The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

The "official" XFiles Movie 3 Thread

darkbunni

[21]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 6

wow, the Skinner love on this thread is palpable!

I'd love to see Krychek and CSM...and the Lone Gunmen! but they all had pretty final deaths, even by X Files standards...how could they possibly bring any of them back?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainHarkness

[22]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 23
    darkbunni wrote:

wow, the Skinner love on this thread is palpable!

I'd love to see Krychek and CSM...and the Lone Gunmen! but they all had pretty final deaths, even by X Files standards...how could they possibly bring any of them back?

With Science Fiction, anything can happen.

OnePerCentClub

[23]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 35
    velvet_fox wrote:
    Yeah totally agree. William has to return.

Aside from the wonderful Mulder and Scully angst it would cause, i'm intrigued to see how he's turned out. Red hair? Big nose? Would he have an aquired taste for sunflower seeds? That sort of thing.

I know!!!! I wish he looked like Mulder with the dark hair and the distinctive nose and Scully's blue eyes. I was thinking about it yesterday. I just can't imagine the great performance Gillian would give when Scully sees William for the first time in like 9 years. It would be a tearful reunion.

LG

keepgoinFBIWmn

[24]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 15
    WOW cool thread! I love the positivity around here for XF3. And yes, Skinner MUST be in it *sigh* I love him! He's like their big brother or something. I wonder how XF2 is doing...

Princess_Pinky

[25]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 11

I absolutely agree with everyone who said Skinner and William MUST to come back! I could go either way with Dogget and Reyes. (I never grew too fond of them because that was when Mulder left, so I was in mourning. lol)

I'd also really like an Emily mention. I highly doubt it'll happen, but since I'm a huge Emily Sim fan, I can hope!

And of course an appearance in some capacity by Samantha to finally give closure. (And I wouldn't mind an appearance in some capacity - flashback or dream or something - by Melissa either.)

Scifinerdd10

[26]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 14
    keepgoinFBIWmn wrote:
    WOW cool thread! I love the positivity around here for XF3. And yes, Skinner MUST be in it *sigh* I love him! He's like their big brother or something. I wonder how XF2 is doing...
    YES! omg a big brother! i could never quite describe it right and that just did. yeahhh skinner HAS to be in it. he holds a special place in my heart

OnePerCentClub

[27]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 35

I agree with you. When Skinner is holding Mulder to keep him warm, it was really nice, it's like that scene somehow represented how much he took care of M&S during the whole series.

LG

Edited on 08/08/2008 10:54pm

CaptainHarkness

[28]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 23
    Skinner's awesome. I especially liked in in End Game when he and X squared off. Awesome scene.

keepgoinFBIWmn

[29]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 15
    HAHA yeah! I forgot about that--awesome scene.

Piper_freeze

[30]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 19
    "The X-Files: 2012" was actually the title I thought of, too, Dana. Maybe it's too boring, though. You know, CC would chose something with more 'meaning'.

Scifinerdd10

[31]Aug 9, 2008

yeahh ud think theyd pick something with more meaningful ... but i think X-Files: 2012 sounds BADASS!

Cristina_chavia

[32]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 9

X Files: When It All Goes Pear Shaped

X Files Go Boom

X Files: Here Come Da Aliums!

Frankburnsflagg

[33]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 13
    Cristina_chavia wrote:

X Files: When It All Goes Pear Shaped

X Files Go Boom

X Files: Here Come Da Aliums!

Nice...

Stitchme2gether

[34]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 3

My thoughts on XF3...

First of all, I would really like to see CC get someone else to write the script. Of course, he would give the main plot outline, but let someone else do the bulk of the writing. IMO, CC is a hell of an "ideas" guy, but his writing sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. I know that TXF is HIS baby, and giving up control of it to anyone else would be extremely difficult, especially when its probably the last part of an almost 20 year journey. Throughout the run of the series, there were many great episodes penned by outside writers, although none of them were mythology eps. Still, I think someone from the outside could bring some new ideas, and just better overall writing to the whole project.

Secondly, I would like to see them get an experienced film director. If XF3 is going to be about the impending alien invasion, its going to need to be BIG. XF2 was really a small movie. As much as I was dying to see it, I wish they would have waited until Nov or Dec to release it. It probably would have done better at the box office. But I'm getting off topic. As I was saying, I don't think CC has the experience to helm a film as epic as XF3 should be. I would LOVE to see an XF movie directed by Ridley Scott. Which kind of brings me to my third point...probably the biggest obstacle that XF3 will face...

