The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

What episode of the X-Files could you have done without?

xloverin

[41]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 16
    The articles sound very 'in' like the girl who wrote that was a member of the crew. Even if they're right, I'm standing behind Carter, cause without his creation of Mulder & Scully, Shiban wouldn't done nothing. Everyone has good & bad days for writing an episode and I guess Chris has a lot great episodes behind him (f.e PMP, How the Ghost stole christmas, piper maru etc.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Aventina

[42]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 5
    xloverin wrote:
    The articles sound very 'in' like the girl who wrote that was a member of the crew. Even if they're right, I'm standing behind Carter, cause without his creation of Mulder & Scully, Shiban wouldn't done nothing. Everyone has good & bad days for writing an episode and I guess Chris has a lot great episodes behind him (f.e PMP, How the Ghost stole christmas, piper maru etc.)

PMP is on my top five list, too. I think he's a creative genius. What I like most is that he fought to have GA play Scully (the producers and the network wanted someone blonde and with bigger breasts *eye roll*). He also had the good sense to keep M&S out of the sack until the last possible moment, which kept the series alive. But I also think he wrote some real stinkers and made some bizarre choices along the way. I guess my real point is that John Shiban got a bad reputation that he probably didn't deserve.

Did you know it was his baby that played William in Essence? He was only two weeks old.

akaisling

[43]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 17
    Yes I knew that. What a cute baby. Thank you for all that Aventina.
    Thank God Chris did that. Imagine Scully being blonde...No thank you. Although it is hard now to imagine anyone but GA playing Scully.

I agree every writer had their good and bad days but Shiban did seem to get a bad reputation which he shouldn't have. He did write good episodes and those seem to be passed over while the light is put on his not so great episodes.

LadyInque

[44]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 24

Sanguinarium (Nonsense)

Fight Club (Stupid)

Teso dos Bichos (Hate the scrip-bad cats?!?!?!)

goldtop2007

[45]Aug 14, 2009
    • level: 14
    The mexican goat sucker ep, the one with the attacking herds of cats,
    the one with the Cher music and the "elephant boy" Not bad though, considering there was 9 seasons

fullhans1

[46]Aug 14, 2009
    • level: 4
    I really don't like "The field where I died".

Writer203

[47]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    I actually could have done without a good portion of season 8 and all of season 9. The X-Files without Mulder? Bleck. Not to mention Dogget really got on my nerves. He never seemed to understand that Mulder and Scully were WAY more than partners. Ugh. He was such a jerk. Reyes I had no problem with, besides being naiive-ly and annoyingly persistent in "Empedocles". Just...it didn't have the great X-Files feel the other seaons had and the mythology became far too confusing for me.

gocanic

[49]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 3

I don´t mind Dogget but I hated Diana for obvous reasons (I´m a shipper). I could have done without The End , The Beginning, Two Fathers, One Son. In the mytharc Mulder and Scully always seemed to be at odds with each other but at least they worked together as a team. In those four episodes they seemed to be fighting at all times. It angered me that Mulder would go off running with Diana and believed almost without question everything she said. I don´t blame Mulder completely becuase Scully should have been more open minded by then.

fullhans1

[50]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 4
    gocanic wrote:

I don´t mind Dogget but I hated Diana for obvous reasons (I´m a shipper). I could have done without The End , The Beginning, Two Fathers, One Son. In the mytharc Mulder and Scully always seemed to be at odds with each other but at least they worked together as a team. In those four episodes they seemed to be fighting at all times. It angered me that Mulder would go off running with Diana and believed almost without question everything she said. I don´t blame Mulder completely becuase Scully should have been more open minded by then.

"The End" was a good episode in my opinion. But "The Beginning" is really frustrationg, mainly because it ignores the whole character developpment from the movie. The problem with the Fowley-character is in my opinion, that she was bad written and, in a way, underused. I mean, except for the mytharc episodes Fowley was never around. And that Mulder seems to trust Fowley more tha Scully is just not ridicolous. He was together with her for maybe 2 years and has been working with Scully together for 6 years at that time. The writers really messed up there.

DinkaMailer

[51]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 17

Hmmm.... let's see: 'Teliko' was really annoying...

(and I could do without most of season 9)

cre8trix

[52]Sep 5, 2009
    • level: 2
    Space

GenderBender

3!! OMG, I hated 3!

I might get things thrown at me for this, but I hated Home. Creepy, yes. Cute M/S banter? Check. Entirely too disgusting to watch, abosolutely.

Sanguinarium

Sunshine Days. Seriously - wtf?

cre8trix

[53]Sep 5, 2009
    DinkaMailer wrote:

Hmmm.... let's see: 'Teliko' was really annoying...

(and I could do without most of season 9)

Yeah, that did nothing for me. Same with Teso dos bichos & fight clu, but I just found them not up to par, as opposed to downright unpleasant... Sunshine days really belongs in this catagory, too, I guess.

Aventina

[54]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 5

Sunshine Days was excellent if you're of a certain age...

cre8trix

[55]Sep 11, 2009
    Yeah, but I think I *am* of that certain age. I certainly grew up watching the Bradys. Maybe I should give it another go, but I really have never liked it... at all.

tvtome_xena321

[56]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 27
    Space, 3, Hungry and The Field Where I died.

gambyx716

[58]Sep 23, 2009
    fullhans1 wrote:
    I really don't like "The field where I died".

i actually liked the field where i died. the only thing i didn't like or that didn't fit was that they said souls were always reincarnated together and that Mulder and Scully's souls were always friends but never lovers.

Piper_freeze

[59]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 19
    Did they say they were never lovers? No.. I think they only said that they were friends and relatives in the last few lives. So, that's alright with me.

gambyx716

[60]Sep 24, 2009
    they made it seem like in every lifetime souls were always together and played in the same role in each lifetime.