The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

What episode of the X-Files could you have done without?

Scifinerdd10

[21]May 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    LadyHeather1 wrote:

Do you remember in Bad Blood where they both referred to the Goat Sucker and Mulder kept saying they had 4 fangs not 2 like the vampires?

I'm watcing the X-files right now and I can do without any episode with the horrible "Foul"ly and Jeffrey "the Whiner" Spender.

LH

No wonder she was married to Tom Cruise. Was she a Scientologist also?

YES! there was a quiz in my Us magazine a few months ago and shes the one who got him into it!

haha i remember reading the magazine at work and flipping out cuz there was a little picture of her next to the question and i was like ewwwww!

Edited on 05/10/2008 4:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

X_Blaidd_X

[22]May 10, 2008
    • level: 8

ilovemulder wrote:
    Gender Bender. That episode did nothing for me. And ditto on space not being great. But the fact is, I'd rather watch either of those episodes of the files than any episode of any show.
    Doesn't ANYONE like Gender bender?? I thought it was adorable....I've since found that I'm the only one...*Sigh*

Home disturbed me, but I still re watch it. I have fond memory's of eating raspberry-filled chocolate and almost puking every time something gory came on the screen*, while bonding with my daddy while watching it!

Then again.

I have a strange family,

*Long story

Edited on 05/10/2008 9:10pm

Scifinerdd10

[23]May 10, 2008
    i like gender bender its not my favorite, but i like it

my1sunshine

[24]May 19, 2008
    • level: 12
    ...well..maybe that Flukeman thing. I could've done without that just fine. Lol.

C_J_B_Spender

[25]May 19, 2008
    • level: 7
    my1sunshine wrote:
    ...well..maybe that Flukeman thing. I could've done without that just fine. Lol.

fsofield

[26]May 19, 2008
    • level: 12

"Field where I died", did nothing for me too, and I thought it was dumb that they implied Mulder and Scully would just be life long friends, and some random stranger who you never see again is his true love. Sorry CC you can't fool me!

And the one with the zoo animal, and the girl who was channeling the Buffalo mafia member, were lame...I can't even remember their titles.

Princess_Pinky

[27]May 24, 2008
    • level: 11

Well, I don't know the name of the episode because I was really young back when I used to watch XF (with my parents), and way back then...I didn't even know TV episodes had names. lol

But the episode that I cannot stand was one that involved some kind of camera crew following Mulder and Scully around. I couldn't even finish watching it because I could not stand the shifty camera angles in that episode: they drove me to the brink of insanity!

xloverin

[28]May 24, 2008
    • level: 16
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

Well, I don't know the name of the episode because I was really young back when I used to watch XF (with my parents), and way back then...I didn't even know TV episodes had names. lol

But the episode that I cannot stand was one that involved some kind of camera crew following Mulder and Scully around. I couldn't even finish watching it because I could not stand the shifty camera angles in that episode: they drove me to the brink of insanity!

X-cops... well, don't watch Cloverfield...

akaisling

[29]May 24, 2008
    • level: 17
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

Awww X-Cops. Sorry you didn't like it. That episode was excellent.

Scifinerdd10

[30]May 24, 2008
    omg fer real! i love that episode!

xeneize_

[31]May 24, 2008
    • level: 1
    LadyHeather1 wrote:

I hated the "Field where I lay dying". Just irritates me.

Lady Heather

surekill ..

alpha

but I really, really hated whale's songs at existence ... big time .. I saw it last week and I zapping that scene ... no questios about the new character's lack of emphatism with the viewers

since I'm a shipper what is left woks enough for me

Piper_freeze

[32]May 25, 2008
    • level: 19
    You're certainly right about Surekill. I think it was SO boring and senseless... Anyone has a different opinion on it?

torn_and_frayed

[33]May 25, 2008
    • level: 5

THE FIELD WHERE I DIED was completely pointless + actually left me proper confused - does anyone actually fully understand what was going on there? + TESO DOS BICHOS was a bit lame.

ok totally agree HOME was permanent emotional scaring material but you've got to admit it was a good one.

