The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Season 9 Episode 'TrustNo1' question

mollykat82

[1]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 6
    The 'shadowy operative' told scully he knew everything about her life. I recently watched the entire 9 seasons in a week and a half.. not much of a life.. and when this operative said he knew scully once invited Mulder to her bed one lonely night. I was wondering in what episode did that actually happen? Did anything like that happen at all during the 9 seasons??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

akaisling

[2]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 17
    We never really see it in the episodes, with the exception of the beginning of All Things but they are in Mulder's apartment in that episode.

In the show we never see that much of their personal lives. Only what is brought up through the cases they work.

We have to assume that things happened between them that never came up in the show. In particular during Season 7 when their relationship definitely began to become more than that of partner and friend.

I couldn't guess whereabouts in Season 7 that, 'one lonely night' occurred, but most definitely between Millennium and All Things.

A lot of people think that All Things was their first time but there is a strong likelihood that it wasn't.

Piper_freeze

[3]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 19
    Personally, I believe this 'inviting him to her bed' happened after the events we saw as flashbacks in season eight's "Per Manum".

akaisling

[4]Jan 25, 2009
    Piper_freeze wrote:
    Personally, I believe this 'inviting him to her bed' happened after the events we saw as flashbacks in season eight's "Per Manum".

Totally, that's where I see it happening too. Such a tender moment in the final flashback. I'm gonna watch that now.

Piper_freeze

[5]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 19
    akaisling wrote:
    Piper_freeze wrote:

Totally, that's where I see it happening too. Such a tender moment in the final flashback. I'm gonna watch that now.

It's so unfair that we don't see how it continued!! Who knows.. maybe they filmed that and we get to see it 10 years after. That would be in february 2011! Well, I guess I can wait 2 more years..^^

xPilotTheTruth

[6]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 5
    I always thought that too, but then the question always is where did the flashbacks take place?

Aventina

[7]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 5

I think it happened in Sein Und Zeit (when Mulder's mother dies). Frank Spotnitz once made a point of saying that Scully had woken up in Mulder's apartment twice in season 7, and the "I dare you" look on her face when Skinner comes to the door the next morning said it all to me.

akaisling

[8]Jan 26, 2009
    Aventina wrote:

I think it happened in Sein Und Zeit (when Mulder's mother dies). Frank Spotnitz once made a point of saying that Scully had woken up in Mulder's apartment twice in season 7, and the "I dare you" look on her face when Skinner comes to the door the next morning said it all to me.

Yes, that is a possible place for it to have happened. Personally, I don't see it happening there.

1. It's said she invited him to her bed.
    2. I don't think she'd have tried to do anything with him then unless he initiated it, but even then would be wary.

Same can be said for the situation in the Per Manum flashbacks.

Wherever those flashbacks take place I am pretty convinced that is the one lonely night. I've got a long reason all formed in my head but since I suck at explaining things like that I'll leave my explanation for now and work on getting it right. Maybe posting it at the weekend.

DrTrish197

[9]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 18
    i believe those flashbacks are from several different seasons...... the only part i am positive about is the elevator part when she tells him about not being able to have babies and that for sure happened before emily in season 5 because in emily mulder already knew she couldnt have babies..... but everything else is hard to frame..... however i do believe that the night she gets back from the doctor and mulder is waiting for her at her apartment is the night they slept together for the first time..... it must have happened somewhere at the end of season 6 and beginning of season 7.... most likely beginning of season 7 cause of the whole diana thing.....