The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Ask ALL Questions Here

ellentalk_uk

[181]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    Ok do you want the real reason or the way a fanwank it so that I can ignore the fact that theses arn't real people?!

Real reason - CC is a moron when it comes to continuity especially with Scully and because of this he thinks we are all that way too...I think Scully'f intended fear IS thats shes dying...but CC is affraid that we might have forgotten that so spells the whole thing out for us again. As for the Shrink already knowing that yes she probably would have because it must be in Scully's file but Scully could well be seeing her for a reason other than this since the poor girl has no friends other than Mulder the social Muppet!

Fanwank version - Scully fear is losing control/losing herself/opening herself to people. "WHATS CHANGED" She's dying she already losing control and she hasn't got time to waste worrying about letting her walls done anymore.

For the record here is the irrestible conversation

SCULLY: You think you find a way to deal with these things. In med school, you develop a clinical detachment to death. In your FBI training, you are confronted with cases, the most terrible and violent cases. You think you can look into the face of pure evil. And then you find yourself paralysed by it.

KOSSEFF: Are you aware you've been talking about yourself in the second person?

SCULLY: No. Was I?

KOSSEFF: Do you know why?

SCULLY: Probably as another way of trying to detach myself from it.

KOSSEFF: You're a strong person. You've probably always felt you can handle any problem yourself. But you feel vulnerable now. Do you know why that is?

SCULLY: No.

KOSSEFF: Is it your partner? Is there a problem with trust -
    Scully (firmly): No. I trust him as much as anyone. I'd trust him with my life.

KOSSEFF: Can you talk to him about the way you're feeling?

SCULLY: No. (pauses) I know it sounds crazy, but I don't want him to know how much this is bothering me. I don't want him to think he has to protect me.

KOSSEFF: I know you lost your father last year. And I read in your file that you were very ill recently. That your life was threatened. Exposures like these can leave you extremely vulnerable.

SCULLY (tears well up in her eyes, but she's not crying): I know these things. I'm conscious of them. I know the world is full of predators, just as it has always been. And I know it's my job to protect people from them. And I've counted on that fact to give me faith in my ability to do what I do...
    I want that faith back... I need it back.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lisaletostak

[182]Jul 23, 2006

WhereAreWe wrote:
    Ok w/e I answered this last night but Lisa doesn't wanna be believing no body, but the reason Scully see's the shrink is cause she is afraid of loving and losing Mulder. She is afraid if she starts to act differently around him he won't think of her the same way anymore, also I think Scully goes to see her to show the audience that she is not just all work, that she actually has feelings and is a person that cares about things other than work. But the real reason the shrienk is there is because she is just so sexy they needed to have her in more than one ep. so they were all like ok we will make Scully all sadly so she can go see the hot srhink also Ellen, like usually we are wating to see what you think cause we are weirdos and wanna know

haha yeah thanks elena, this is basically addressed to ellie. although the "scully is so hot she needs to be in as many scenes as possible" and the "scully is afraid of loving and losing mulder" and the "scully has feelings too" explanations are all valid, i need to know what you think ellie! also elena um you think that shrink is hot? cuz i mean i posted a pic of her and everything. ha i mean that's cool if you like em in their 50s though

ellentalk_uk

[183]Jul 23, 2006
    erm I must have posted at the same time as you Lisa!

lisaletostak

[184]Jul 23, 2006

ellentalk_uk wrote:
    erm I must have posted at the same time as you Lisa!

ha yeah guess so. thanks!! i feel better now. and even though most likely cc is dumb, at least i can rationalize it better now with your fanwank explanation! all the incontinuities is x-files p*ss me off so much though!! i mean who the f*ck are you supposed to know whats going on when they're always f*cking up!?!? hey also did anyone ask that question before?

ellentalk_uk

[185]Jul 23, 2006
    Nope I don't think so...hehe so you didn't have me muttering to my self about "muppetts not bothering to scroll back a few pages"

The inconsistency p me off too...I am details person so notice alot! But I learned to fanwank a long time ago to avoid anyrysms...without fanwanking ability I would never have figured out the myth arc!

lisaletostak

[186]Jul 23, 2006

ellentalk_uk wrote:
    Nope I don't think so...hehe so you didn't have me muttering to my self about "muppetts not bothering to scroll back a few pages"

The inconsistency p me off too...I am details person so notice alot! But I learned to fanwank a long time ago to avoid anyrysms...without fanwanking ability I would never have figured out the myth arc!

haha yeha really!! i mean um the WHOLE POINT of the myth arc is in all the details which are impossible to figure out when they're always fckin it up!! but that's what you just said. yeah it p*sses me off so much though

WhereAreWe

[187]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 9

hey Lisa! Old woman need love to ok?! I don't discriminate aight! Oh and I like my answer the best as to why they made Scully see the shrink and Ellen yo ass does need to be online whenever possible!

ellentalk_uk

[188]Jul 24, 2006
    OK OK how do I set myself to away even when I'm not? I do the invisable thing sometimes but then people get pissed at me when they realise I've been hiding because they have been trying to contact me!

