The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Things that remind us of the X-Files

Scifinerdd10

[1]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 14
    Ok so I thought i'd start a thread for things that remind us of the x-files because i always see random things and I'm like OMG...NO WAY! and i always post them on the "You Know ur an X-Files Fan When..." thread. If this a dumb idea just tell me and we can ignore this thread...hahaha but i thought it was a good idea
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

schmuckatelly

[2]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 5
    Ok how about this. I read this topic and was thinking, "hmmm what reminds me of the Xfiles?" I turned around and turned the channel to TBS and there's David Duchovny. I think that's enough to remind me right there. I still don't know what the movie is though. Something with drag queens and showgirls.

theboneslady

[3]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 7

Heh, the movie was Connie and Carla--everyone should see it just to see DD acting silly.

Dude, this is a great thread topic!! I always giggle at something and tell everyone around me why so and so reminds me of the X Files.  Let's see... cockroaches make me weary sometimes, so I always take them outside instead of squashing them...I was watching a sports channel and they had water skiing championships and all I could imagine was the CSM competing...scary huh? 

schmuckatelly

[4]Aug 12, 2006
    theboneslady wrote:

I was watching a sports channel and they had water skiing championships and all I could imagine was the CSM competing...scary huh? 

Ummm...that is really strange. Why would you try to imagine that? And what would make you do that? Is there some sort of connection with CSM and water skiing that I missed in the show?

X_Arcadia_X

[5]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 13

schmuckatelly wrote:

Ummm...that is really strange. Why would you try to imagine that? And what would make you do that? Is there some sort of connection with CSM and water skiing that I missed in the show?

I think it was mentioned in Talithi Cumi (which I can't spell but w/e, and it's probably not even the right ep) when CSM was tlaking to Mulder's mum at the Mulders' old holiday home and he said something about remembering water-skiing there.

Anyhoo, I went to the cinema today to watch My Super Ex-Girlfriend, and Luke Wilson was in it and that obviously reminded me of XF, and then one of the characters said "yadde yadde yadda" and I was like OMG! and started cracking up coz it reminded me of Scully in Bad Blood.

Edited on 08/12/2006 12:18pm

CSM135

[6]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 22
    I know that this is a little silly but i was watching the FBI Files and these two guys were on the run and the they said that the two guys were heading west and it kind of reminded me of the season six episode Drive.Oh did you know that William B Davis is a champion water skier.
    Edited on 08/12/2006 12:42pm

scarlett_fever

[7]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 19
    Yeah I once saw a pic of him water skiing it was weird! I think practically everything can remind me of something XF related!

Ellikay48

[8]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 1
    Haha I totally think of the X Files whenever someone rubs and/or makes me check out a spot anywhere near their neck.

Scifinerdd10

[9]Aug 12, 2006
    OMG YAY! im so glad u guys think this is a good idea cuz i seriously see the most random stuff ALL the time and have no where to post it. So i was on my way to Cedar Point last monday and we passed a truck that said Storm King on the side n im like OMG NO WAY! RAIN KING!!! lol

OuroborosSnyder

[10]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 25

Ok I got one...

Everytime my mommy makes sandwiches when we go out boating all day, I always think of Arcadia.  So its like a joke between my mom and I.  We always tell eachother..."WOMAN, Get back in there and make me a sandwich" lol Good Times ~Snyder~

Scifinerdd10

[11]Aug 13, 2006
    I watched Inside Man last night with Jodie Foster and im like "OMG its the original Scully!!!" yeah my family just looked at me like "wtf, heather!?"

CSM135

[12]Aug 13, 2006
    • level: 22
    You know i always thouht that agent Starling in Silcene of the Lambs reminded me of Scully now i know i'm not the only one.

Scifinerdd10

[13]Aug 13, 2006
    Oh well i never even noticed that. Elena told me that CC based Scullys character on Jodie Foster/Clarice Starling...omg and speaking of, I LUV hannibal and Julianne Moore in that movie! that used to be like my favorite movie of ALL time! besides The X-Files and Pirates of the Caribbean of course

AllUNeedIsLove

[14]Aug 15, 2006
    Scifinerdd10 wrote:
    Oh well i never even noticed that. Elena told me that CC based Scullys character on Jodie Foster/Clarice Starling...omg and speaking of, I LUV hannibal and Julianne Moore in that movie! that used to be like my favorite movie of ALL time! besides The X-Files and Pirates of the Caribbean of course

WOOT WOOT (hehe sorry seen pirates 2 5 times -- yes I'm sad deal with it)
    Listness

-bees
    -cher
    -avaitor sunglasses
    -trains
    -lochness monster (quagmire)
    -elvis (Mulder lurves his elvis)
    -yogurt (right now you're on a kinda bee pollen kick and lately for lunch you've been eating plain yogurt with some bee pollen and I keep telling you that you're a scientist and you should know better)
    -frankenstein (sometimes called the modern prometheus)
    -Romeo and Juliet (I saw a vid of it once and now I relate them to each other)

Scifinerdd10

[15]Aug 15, 2006

Haha nice list...but i meant like random things that u see everyday...like today i passed Foxboro rd and i practically jumped outta my car. And yesterday there was this place in some plaza called Sully's and from far away i thought it said Scully's so my heart basically like fell through my butt...until we got closer and i saw wat it really said

Scifinerdd10

[16]Aug 15, 2006
    Ok like i was just looking at the main page for the x-files on here and i saw the clip from Hungry and i just realized that the main guy in that episode plays in Final Destination...he plays Tod

scarlett_fever

[17]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 19
    I always pass this church on my way to school and its called "Gethsemane" Church and I always think of XF. I also pass a Fox Insurance place and think of XF. Anything can relate to XF if you're obsessed enough!

Scifinerdd10

[18]Aug 15, 2006
    OMG! so i went to a Catholic high school last year (but i transferred out this year) and we learned about Gethsamane in religion class! it was a mountain or something i forget, but i so flipped out in the middle of class!

DinkaMailer

[19]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 17
    Every abandoned warehouse and flashlight reminds me of the X-Files

AllUNeedIsLove

[20]Aug 16, 2006
    Oh okay well the word murder for one cause it looks like mulder and then my friend alwasy raising one eyebrow.