The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Probably an stupid question here.. but I need an answer!

ultimate-tv-fan

[1]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 5

Why the russians chopped Krycek's arm off? Because The Black Cancer only took over your body by entering through your nose, ears, eyes, etc. I mean it's not a way to prevent the infection, so why would they do that?? And they tried to do the same with Mulder...

But I have to say that it was great to see him with the prosthetic arm/hand trying to drink that tea!! in the final scene.

So anyone knows the answer to this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mimoji

[2]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 14
    those guys who chopped his arms off did it to make sure he can't be used as a test object in tunguska. one arm = you can't work there, you can't get the injection in that arm (although I dunno if that is relevant). Those people who did that to him all only had one arm for the same reason. They thought they were doing him a favour

ultimate-tv-fan

[3]Oct 25, 2008

mimoji wrote:
    those guys who chopped his arms off did it to make sure he can't be used as a test object in tunguska. one arm = you can't work there, you can't get the injection in that arm (although I dunno if that is relevant). Those people who did that to him all only had one arm for the same reason. They thought they were doing him a favour

Thanks you're right. I guess I forgot, I need to re-watch that episode!

They used them as slaves to work in the mine, then they infected them with the black cancer.

Aventina

[4]Oct 31, 2008
    mimoji wrote:

I learn something new every day. I always thought it was because of the small pox scar, and they were cutting off the scar so they couldn't be tracked during the experiments.

You know what really bugged me about that epi? How they just left Mulder about to get his arm cut off, and then he shows up in the court room with NO explanation of how he avoided amputation AND how got back to the US with no Russian language, no money, and no papers!

mimoji

[5]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 14
    that russian's wife prevented him from getting his arm amputated and he asked them to help him get out of the country...

cvjrbdjkasfi

[6]Nov 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    yeah, I think you fell asleep at one point, Aventina.

LadyInque

[7]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 24

They cut the arm to avoid being slaves in tunguska and, by the way, for being test subjets in the experiments they cant test it in "imperfect" hosts