WhereAreWe

[189]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 9
    umm do you have Trillian or aim either way you can do it but I have trillian and I don't remeber how to do it on aim, but it's probably the same way

ellentalk_uk

[190]Jul 24, 2006
    I have AIM....sooooo how do I fix it so I can be away and not be at the same time?

maverick13007

[191]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 40

hey ellen do you mean like be "Invisble"?

ellentalk_uk

[192]Jul 24, 2006
    Nope I can do that with the eye thing...but then people I actually want to talk to don't know I am on so don't leave me messages...but you can someone set your away message so it says you are away but you can type to people at the same time it's up - I just don't know how to do it!

maverick13007

[193]Jul 24, 2006

ok huh?
    i didnt get anything you said ELLEN i am sorry its probably the lack of sleep i have....
    please explain that again? ok its something about away messages i believe....

lisaletostak

[194]Jul 24, 2006

ellentalk_uk wrote:
    Nope I can do that with the eye thing...but then people I actually want to talk to don't know I am on so don't leave me messages...but you can someone set your away message so it says you are away but you can type to people at the same time it's up - I just don't know how to do it!

ok ellie here's what you do - you put up your away message and then check the little box in the away message window that says "allow sending of messages" and that's it. then you can im people and your away message won't go away. and also do you know how to make it look like you are never idle? that's how i have it, people can't see when i'm idle and i'm away a lot of the time.  but then people im me that i actually want to talk to and think i might be there cuz it always looks the same but i'm really not there, like you earlier and mav imed me too. but i wasn't there!!

ellentalk_uk

[195]Jul 25, 2006
    yeah yeah thats what you tell us - SCREENER!
    Thanks I will do that with the away thingy -and I officially give you guys the right to IM me while I'm away and I promise I wont just ignore you. The Idel thing I kinda want to work the other way so it looks like I am idel when I'm not really because my friends and aquaintances know that really if I am on the comp I am free to talk...but nevermind.

ok I have 2 new questions (1 is even XF related for a change!)

1)Mulder in red speedos! Now whos idea was THAT do you think? Because I know it was the 90's and fashion was F'ed up but still people knew that speedos were bad...at least we did over here coz I remember thinking at the time YIKES! so was it written in the script? Did the wardrobe people think Mulder should be a speedo guy? Or DD just have the urge to show his package off again? Thoughts please!

and 2) Ok is there ANYONE that is not tracking my contributions on here?! In the last 2 weeks I have had at least 1 usually 2 or 3 messages a day telling me that someone new is tracking my contributions! Thats kinda crazy - don't get me wrong I don't mind at all, I think its great that people are joining our little community but I don't really think what I say is all that exciting!

scarlett_fever

[196]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 19
    ellentalk_uk wrote:

ok I have 2 new questions (1 is even XF related for a change!)

1)Mulder in red speedos! Now whos idea was THAT do you think? Because I know it was the 90's and fashion was F'ed up but still people knew that speedos were bad...at least we did over here coz I remember thinking at the time YIKES! so was it written in the script? Did the wardrobe people think Mulder should be a speedo guy? Or DD just have the urge to show his package off again? Thoughts please!

and 2) Ok is there ANYONE that is not tracking my contributions on here?! In the last 2 weeks I have had at least 1 usually 2 or 3 messages a day telling me that someone new is tracking my contributions! Thats kinda crazy - don't get me wrong I don't mind at all, I think its great that people are joining our little community but I don't really think what I say is all that exciting!

Ok, I'll try to answer.

1) Mulder showing his package again? Please tell me what ep we get another chance to see erm...yeah hee hee. Ok, no really I think that every fashion choice from the first 2 seasons are WTF worthy. I really don't know whose idea it was. DD used to be on the swim team in college (I think) so he probably had no qualms about the speedo. I think it was a ploy on the producers part to give the show more sex appeal but I heart Mulder and even I was like "geez a speedo?" and then I laughed but yes I looked! Ok I'm totally not answering your question am I? Maybe someone will know the real answer.

2) People track you because you are awesome. I don't even know who I am tracking right now. Am I tracking you? Haha you might get another mail soon!

I gotta question! In the 'Pilot' our two favorite agents get paired up in March of 1992 right? But later in that first season Scully says dates of her reports late into 1993 so are we supposed to believe that M&S were partners a whole year between the Pilot and say any of the other eps from season 1? It would explain their changing hair if time had elapsed. But yeah I hope I'm making sense if not then I'll put the dunce cap back on!

ellentalk_uk

[197]Jul 25, 2006
    No thats correct....it's what's I like to refer to as yet another continuity f*ck up from CC. Honestly the XF is like his baby you'd think he would take care of it better!

and yes you are tracking me, you have been for months! I think I might be tracking you too though really. I think I am maybe tracking like 3 people but I don't really understand what that actually does!

maverick13007

[198]Jul 27, 2006

hehe CHris Carter's baby is the x-files haha
    ohh man you crack me up ellie

tinker79bell

[199]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 6

so this might be the dumbest question ever, but its been bothering me b/c i cant figure it out, so someone PLEASE help me here.....what exactly does the word "shipper" mean? i see it all the time, i just have no idea what it means. can someone please explain it to me???  THANKS!!

ellentalk_uk

[200]Jul 28, 2006
    It comes from realationSHIP-PER i.e people that followed the Mulder Scully realationship and wanted then to get it on!

It was first used by XF fans way back in the early 90's but has now been picked up and used about other shows too (CSI being a notable one). Back in the day there used to be all out wars between shipper and Normos because the Normos accused shippers of not being true fans and said they would f' up the show....I actually don't think there are that maybe Normos on this site though...most of then died off round about season 7