The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Things that remind us of the X-Files

mojanuary

[2941]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 12
    My grandmother has got a new clock with "Tempus Fugit" written on it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xPilotTheTruth

[2942]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 5
    This was on the vote page of FAIL blog it made smile

I also liked how the asker choose it as the best answer lol

Piper_freeze

[2943]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 19
    LOL!! I've been to London yesterday (wowwww!) and there were two or three things that def reminded me of TXF. I will post pictures in a few days.

And I've been soooo close to Gillian, eeeeep! Of course, seeing her will have to wait until july 15th.

Writer203

[2944]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 9
    Okay, I have a funny one. I called my mom on Friday evening, and after some perfunctory talk of siblings and jobs and such, she started talking about the death of David Carradine. I was half-listening when she mentioned that he was found with a rope around his neck and genitals. Being an X-Files fan, "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" pops into my head. Without even thinking, the next words to come out of my mouth were "You mean auto-erotic asphyxiation?" She was like "Exactly. Wait..what?" She turned to my stepdad and inquired to him on whether he knew that their 19 year old daughter knew terms like that, and asked where I got it from. I explained to her the X-Files reference, and now she's slightly concerned about the TV programs I watch On the one hand, I managed to shock her, which is not an easy thing to do.

Piper_freeze

[2945]Jun 11, 2009

As I promised, here are a few pictures of things that reminded me of TXF in London last week:

M&S

Doggett

Skinner

I was taking that M&S picture for YOU guys only despite the way everyone was looking at me!!!

mojanuary

[2946]Jun 19, 2009
    I watched the trailer of upcoming movie "2012". Amanda Peet is on it. Like it is not enough that they are exploiting "the end of the world on 2012" topic, that should have stayed untouched for the third x-files movie in my opinion

Piper_freeze

[2947]Jul 10, 2009
    LOL I'm watching Buffy the vampire slayer. Here's what made me laugh:

DAWN: Well, what did you think would happen? You're freaking invisible, Buffy.
    INVISIBLE BUFFY: I know. Xander and Anya are working on it. Muldering out what happened.

XD

mojanuary

[2948]Jul 10, 2009
    Good one!

Writer203

[2949]Jul 10, 2009
    I love it. I think I'm going have to start using "Muldering" in my every day vocabulary now.

Piper_freeze

[2950]Jul 11, 2009
    Tee hee, me too!

kata_booth

[2951]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 1
    I'm in marching band, and we get assigned numbers as our spots on the field. This year, my number is 42.

Canuck21

[2952]Aug 9, 2009
    • level: 2

DrTrish197 wrote:
    I agree Piper.... Nothing is ever good enough for us after watching TXF... Especially for those of us who have been a phile from day one... The X Files has spoiled a lot for us... Romance is never gonna be good enough for us either.... hahahaha.....

I was an X-Phile since day one, but I have finally found a show that has surpassed The X-Files and that show is Bones. In fact, I was looking for a show that was similar to Moonlighting. You see, I only discovered Moonlighting a few months ago. I did watch a handful of episodes in the '80s, but I was too young to understand the jokes and such. I decided to watch the whole series again and boy was it good. I never thought that I would ever like a show more than TXF, but Moonlighting was beyond my expectations. I thought that DD and GA had the best chemistry until I saw Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis creating sparks. Now I understand why every couples with sexual tensions are compared to Maddie and David; they were truly amazing together.

After watching all five seasons of Moonlighting on DVD twice in a row, I had nothing else to watch. I don't know why, but I don't feel like re-watching TXF even though I haven't seen it in years and have all nine seasons. I was looking for a show that is airing at the moment and many people have mentioned Bones as being similar to Moonlighting. I was skeptical at first because I don't like procedural dramas and Bones looks exacly like a typical procedural drama with all the scientific forensic investigations, but this time the emphasis is on bones. I also wasn't too attracted to the actors. I didn't like Bones at first, but since there was absolutely nothing else on TV that was remotely interesting to me, I gave it a few more tries. It's funny that in the pilot, Agent Booth said "we're Mulder and Scully". I said to myself: "great, Moonlighting with a touch of TXF". After watching about five episodes, I was hooked in a big way. I now LOVE David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel and I like the rest of the cast very very much. Unlike Moonlighting and TXF, Bones' supporting cast and characters are all interesting and likeable. I like that they're like a family at a work place.

So Bones kind of reminds me of TXF, but the Brennan/Booth relationship is actually more like Maddie/David from Moonlighting and I find that more fufilling. With Mulder/Scullly, it took so much time to gain ground that I got frustated and felt like giving up on them. By the ninth season, I didn't care anymore.

Felner

[2953]Aug 10, 2009
    • level: 4
    Three months ago I went to Andorra and me and my friends discovered a cave in the middle of the freakin snow... Some of my friends wanted to go in but no way I'd let them after watching the 1st X-Files movie, the one where in the end the ship takes off above Mulder and Scully...

lsgrimm91

[2954]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 1

apart from my collectiion sitting on top of the TV?

cher, coffee in foam cups, high heels, 1013, shiny green writing... i love looking at my 'ranga hair in the morning and wishing it could look like scully's morning hair, but it never does.

Writer203

[2955]Aug 14, 2009
    Ah, to have Scully's morning hair. I wonder how much hair spray I'd have to use....hmmm.....

I just watched Bones' "Judas on a Pole", only to find it directed by David Duchovny. I had to rewind the video to make sure, and then cracked up. What would be a more perfect episode for him to direct than one that has to do with dirty dealings and conspiracy in government?

mojanuary

[2956]Aug 30, 2009
    I saw Leonard Betts on Ugly Betty and Big Mike from Arcadia on Men in Trees today

Piper_freeze

[2957]Aug 31, 2009
    Cool! I started watching Millennium (the series by Chris Carter) and it's like you watch X-Files because almost EVERYONE of the characters (I am not kidding you!) has been on TXF, too! By the way, I think the show is HIGHLY recommendable! But you have to have strong nerves.

mojanuary

[2958]Sep 1, 2009
    Hm, I guess I'll give it a try then, too. The Lone Gunmen was a blast!

Writer203

[2959]Nov 11, 2009
    Anyone else noticed that Flyleaf's new album is entitled "Momento Mori"?

gambyx716

[2960]Nov 19, 2009
    ^^haha yea i saw that.

yahoo notified me of the safest or nicest places to raise your kids this year or something like that and Arcadia, CA was on the list.