I have another post posing the question. What is the best non-mytho episode & I was also wondering. What do you think the best Mytho episodes of the X-Files are.
Here is my list
1. E.B.E. – Jerry Hardin one of the finest actors of all time playing Deep Throat manipulates Mulder into a cross country search for a dying alien. I have always loved Jerry Hardin as an actor and as Deep Throat and the scene with him and Mulder in front of the reactor is one of the greatest character moments in x-files history.
2. Paper Clip – The over arching conspiracy begins to unravel. And the end when Skinner says to Cancer Man "This is the part where you pucker up and kiss my ass". The first time I saw this I screamed. Finally Skinner shows his true colors. Brilliant.
3. Tempus Fugit/Max – After a plane holding Max Fenig (from Fallen Angel) is downed Mulder & Scully try to find out why. The scene were we are on the plane and watch the events transpire is haunting & incredibly well done.
4. The End – A young boy who can read minds is hunted down by the syndicate because he can answer all the questions in the x-files. This includes a large collection of great scenes between Elder 1, The Well Manicured Man & Cancer Man.
5. Two Fathers/One Son – The usual 2 part mytho episode is turned on its head with all the questions posed for the last 6 years answered. Brilliant, because it was so unexpected. The only draw back was that we lost the always enjoyable scenes in the New York penthouse because the syndicate is now all but dead.
What is your list? Do you agree – disagree with me. I would love to hear your feedback.