The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

The X-Files 3 more possible

Piper_freeze

[21]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 19
    Well..^^ it's a matter of taste and of what kind of fan you are. Fortunately, most X-Philes did love the film. So there's no point in saying 'it was bad'. Hey, no offense to you, kdtfiles.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

keepgoinFBIWmn

[22]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 15
    shea, right on Pi!

Scifinerdd10

[23]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 14
    awww i hope dvds sell well!!! if thats what XF3 depends on. pshhh il go out and buy them all of the shelves right now if thats what it takes hahha

kdtfiles

[24]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 23
    Piper_freeze wrote:
    Well..^^ it's a matter of taste and of what kind of fan you are. Fortunately, most X-Philes did love the film. So there's no point in saying 'it was bad'. Hey, no offense to you, kdtfiles.
    Don't get me wrong, I have always been a huge huge XF fan, in the X-P boat for all these years, love the show, have all the DVDs, the games, figures - the whole nine yards, loved the first movie. Now, sure there were some great parts to the IWTB, but it just wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, I'm still going to buy the DVD gotta keep the set intact.

cvjrbdjkasfi

[25]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 7

kdtfiles wrote:
    Piper_freeze wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I have always been a huge huge XF fan, in the X-P boat for all these years, love the show, have all the DVDs, the games, figures - the whole nine yards, loved the first movie. Now, sure there were some great parts to the IWTB, but it just wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, I'm still going to buy the DVD gotta keep the set intact.

I wasn't all that impressed with the film either. In the run up to the film coming out, I found out that CC spent a week writing the script- and it showed. I remember when I mentioned that the DVD would have the director's cut, my other half reposnded with "does it have a good version of the film?"

Ghidorah06

[26]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 8

It's been a long time since I've come to this forum. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you people or the show. I watched IWTB two times in theaters back in July and bought the blu ray set containing both films yesterday. I loved the film.... don't really have any negative thoughts about it. I liked it for what it was, as it ran like an extended episode to me.

Basically now, we all have to 'believe' that DVD/BD sales will be good enough to grant a third film. I'd say if it makes 20m or more with DVD sales, then we should be alright... though I'm not FOX. At least it's out around the holiday season...hopefully that boosts it a little.

I WANT TO BELIEVE we can all FIGHT THE FUTURE for X-FILES 3!!!

Edited on 12/04/2008 1:23am

keepgoinFBIWmn

[27]Dec 4, 2008
    Yeah, the fact that its Christmas time is really great for sales so...*crosses fingers*

Piper_freeze

[28]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 19
    Yes! Round here, it was sold out at noon the day it was released!!

Frankburnsflagg

[29]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 13
    cvjrbdjkasfi wrote:

kdtfiles wrote:
    Piper_freeze wrote:

I wasn't all that impressed with the film either. In the run up to the film coming out, I found out that CC spent a week writing the script- and it showed. I remember when I mentioned that the DVD would have the director's cut, my other half reposnded with "does it have a good version of the film?"

Whoa... only a week? Damn, no wonder why the film was weak in parts... I still liked it. But hopefully if there is a third film, the writing will be better... both David and Gillian are owed it, since they did such a good job acting this time around .

And it's selling pretty well where I'm at, better than Stepbrothers... so that's all well and good.

keepgoinFBIWmn

[30]Dec 8, 2008
    you guys, I've noticed it barely there or sold out at the stores I went to, so that's a good sign

Scifinerdd10

[31]Dec 8, 2008
    oooof i was at walmart the other day and there was like a million of them. glad its doing good where you guys are

LadyInque

[32]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 24
    If there's a XF3 i like to see aliens this time

kdtfiles

[33]Dec 9, 2008
    I went to FYE the other day to get mine, they were sold out too, guy there said even if I order it now it would be back listed for weeks while they fill other orders. But what kind of prices are you guys seeing in your areas?? because FYE here have them for almost $30 , when I got the first one it was only $15.

Scifinerdd10

[34]Dec 9, 2008
    ahhh i just went to walmart again and there were a lot less this time especially the blu-ray ones, which are more expensive so thats goooood! but the 3 disc special edition ones are about $30 where im at and the regular ones are around $20.

keepgoinFBIWmn

[35]Dec 9, 2008
    yeah, the 3 disc ones are like 25 bucks and the reg ones are like under 20 I think. But yeah, I've been seeing them sold out alot.

Scifinerdd10

[36]Dec 9, 2008
    haha ive been thinking of an excuse to buy more of them and i just found one! im gonna get it for my friend carol for christmas! haha even though she didnt ask for it. she loves xfiles. not like we do but whatever

kdtfiles

[37]Dec 9, 2008
    Oh, that's why. I didn't notice it was a 3 disc set, that makes it soooooo worth spending the extra $ for it. Thanks.

keepgoinFBIWmn

[38]Dec 9, 2008
    sounds like a great idea to me

CaptainHarkness

[39]Dec 10, 2008
    Here at Wal-Mart IWTB is $23 for the sing disc and $25 for the double disc. At Future Shop The three disc steelbook is $27.99. I'm pretty sure that I'm getting the steelbook for Christmas.

keepgoinFBIWmn

[40]Dec 10, 2008
    steelbook?!?