The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

What do you think the best Mytho episode is

pee_ter_griffen

[1]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 4

I have another post posing the question. What is the best non-mytho episode & I was also wondering. What do you think the best Mytho episodes of the X-Files are.

Here is my list

1. E.B.E. – Jerry Hardin one of the finest actors of all time playing Deep Throat manipulates Mulder into a cross country search for a dying alien. I have always loved Jerry Hardin as an actor and as Deep Throat and the scene with him and Mulder in front of the reactor is one of the greatest character moments in x-files history.

2. Paper Clip – The over arching conspiracy begins to unravel. And the end when Skinner says to Cancer Man "This is the part where you pucker up and kiss my ass". The first time I saw this I screamed. Finally Skinner shows his true colors. Brilliant.

3. Tempus Fugit/Max – After a plane holding Max Fenig (from Fallen Angel) is downed Mulder & Scully try to find out why. The scene were we are on the plane and watch the events transpire is haunting & incredibly well done.

4. The End – A young boy who can read minds is hunted down by the syndicate because he can answer all the questions in the x-files. This includes a large collection of great scenes between Elder 1, The Well Manicured Man & Cancer Man.

5. Two Fathers/One Son – The usual 2 part mytho episode is turned on its head with all the questions posed for the last 6 years answered. Brilliant, because it was so unexpected. The only draw back was that we lost the always enjoyable scenes in the New York penthouse because the syndicate is now all but dead.

What is your list? Do you agree – disagree with me. I would love to hear your feedback.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xloverin

[2]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 16
    I'm not going to criticise, I have to rewatch:-) Just a few that you obviously forgot:-DD

Memento Mori, Reduxes, 731/Nisei, Tunguska/Terma, The Truth

pee_ter_griffen

[3]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 4
    I was trying to keep it down to 5 but other than The Truth I agree totally

Piper_freeze

[4]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 19
    I'm a sucker for all mythology episodes! Are there any bad ones? *Thinks*

I don't know. I love them all.

akaisling

[5]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 17
    Memento Mori/Gethsemane/Redux/Redux II
    The Truth
    Requiem
    Terma/Tunguska
    Piper Maru/Apocrypha

Those are by far my favourites...

Piper_freeze

[6]Jul 2, 2008
    I think 'Tempus fugit' is the only one that could be mistaken for a movie. It's really cool and interesting even when you're not a fan.

akaisling

[7]Jul 2, 2008
    Ooo Max and Tempus Fugit were really intense and interesting...
    Trust No 1 counts as mythology too, yeah? Add those 3 to the list aswell.. hehe...

Piper_freeze

[8]Jul 2, 2008
    And the Pilot is kind of mytho, too isn't it? ^^ I really like that one. It's the best pilot any tv show ever had!

akaisling

[9]Jul 2, 2008
    Yes the Pilot too... I knew it was a bad idea to try and pick just a few Mythology episodes...

torn_and_frayed

[10]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 5

i can't think of any bad mythology episodes - i love them all!
    however i am a sucker for the earlier ones especially anasazi, end game and paperclip.

the two-parters always seem to be more exciting and intense, whenever TO BE CONTINUED comes on the screen i find myself shouting NOOO at the TV - they can't be bad if they leave you wanting more.

Aventina

[11]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 5
    Memento Mori - absolutely riveting from start to finish, outstanding performances from both leads, and that amazing stainless steel vault of human ova.

Anasazi/Blessing Way/Paper Clip - is absolutely the best trilogy of the nine years. The boxcar full of bodies, visitation from Bill Mulder/Deep Throat, files (lots and lots of them), and a realistic tie-in to WWII history - it just doesn't get any better than this.

The End - loved the character of Gibson Praise and his ability. The idea had so much possibility at this point.

The movie FTF was an excellent mythology episode, drawing in the bees in a really big way.

And of course Duane Barry. It never would have happend if not for Duane Barry.

X_Blaidd_X

[12]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    Amor Fati, the Reduxes, momento mori, and EBE. Oh, ant the pilot!

my1sunshine

[13]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 12
    pee_ter_griffen wrote:

I have another post posing the question. What is the best non-mytho episode & I was also wondering. What do you think the best Mytho episodes of the X-Files are.

Here is my list

1. E.B.E. – Jerry Hardin one of the finest actors of all time playing Deep Throat manipulates Mulder into a cross country search for a dying alien. I have always loved Jerry Hardin as an actor and as Deep Throat and the scene with him and Mulder in front of the reactor is one of the greatest character moments in x-files history.

2. Paper Clip – The over arching conspiracy begins to unravel. And the end when Skinner says to Cancer Man "This is the part where you pucker up and kiss my ass". The first time I saw this I screamed. Finally Skinner shows his true colors. Brilliant.

3. Tempus Fugit/Max – After a plane holding Max Fenig (from Fallen Angel) is downed Mulder & Scully try to find out why. The scene were we are on the plane and watch the events transpire is haunting & incredibly well done.

4. The End – A young boy who can read minds is hunted down by the syndicate because he can answer all the questions in the x-files. This includes a large collection of great scenes between Elder 1, The Well Manicured Man & Cancer Man.

5. Two Fathers/One Son – The usual 2 part mytho episode is turned on its head with all the questions posed for the last 6 years answered. Brilliant, because it was so unexpected. The only draw back was that we lost the always enjoyable scenes in the New York penthouse because the syndicate is now all but dead.

What is your list? Do you agree – disagree with me. I would love to hear your feedback.

I love this thread, thanks. Well, it's hard to disagree with any of your choices.. but.. and most of my choices are going to be archs ..

1. The Erlenmyer Flask.. The Mythology really begins with purity control, the human-alien hybrids, and of course..the demise of Deep throat.

2. Sleepless/Duane Barry/Ascention/One Breath.. Introducing the Ratboy.. the debut of X , Scully's abduction, and the mystery of her return. I think this arch is what made Mulder and Scully's relationship what it was.. and is. Sometimes the birth of a baby can be a multifaceted gift.

3. Colony/Endgame... The "return" of Samantha had us all going, let's admit it...and the unltimate badass...The Bounty Hunter

4. Anastasi/The Blessing Way/Paper Clip... Aliens, The DAT tape, Navajo Code Talkers , The Syndicate's debut, Death of Bill Mulder, and Melissa Scully, and Mulder's first death,(Lol). Great stuff.

5. Momento Mori... no explaination needed . Simply Gillian's best work.

6. Patient X/The Red and The Black... Big budget cinema stuff

7. Two Fathers/One Son ... The conspiracy ends. Wait...the conspiracy ends? Whaaaah!

X_Blaidd_X

[14]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    X_Blaidd_X wrote:
    Amor Fati, the Reduxes, momento mori, and EBE. Oh, ant the pilot!

Oops. I Mean Deep throat, not EBE...

LadyInque

[15]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 24
    All oif them are awsome