The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Super Soldiers in the FBI..

Hair_Metal_Kev

[1]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 4

Spoilers for the new movie!

What I don't understand is by the end of Season 9 it was clear Super Soldiers had infiltrated all levels of the FBI and they were no longer safe. Mulder had to hide a whole season and the last time he was at the FBI he got chased terminator style all over..

But now suddenly all is forgiven. Despite being a convicted murderer and being sentenced to death all it takes is one missing FBI agent to basically wipe the slate clean? Also what kind of hiding was it really with Scully openly working under her real name. It just doesn't make sense and it an insult to everyone who followed the show for 9 years (regardless of the quality of the movie). I had really hoped it was like Mulder said a ploy to smoke him out and at the end of the movie they would have to run.. but no. Apparently the Aliens are happy to let a man run around who knows their plans and the government is willing to forgive a murderer..

Also how can Scully/Skinner be so calm about starting a new life when she knows only four years from now colonization will begin!?

The very least they could of done was use false identity's and the movie could pretty much have gone on as it did without making a mockery of all that has gone before it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hair_Metal_Kev

[3]Aug 10, 2008
    I see what your saying, I just think it cheapens the last few seasons a lot. I mean the Smoking man thought the only place he could be safe was in that valley yet Mulder and Scully can live relatively free. Even if there were no aliens involved normal FBI officers surly wouldn't let a man sentenced to death go free, never mind work for them again. Also it seemed pretty obvious that by the season 9 finale the FBI had been infliltrated to the point where it was no longer safe for them at all, afterall the last we saw Mulder and Scully they were being chased by helicopters equipped with rocket launchers! My other beef with the movie was that it was hinted that if it was ever found out Skinner and Kursh helped Mulder they would be killed outright, if this is true theres no way Scully should of phoned Skinner because of the risk of implicating him.

Cristina_chavia

[4]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 9

I'd imagine there was a two pronged logic.

Firstly, if the super soldiers and chums had really wanted Mulder and Scully they could have got them at any time over the last six years. I mean, you'd have to be pretty naive to believe a hair cut and a name change would be enough to save you. Quite frankly after a while of beign in hiding it would be fairly apparent exactly how much danger you were in. Perhaps a little more back story would ahve helped, but it is in some way vagually plausible.

The second part of logic would probably be closer to "hey, didn't the whole super soldiers plot suck? Let's never mention it again and hope no one notices".

Hair_Metal_Kev

[5]Aug 11, 2008

I just can't believe that the Super Soldiers would let him live freely especially after he killed one of their own and knows their plans. It makes it even more unlikely if they ever found out he had been in contact with the FBI during the events of the second movie (for whatever reason).

I would of found it a hell of a lot easier to buy had they had been left alone because they had gone into semi respectable isolation since season 9 ended, but apparently thats just not the case.

Edited on 08/11/2008 5:32pm

xloverin

[6]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 16
    First. Mulder didn't kill one of them. Knowle Rohrer died in the anasazi ruins, Mulder wasn't even there. Second. As far as I know super soldiers were after William, no?

Scifinerdd10

[7]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 14
    crap, this has to do with the whole prophecy thing that they talk about it S9, doesnt it? and it says like if mulder lives then william will be good, and if he dies then william will be bad? or vise versa? i forget. i have to watch those episodes again.

OnePerCentClub

[8]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 35

I think that a lot happened in 6 years and some of you have said and I believe that yes, M&S were on the run and hiding for a while but I think that they noticed that maybe it was safer that before to be outside, at least for Scully, that they tried and it worked. Besides, they were after Mulder, not Scully.

I think Skinner went on being FBI (and a very important one) and he could've used his position to try to have them leave Scully alone but maybe he just couldn't do anything for Mulder so he needed to stay hidden.

Skinner is the man. He always protected the both of them even when his job and life were in danger. Without asking for anything back.

LG

Piper_freeze

[9]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 19
    You know what I'd love to do? Visit Chris Carter, sit by the fireplace and listen to him telling the story of what exactly happened between 2002 and 2008. I think he should write a book about that sometime.

spookymully

[10]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 10

Piper_freeze wrote:
    You know what I'd love to do? Visit Chris Carter, sit by the fireplace and listen to him telling the story of what exactly happened between 2002 and 2008. I think he should write a book about that sometime.

May I join you???

But he has to invite David and Gillian as well.... I'll bring cookies

*sighs* but...It will never happen...

torn_and_frayed

[11]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 5

that'd be so cool.

"please read me a bedtime story uncle CC."
    "well, once upon a time there were these two..."
    LOL soz about that.

Hair_Metal_Kev

[12]Aug 15, 2008

xloverin wrote:
    First. Mulder didn't kill one of them. Knowle Rohrer died in the anasazi ruins, Mulder wasn't even there. Second. As far as I know super soldiers were after William, no?

In the eyes of the law Mulder killed him and thats all that matters. And no the aliens wern't just after William thats why Mulder went into hiding in season 9 and he became a critical threat when he found out the date of colonization in the 2 part finale The Truth.

The other option of course is that the second Mythology movie takes places as a prequel to I Want to Believe, which would make a lot more sense.

Edited on 08/15/2008 11:12am

xloverin

[13]Aug 15, 2008
    Hair_Metal_Kev wrote:

xloverin wrote:

In the eyes of the law Mulder killed him and thats all that matters. And no the aliens wern't just after William thats why Mulder went into hiding in season 9 and he became a critical threat when he found out the date of colonization the the 2 part finale The Truth.

The other option of course is that the second Mythology movie takes places as a prequel to I Want to Believe, which would make a lot more sense.

Yes, but not supersoldiers were after him, but government.

OnePerCentClub

[15]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 35

Piper_freeze wrote:

That would be awesome! Well, both of them!

X_FanGirl_X

[16]Aug 15, 2008
    Cristina_chavia wrote:
    The second part of logic would probably be closer to "hey, didn't the whole super soldiers plot suck? Let's never mention it again and hope no one notices".

WORD, CRI. WORD.

I ignore the last two seasons mostly lol. "Scully had a baby? Mulder is the Messiah? Doggy and Moronica take over?LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU"

torn_and_frayed

[17]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 5
    HEHEHE

Cristina_chavia

[18]Aug 16, 2008

Jesus!Mulder was the worst thing to ever happen. Lo, and it shall be beheld that I am upon a table in the shape of a cross with a crown of thorn...er...CE safety band. And it shall come to pass that eventually someone will have to acknowledge that other characters exist and one of these characters "Scull...something" will free me from the prison for there are no guards and everyone gave up caring.

Gah!

thejyhad2

[19]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 3
    I must admit it was absolutely crazy how the FBI could just forget about Mulder's conviction because they want his assistance to find one missing FBI agent. I mean if the US president was missing or something it would be more convicing.

Furthermore, it was the Marines that forced Mulder to trial, on the basis of the supersoldiers' influence. Absolutely no explanation why the supersoldiers let Mulder live on, when considering that they tried to kill him with missiles at the end of season 9.

xloverin

[20]Aug 18, 2008
    thejyhad2 wrote:
    Furthermore, it was the Marines that forced Mulder to trial, on the basis of the supersoldiers' influence. Absolutely no explanation why the supersoldiers let Mulder live on, when considering that they tried to kill him with missiles at the end of season 9.

They aimed at CSM.