The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

John Doggett and Monica Reyes's ending

_Telimtor_

[1]May 16, 2009
    • level: 2

Ok i just finish watching all seasons of X-files today ! It's been 6 months now since me and my wife started from Season 1, watch both movies and today we just ended the final episode! What a ride !!

BUT what's up with John and Monica ? There's no real ending for their characters.. is that it !?!??! I'm a bit confused...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

The-1337

[2]May 16, 2009
    • level: 4
    They kind of just drive off in the New Mexico desert. We probably will never know what happened to them, but since Skinner was still part of the FBI, I'd like to think they are doing fine.

Piper_freeze

[3]May 17, 2009
    • level: 19
    Yeah, I hope they are okay, too. Maybe we see (or at least her of) them in XF3? Would be nice.

HelloStuart

[4]May 17, 2009
    • level: 63
    Piper_freeze wrote:
    Yeah, I hope they are okay, too. Maybe we see (or at least her of) them in XF3? Would be nice.

I doubt it. I would say the majority of X-Philes couldn't care less about Doggett and Reyes.

DrTrish197

[5]May 17, 2009
    • level: 18
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Piper_freeze wrote:

I doubt it. I would say the majority of X-Philes couldn't care less about Doggett and Reyes.

yep... totally agree.... doggett and reyes was just an attempt of CC to continue TXF without Gillian and David, and it failed.... i doubt it if we will ever hear from them again....

Frankburnsflagg

[6]May 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    DrTrish197 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Piper_freeze wrote:

yep... totally agree.... doggett and reyes was just an attempt of CC to continue TXF without Gillian and David, and it failed.... i doubt it if we will ever hear from them again....
    Yea from what CC felt about that -- I figure that'll be the case... sadly.

I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

OuroborosSnyder

[7]May 24, 2009
    • level: 25

Frankburnsflagg wrote:
    DrTrish197 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Piper_freeze wrote:
    Yea from what CC felt about that -- I figure that'll be the case... sadly. I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

I felt that way too, in the beginning. Still do. I was so pissed about seasons 8 and 9. I hated that Mulder (DD) was gone for most of the episode. Robert Patrick had some big shoes to fill, though. I think he did pretty damn good. As for as him and Reyes, I really liked them together if you know what I mean. =) I shipped them, but also kind of ignored their episodes. Does that make sense? LOL

~Snyder~

This_Years_Love

[8]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 11
    I feel the exact same way about Doggett and Reyes. If Chris Carter had tried continuing the X Files with just Doggett & Reyes, I would have stopped watching the show because to me, the x Files was all about Mulder & Scully - no one else. But if Carter had created a spin-off show for Doggett & Reyes, I probably would have watched it.

goldtop2007

[9]Aug 14, 2009
    • level: 14
    I would have stilled watched, with Reyes and Dogget as the leads, but I understand why most people wouldn't. I really enjoyed Robert Patrick though, an excellent actor and very handsome man

Pennfana

[10]Aug 30, 2009
    • level: 6
    If there's a third movie, I wouldn't mind finding out what happened to them and maybe even seeing them involved in the plot somehow. After all, if the third film deals with alien invasion, I'm sure Scully and Mulder would appreciate some help from people they already know.

Piper_freeze

[11]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 19
    That sounds good to me, Penn. As long as Mulder and Scully have a lot of screen time (together, please! XD), I'd love to see John and Monica again! AND DA SKINMAN!!!!

fullhans1

[12]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 4
    At least some of the important characters of the series should be mentionend, respectively what happened to them. Doggett, Reyes and I would also like to know, what happened to Gibson Praise.

farscapefanuk

[13]Sep 5, 2009
    • level: 32
    They really do have to be in the third movie. Like I felt IWTB was a bit silly not evening mentioning if they are still at the FBI etc like couldn't Scully or Mulder have had one line asking Skinner how they are? Also I still cant understand why in IWTB they never went down to the X Files office to see what its like now... But seeing as XF3 is supposed to end all the mythology and plotlines Doggett and Reyes need to be in it. Its not like Doggett had a small part either he did star in 2 full seasons! I understand for CC Doggett and Reyes are not the main concern but there story needs to be dealt with even in passing.

OnePerCentClub

[14]Jan 30, 2010
    • level: 35
    Piper_freeze wrote:
    That sounds good to me, Penn. As long as Mulder and Scully have a lot of screen time (together, please! XD), I'd love to see John and Monica again! AND DA SKINMAN!!!!

I second this!

akaisling

[15]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 17
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Piper_freeze wrote:

I second this!

I third it. I like Doggett as a character quite a lot. Wasn't too keen on Reyes, but I still want to know how things went for them.

tv_Rescue911

[16]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 50
    I would like to see Doggett and Reyes as supporting characters in the next movie, in much the same way their characters were used in "The Truth". Like it or not, they were part of the show, and it would be nice if they are least spoken of this time around.