The budget. A movie about an alien invasion is going to be crazy expensive. XF2 only cost $30 million to make. To do XF3 properly, its going to take AT LEAST $150 million. With the business IWTB is doing, I don't see that happening...unless you attach a big name director and some A-List costars to it. There HAVE to be some big name stars out there that are huge XF fans that would be willing to take a pay cut in order to get this thing made.

Another thing...don't be so damn secretive about it.

And the last thing...The biggest thing for me that was missing from IWTB....a Foo Fighters song. I know Dave Grohl is an X-Files fan. Get him to write a song specifically for M&S. Yeah, I know "Walking After You" was in FTF, and it fits them well, but it wasn't written for the movie.

Thats all I've got. I'd love to hear your thoughts on my thoughts on XF3.

mojanuary

[35]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 12
    Stitchme2gether wrote:
    The budget. A movie about an alien invasion is going to be crazy expensive. XF2 only cost $30 million to make. To do XF3 properly, its going to take AT LEAST $150 million. With the business IWTB is doing, I don't see that happening...

This is exactly what scares me the most. To develop the story about alien colonization (the scope is tremendous) and make the movie successful they need a huge bunch of money. Otherwise the movie won't look good and will be even bigger mock than XF2. No chances to get more than $100 million from FOX.

Scifinerdd10

[36]Aug 10, 2008
    i dont think it needs quite THAT much money. i mean look at FTF. that movie ROCKED and it was only 60mil, right?

Piper_freeze

[37]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 19
    Heather is right!! FTF was just WOW! So, I still believe in a GREAT XF3!

Stitchme2gether

[38]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 3

Scifinerdd10 wrote:
    i dont think it needs quite THAT much money. i mean look at FTF. that movie ROCKED and it was only 60mil, right?

yes, but that was in 98. XF3 would be in 2012.

Frankburnsflagg

[39]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 13

My thoughts on XF3...

First of all, I would really like to see CC get someone else to write the script. Of course, he would give the main plot outline, but let someone else do the bulk of the writing. IMO, CC is a hell of an "ideas" guy, but his writing sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. I know that TXF is HIS baby, and giving up control of it to anyone else would be extremely difficult, especially when its probably the last part of an almost 20 year journey. Throughout the run of the series, there were many great episodes penned by outside writers, although none of them were mythology eps. Still, I think someone from the outside could bring some new ideas, and just better overall writing to the whole project.

I SO second that. The guy comes up with some good ideas, but he needs to let his own ego not get in the way of making a good movie. Let some fresh blood in to help out in the long run. That certainly wouldn't hurt. He's not the best writer, like you said -- and I can agree on that.

Secondly, I would like to see them get an experienced film director. If XF3 is going to be about the impending alien invasion, its going to need to be BIG. XF2 was really a small movie. As much as I was dying to see it, I wish they would have waited until Nov or Dec to release it. It probably would have done better at the box office. But I'm getting off topic. As I was saying, I don't think CC has the experience to helm a film as epic as XF3 should be. I would LOVE to see an XF movie directed by Ridley Scott. Which kind of brings me to my third point...probably the biggest obstacle that XF3 will face...

I agree with this as well. They need to get someone who has experience to helm the next film.

Another thing...don't be so damn secretive about it.

I second that too. Secrecy was bad for this film... don't do that the next time around.

@ Stitchme2gether -- you did a very nice job in terms of coming up with things that were not so good with the film itself...

Edited on 08/10/2008 10:46am

Princess_Pinky

[40]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 11

The X-Files 3: 2012 works, but like some said, it does seem kind of boring. IWTB worked because it was such an important phrase in the series and it was perfect for the question that the film poses, "Can redemption be achieved for crimes that are 'unforgivable'?" and the answer is, "I want to believe it can." It was a win-win there.

For the final film, it needs to be something "epic" and yet still meaningful (which is why I hope they don't go for something like The X-Files: Invasion or something silly like that).

The X-Files: I Believe

The X-Files: Belief

*shrug* I really don't know. lol I hope CC can come up with something as good perfect for XF3 as IWTB. He's got a brilliant mind, so I'm counting on him.