The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

The 'Official' X-Files Movie 2 Thread

potthead

[81]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 6
    I'm very new to the TXF fandom. I discovered the show last semester because I'd end up finishing all my work around midnight or after, and then I'd turn on TNT or Sci-Fi and catch reruns of this show featuring a man with a charmingly large nose and cutest little sad, droopy eyes. And now I'm a big ol' David fangirl, and completely in love with the show! I think it's been 3 months since I discovered TXF, and I've seen about half the seasons and the first movie, and I'm totally into the idea for a second movie! I haven't read this whole thread, but it appears 2007 is the year of TXF2? Is this true? Do we have an okay for a second movie? Or are we all just being hopeful? ^^;;

And as far as the letters are concerned, we're just sending them to FOX saying why we want the second TXF movie, right?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Talie0701

[82]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    Hi Pothead, It's terrific that so many new fans are discovering the X-Files through reruns, X-Files will never die.

As for the movie, there is currently a legal dispute between Fox and Chris Carter so we are hoping the letters will help hurry them up to resolve it and to jumpstart the Greenlight for 2007. Basically, yes, we are writing to Fox and asking them to please make X=Files 2 but we are writing as a mass fan group so the letters will all be delivered at once and make a big impact.

So on your actual letter put:
    20TH CENTURY FOX THEATRICALS P.O. BOX 900
    BEVERLY HILLS,
    CA 90213-0900

On the envelope put one of the Create the Future collection addresses: Create the Future
    c/o MaryEllen Stafford
    654 Hackett Hill Rd
    Manchester, NH 03102
    United States

Create The Future
    Postfach 3320
    52134 Herzogenrath
    Germany Create the Future
    246 Keyes Road
    New Brighton
    Christchurch 8083
    New Zealand

Hope that helps and looking forward to your letter.

Talie

potthead wrote:
    I'm very new to the TXF fandom. I discovered the show last semester because I'd end up finishing all my work around midnight or after, and then I'd turn on TNT or Sci-Fi and catch reruns of this show featuring a man with a charmingly large nose and cutest little sad, droopy eyes. And now I'm a big ol' David fangirl, and completely in love with the show! I think it's been 3 months since I discovered TXF, and I've seen about half the seasons and the first movie, and I'm totally into the idea for a second movie! I haven't read this whole thread, but it appears 2007 is the year of TXF2? Is this true? Do we have an okay for a second movie? Or are we all just being hopeful? ^^;;

And as far as the letters are concerned, we're just sending them to FOX saying why we want the second TXF movie, right?

X-Greek

[83]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 7
    Talie0701 wrote:
    Hi Pothead, It's terrific that so many new fans are discovering the X-Files through reruns, X-Files will never die.

Well, as long as they dont stop broadcasting the reruns!

Talie0701

[84]Jan 4, 2007
    X-Greek wrote:
    Talie0701 wrote:

Well, as long as they dont stop broadcasting the reruns!

Well true but that's what pay tv is for and X-Files is one of the best series of all time so I think they will continue to show it.

So how's all those letters from Greece coming along?

X-Greek

[85]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 7
    I would be happy to help with translation and stuff.
    I also want to write a letter. But from what i see, there is no adress here in Greece where i could send it..

Talie0701

[86]Jan 4, 2007
    X-Greek wrote:
    I would be happy to help with translation and stuff.
    I also want to write a letter. But from what i see, there is no adress here in Greece where i could send it..

cool that would be awesome! The German address is currently the collection point for all of Europe (including UK at the moment)Vieh is a very, very lovely German girl studying to be a doctor and is anxious to receive letters from all over Europe. Talie

Talie0701

[87]Jan 8, 2007
    2 people at Haven (one from UK and one from Brazil) have also said they've just sent their letters in too so the pile is growing. More and more people are starting to write which is terrific. 

Talie

Talie0701

[88]Jan 8, 2007
    Yay! I'm_the_lick's (Annabelle's) letter arrived safely at my house this morning. Thanks heaps Annabelle - that will bring the Aussie total up to 6 letters (and hopefully more Aussie's have written that I don't know about) .

So if any more Australian's would like to save on postage please PM me for my home address in Perth and I will forward them on overseas for you.

Thanks again I'm_the_lick - you are awesome and you rock!!!!