C_J_B_Spender

[34]May 25, 2008
    torn_and_frayed wrote:

ok totally agree HOME was permanent emotional scaring material but you've got to admit it was a good one.

Maybe I don't have emotions that can be scarred, or something? Home never did anything of the sort to me. I thought it was a great episode.

Mlebaron

[35]May 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    Having watched each season 3-4 times, I have to say that the only episodes I actually consider skipping are Space and Ghost in the Machine.

Fearful Symmetry is up there, and overall season 8-9 have weaker eps, but those two are my least favorite.

HolyPrincess

[36]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 9

Badlaa

Aventina

[37]Jun 2, 2008

You know, John Shiban's episodes keep coming up here (Badlaa, Teso, El Mundo, etc). There was a time when everyone hated his episodes and came to dread them. They had a pretty nasty nickname for him. But since I've been reading reviews and articles, I think it's mostly CC's fault.

In Badlaa, Shiban's idea was that the man shrank and crawled into people's ears. Still weird, but not gross. CC suggested the whole butt genie thing. Thanks for that imagery, Chris.

In Teso dos Bichos, Shiban wanted it to be the real spirit of the panther. It was CC who thought house cats would be scarier. How stupid was that? Plus we all know now that GA was allergic to the cats and actually fought against a puppet with rabbit fur on it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

In El Mundo Gira, Shiban's original idea was the crazy-growing mold. That part of the story is totally cool - that everything he touches grows the mold. It was CC who decided migrant workers had to be included, and thus the whole soap opera aspect with Spanish accents was born.

And it was CC who wrote Space. Seems like most of the clunkers belong to him.

Aven

C_J_B_Spender

[38]Jun 2, 2008
    Aventina wrote:

You know, John Shiban's episodes keep coming up here (Badlaa, Teso, El Mundo, etc). There was a time when everyone hated his episodes and came to dread them. They had a pretty nasty nickname for him. But since I've been reading reviews and articles, I think it's mostly CC's fault.

In Badlaa, Shiban's idea was that the man shrank and crawled into people's ears. Still weird, but not gross. CC suggested the whole butt genie thing. Thanks for that imagery, Chris.

In Teso dos Bichos, Shiban wanted it to be the real spirit of the panther. It was CC who thought house cats would be scarier. How stupid was that? Plus we all know now that GA was allergic to the cats and actually fought against a puppet with rabbit fur on it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

In El Mundo Gira, Shiban's original idea was the crazy-growing mold. That part of the story is totally cool - that everything he touches grows the mold. It was CC who decided migrant workers had to be included, and thus the whole soap opera aspect with Spanish accents was born.

Aven

Word. I can live with El Mundo Gira, simply based on the awesome possibly extraterrestrial super-mold. It is interesting enough that I can ignore the fact that the mold's growing on top of a soap opera.

xloverin

[39]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 16
    Aventina wrote:

Aven

Can you mention some sources?

Aventina

[40]Jun 3, 2008

>>Can you mention some sources?

I've read things in a number of places, and I can't remember every single one of them, but the Cherish the Past site has a lot of off-set info about individual episodes and quotes from articles. When the shows first ran, people had access to original scripts and the X-Files official website/magazine had tons of info.

http://cleigh6.tripod.com/CTP/cherish.html

It's not something I noticed right away - more over time. It's almost like John Shiban was saying things in interviews and DVD commentaries to let people know that all the stupidity didn't come from him. He took a LOT of heat in the 90s when the show was first on, and I bet it drove him crazy. But he wrote some outstanding episodes (Pine Bluff Variant, All Souls, Elegy) that show he had some really good ideas and could put together a good script.

Aven

ETA: Here's another place with quotes from script writers. You'd have to comb through them pretty closely: http://www.geocities.com/earl20xx/XFiles.html

Edited on 06/03/2008 6:28am
    Edited 2 total times.