounty hunter is stabbed in talitha cumi and then scully finds him and finds out he didn't die, why doesn't she die from breathing in the alien blood?

erm yeah...continuity suckage would be the answer but I can fanwank it and say that its because it was a small cut and they were outside in plenty of fresh air!

ellentalk_uk

[17]Jun 9, 2006

lisaletostak wrote:
    ok i have another question.  mulder's mom tells mulder she couldn't make the choice between him and samantha so bill mulder made it (eventually).  but wasn't everyone who was abducted on 11/27/73 female?

Nope there were some boys in the crowd too.

ellentalk_uk

[18]Jun 9, 2006
    lisaletostak wrote:
    yeah ok last question, at least for today.  why can't cgb kill cassandra, partly because she's his sons's mother, but he can shoot his own son?  IN THE FACE???

I guess because Cassandra lived up to her expectations but weasel didn't...the Ironic thing is after he was shot the guy finally got some backbone and CSM would probably respect that!

ellentalk_uk

[19]Jun 9, 2006
    alando7 wrote:

I really thought the X-Files was great seasons 1-6, with season 6 having my favorite episodes (especially "Field Trip"), but I completely lost interest in the series during season 7 when they went down that "alien conspiracy" route that drove the theme of the series for seasons 7-9.  Seemed like in the earlier seasons there were more stand alone shows, but in seasons 7-9 everything was connected into the alien conspiracy theme. Annoying! Anyone else have a similar (or opposite!) feeling?

There were some good MOTW eps in season 7, 8, 9 they were just kinda well buried in the plethora of super solider eps. But I loved ones like The Goldberg Variation, Theef, 4D, Je Souhaite and Improbable.

fal182618

[20]Jun 9, 2006
    • level: 5

ok, so today me and my friend were watching amor fati, and i was wondering, was everything that happened with mulder and diana a dream? or was it real? i did not undersatnd it too well.