Talie

XfilefanSG1

[89]Jan 9, 2007
    I was beginning to think it was never going to happen! Despite their claims that "all the loose ends" were tied up at the end of the series, I was left with a few dozen questions and new potential directions! I can't wait.

Talie0701

[90]Jan 9, 2007
    XfilefanSG1 wrote:
    I was beginning to think it was never going to happen! Despite their claims that "all the loose ends" were tied up at the end of the series, I was left with a few dozen questions and new potential directions! I can't wait.

Hi XfilefanSG1, Unfortunately X-Files 2 isn't greenlighted yet but there is an international letter writing campaign called Create the Future where fans are writing in asking Fox to finally produce the movie and then the gigantic pile of letters from all around the world will be hand delivered to Fox later this year. So if you want X-Files 2 please write to Fox via Create the Future. So far officially 141 people have written but there is unoffically more than that now but we need lots to make a huge impact on Fox so they know X-Files fan are still out there.

Talie

trustno1uk

[91]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 9
    Apparently the movie is not going to happen until Chris Carter ends the law suit with Fox.

Scifinerdd10

[92]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 14
    aww wheres MY letter i mailed it a while ago and NH isnt that far from me

Talie0701

[93]Jan 10, 2007
    Scifinerdd10 wrote:

Hi Scifinerdd10, I'm sure it has arrived safely - I'm_the_lick lives in Australia (where I'm from) so she sent hers to me which is why I mentioned it on here. MaryEllen/Yokie is the USA contact so you will hear about your letter once the site is updated again but I'll ask her if she got it when I talk to her next. Talie

Talie0701

[94]Jan 10, 2007
    trustno1uk wrote:
    Apparently the movie is not going to happen until Chris Carter ends the law suit with Fox.

I think the letter campaign & the online petition will hopefully encourage Fox to resolve the lawsuit quicker if they know lots and lots of fans willing to spend money buying movie tickets and X-Files 2 merchandise.

So let's get everybody writing so we can get as many letters as possible like Gillian said on her official site... Talie

LadyHeather1

[95]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 2

Hello.

I am new to the X-Files Forum.  I have been revisiting my fascination w/the X-Files from years ago.  I have even gone so far as to buy all 9 seasons and the movie.  I am watching seasn 8 right now.  I would love to see an X-Files 2 movie. 

I'm too lazy to read all the posts.  What kind of correspondence do you need and where do you need it sent to?

I would be happy to write a letter ifor the cause.

Lady Heather.

Talie0701

[96]Jan 10, 2007
    LadyHeather1 wrote:

Hello.

I am new to the X-Files Forum. I have been revisiting my fascination w/the X-Files from years ago. I have even gone so far as to buy all 9 seasons and the movie. I am watching seasn 8 right now. I would love to see an X-Files 2 movie.

I'm too lazy to read all the posts. What kind of correspondence do you need and where do you need it sent to?

I would be happy to write a letter ifor the cause.

Lady Heather.

Yay another Heather on the board Cool Thanks for wanting to help. Which country do you live in? Talie

Scifinerdd10

[97]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 14
    Talie0701 wrote:
    Scifinerdd10 wrote:
    Hi Scifinerdd10, I'm sure it has arrived safely - I'm_the_lick lives in Australia (where I'm from) so she sent hers to me which is why I mentioned it on here. MaryEllen/Yokie is the USA contact so you will hear about your letter once the site is updated again but I'll ask her if she got it when I talk to her next. Talie
    aw thanks

LadyHeather1

[98]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    I live in the US. I'm glad I can help.
    Lady Heather

Talie0701

[99]Jan 11, 2007
    LadyHeather1 wrote:
    I live in the US. I'm glad I can help.
    Lady Heather

Hi Lady Heather,

Thanks for supporting your country! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

Write to Fox asking for X-Files 2 via Create the Future at:

Create the Future
    c/o MaryEllen Stafford
    654 Hackett Hill Rd
    Manchester, NH 03102
    United States (You put this address on the envelope - if u have family/friends who want to write u can put them in the same envelope. Put this address on your actual letter sheet:
    20TH CENTURY FOX THEATRICALS
    P.O. BOX 900
    BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90213-0900

There's some sample letters in the thread if you need some more inspiration, & just ask if u have any questions I'll be happy to help.

We look forward to your letter!
    Thanks again,
    Talie

zoedaxphile

[100]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 4
    i posted up one of my flyers at the local library, im going to check back there soon to see if anyone's taken the slips.