The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

The X Files Crossover Thread!

  • Avatar of Cristina_chavia

    Cristina_chavia

    [41]Aug 20, 2007
    • member since: 08/17/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 563
    Ah, That's great. Would it count as an AU? Or just post modernism?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of me_monkey11

    me_monkey11

    [42]Sep 16, 2007
    • member since: 08/15/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 91
    Cristina_chavia that was so funny
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Cristina_chavia

    Cristina_chavia

    [43]Sep 16, 2007
    • member since: 08/17/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 563
    ANTM or talking about post-modernism? both amuse me, but on different levels.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of super_snotling

    super_snotling

    [44]Sep 17, 2007
    • member since: 03/15/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,235
    There's soe funny stuff here, I don't normally do this kind of thing, but I have been inspired. Wathc this space for the greatest story even told. I sahll cross-breed the X-Files with CSI New York, creating a story the likes of which have never ben seen before.

    Unless I get distrcated by something shiny, then it's just gonna be a bit crap.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jerbs

    Jerbs

    [45]Sep 17, 2007
    • member since: 06/05/03
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 3,071
    super_snotling wrote:
    There's soe funny stuff here, I don't normally do this kind of thing, but I have been inspired. Wathc this space for the greatest story even told. I sahll cross-breed the X-Files with CSI New York, creating a story the likes of which have never ben seen before.

    Unless I get distrcated by something shiny, then it's just gonna be a bit crap.

    LMAO!!!!! SHINY!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of super_snotling

    super_snotling

    [46]Sep 17, 2007
    • member since: 03/15/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,235
    Yeah, and if it turns out to be both shiny and edible, or if the shiny thing happens to be a Star Trek DVD, then I'm afraid there will be no story...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of puzzlingpixie

    puzzlingpixie

    [47]Sep 17, 2007
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,472
    Jerbs wrote:
    Haha you did make a thread. But I just realized a mistake in my fanfic, apparently in the 6th book (I havent read it) Dumbledoor dies so he shouldn't have been in my fanfic but whatever.


    No one here has read the last Harry Potter book? I read it as soon as it came out. Why did you write a fanfic about something you haven't read? Sorry if this sounds rude, it isn't meant that way, my tone here is more incredulous than anything else, because I love Harry Potter. I guess I'm just surprised that there are book fans that haven't read the last book.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of X_FanGirl_X

    X_FanGirl_X

    [48]Sep 17, 2007
    • member since: 06/05/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,523
    alot of us have read it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jerbs

    Jerbs

    [49]Sep 17, 2007
    • member since: 06/05/03
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 3,071
    There was a lot of people on here that read the final book. However, I am not one of them. I have only seen the movies, not the latest one though. I was just stating that I made the mistake of putting Dumbledoor in the story when he was actually dead, but whatever it was just a fanfic. Just for fun
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of puzzlingpixie

    puzzlingpixie

    [50]Sep 17, 2007
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,472
    Jerbs wrote:
    There was a lot of people on here that read the final book. However, I am not one of them. I have only seen the movies, not the latest one though. I was just stating that I made the mistake of putting Dumbledoor in the story when he was actually dead, but whatever it was just a fanfic. Just for fun


    very true, it was a good fan fic too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Cristina_chavia

    Cristina_chavia

    [51]Sep 18, 2007
    • member since: 08/17/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 563
    I hate Harry Potter. A lot. I enjured the first two books since I felt I couldn't comment unless I read them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of scarlett_fever

    scarlett_fever

    [52]Sep 18, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 3,370
    Cristina_chavia wrote:
    I hate Harry Potter. A lot. I enjured the first two books since I felt I couldn't comment unless I read them.


    OMG someone who agrees with me! Yeah sorry Potter fans but I can't stand the Harry Potter books/movies!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Cristina_chavia

    Cristina_chavia

    [53]Sep 18, 2007
    • member since: 08/17/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 563
    Woo hoo! Let's start a club! The "Harry Potter Sucks Sweaty Unwashed Man Bits Club!"

    I am founder member of HPSSUMBC!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of scarlett_fever

    scarlett_fever

    [54]Sep 18, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 3,370
    Cristina_chavia wrote:
    Woo hoo! Let's start a club! The "Harry Potter Sucks Sweaty Unwashed Man Bits Club!"

    I am founder member of HPSSUMBC!


    Ugh, I did not need that visual!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of me_monkey11

    me_monkey11

    [55]Sep 18, 2007
    • member since: 08/15/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 91
    scarlett_fever wrote:
    Cristina_chavia wrote:
    I hate Harry Potter. A lot. I enjured the first two books since I felt I couldn't comment unless I read them.


    OMG someone who agrees with me! Yeah sorry Potter fans but I can't stand the Harry Potter books/movies!


    i second that, i HATE harry potter, the books, the movies, all of it. the author is really good, but i HATE the story, a lot
    Edited on 09/18/2007 6:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of X_FanGirl_X

    X_FanGirl_X

    [56]Sep 18, 2007
    • member since: 06/05/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,523
    the author is good but you hate the story? XD lol does that make sense?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of scarlett_fever

    scarlett_fever

    [57]Sep 18, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 3,370
    X_FanGirl_X wrote:
    the author is good but you hate the story? XD lol does that make sense?


    It can, like you can like an actor but hate a movie they were in.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of X_FanGirl_X

    X_FanGirl_X

    [58]Sep 18, 2007
    • member since: 06/05/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,523
    ah i guess i'm in the wrong here. jk rowling hasn't written anything but harry potter though
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Cristina_chavia

    Cristina_chavia

    [60]Sep 19, 2007
    • member since: 08/17/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 563
    :
    "Mulder, you ask me that constantly. Why do you think my answer is going to change?"


    It's funny cos it's true.

    Lol. and re: Rowling, I don't think she can write [certainly not based on the first two!], but I'm in agreement about the story. Recycle standard mythology creatures, chuck in a witch school (cos that's never been doen before), your standard boarding school stereotypes and throw in a whole load of wish fulfillment. Oh and [Zombie!Harry epilogue that even the fans hate]

    You can have good writers bitten by a bad plot bunny. Have you ever read a book and been really let down because the potential was so high, but the plot such a striking cop-out? It's like you can have a great book with a character so annoying you want to strangle them.There's squillions of factors that make up a good book, and writing skills is just one of them.
    Edited on 09/18/2007 11:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.