The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

CSM, Cassandra Spender and Teena Mulder

maybe2

[1]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 7

I was rewatching some old episodes with CSM, and I was watching him with Teena Mulder and Cassandra Spender. CSM actually has a heart! He sat forever by Teena Mulder when she had a stroke (which also reminded me of Mulder and Scully's bedside vigils) and arranged for her healing, and was nearly crying when he was talking to Cassandra about not letting them kill her.....is Samantha his daughter too? I just thought it was interesting how someone who seems to only care about the future and colonization and such would put so much effort into protecting two women from his past....

Edited on 01/21/2009 7:07pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Eightimprov

[2]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 3
    There have been a few episodes where they have showed CSM as less of a villian and more about being "misunderstood". Check out Season 4: Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man

Aventina

[3]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 5
    I think so much of that was the way William B Davis played it. It's not in the dialogue. But the actor said he always saw CSM as the real hero of the show, and that's what he wanted to show when he played him.

DrTrish197

[4]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 18
    he is my favorite secondary character on the show.....we never know if he is samantha's dad too..... a part of me thinks he might be because everytime he looks at the old pictures of mulder it's always a pic of samantha too.... it could be because it's the only pic but we never know..... but then i also think that maybe he is just muder's dad and that is why he made sure samantha was the one taken by the aliens and not mulder cause he wouldn't want his own son in danger.... but we never know.....about the eps, there's also en ami when he talks to scully, and to quote scully there is a "whole different side of him"