The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

What episode of the X-Files could you have done without?

btwin92

[62]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 1
    There are no episodes that I hate, I love them all to death. But I think Space was kind of dumb. It pains me to say this because my two favorite things in life are The X-Files and NASA. So I thought, "Hey, they're merging the two together!!!! Awesome!" But when the episode was over, I was extremely sadden by it. It was just...lacking in substance. I feel like hardly anything even happened. As much as it pains me to criticize and episode, I have to say, I was not as satisfied as I thought I would be at the end.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

solman666

[63]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 5
    there is a couple of off episodes in season one and season nine but the worst episode for me is the rain king is boring and to have an episode of love wich is not about a main charicter is stupid this the x-files not some fruit nut show,

shawnee14

[64]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 2
    i always thought the underlying plot was about the mulder/scully romance. when scully says to sheila: "Well, it seems to me that the best relationships-- the ones that last-- are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with." i figured she was alluding to herself and mulder. maybe subconsciously...but still. the episode has little things like that through the whole thing.

i never like the one where rats crawl out of the toilet. i can't remember the name of the epi...but it freaked me out.

btwin92

[65]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 1
    I believe that episode was Teso Dos Bichos. The 18th episode in season 3.
    Edited on 01/09/2010 9:55am

gambyx716

[66]Jan 10, 2010
    • level: 9
    shawnee14 wrote:
    i always thought the underlying plot was about the mulder/scully romance. when scully says to sheila: "Well, it seems to me that the best relationships-- the ones that last-- are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with." i figured she was alluding to herself and mulder. maybe subconsciously...but still. the episode has little things like that through the whole thing.

i never like the one where rats crawl out of the toilet. i can't remember the name of the epi...but it freaked me out.

yea that's what i thought the point was also. I actually liked that episode, it doesn't add anything to the mythology but it's funny and cute and a break from the drama

overmatik

[67]Feb 18, 2010
    • level: 4

I am surprised that nobody mentioned "The Post-Modern Prometheus". I mean, that black and white thing is annoying, the plot is too confusing and the interpretations are artificial. It doesn´t work as an X-file episode at all. And that final scene totally broke Mulder and Scully´s character. Too good they didn´t kiss each other because it would have been like a Mad About You scene!

And by the way, that guy raped tat woman after all!!!

gambyx716

[68]Feb 18, 2010
    overmatik wrote:

I am surprised that nobody mentioned "The Post-Modern Prometheus". I mean, that black and white thing is annoying, the plot is too confusing and the interpretations are artificial. It doesn´t work as an X-file episode at all. And that final scene totally broke Mulder and Scully´s character. Too good they didn´t kiss each other because it would have been like a Mad About You scene!

I LOVED Post Modern Prometheus!!!! I thought it was funny and a break from the mythology. I thought Mulder and Scully were so cute and I loved the Cher theme.

mojanuary

[69]Feb 18, 2010
    • level: 12
    gambyx716 wrote:
    overmatik wrote:

I LOVED Post Modern Prometheus!!!! I thought it was funny and a break from the mythology. I thought Mulder and Scully were so cute and I loved the Cher theme.

It's definitely one of my favourites now although I hated it when I watched it on tv long time ago. It was somehow hard to make myself watch closely (because of black/white thing) so you could understand what is going on I don't think the dance in the end was out of the character, it can't hurt to have a little moment of noncommittal fun, they are supposed to be humans

gambyx716

[70]Feb 18, 2010
    mojanuary wrote:
    gambyx716 wrote:
    overmatik wrote:

It's definitely one of my favourites now although I hated it when I watched it on tv long time ago. It was somehow hard to make myself watch closely (because of black/white thing) so you could understand what is going on I don't think the dance in the end was out of the character, it can't hurt to have a little moment of noncommittal fun, they are supposed to be humans
    Hahaha yes the first time I saw it I thought my tv was broken and I had to go to a couple different channels to figure out that it was just that channel, and even then I thought the channel was messing up.

blackmage8472

[71]Feb 19, 2010
    • level: 15
    A lot of season 9 wasn't worth it. Especially the episode Improbable, the one with Burt Reynolds... I thought that was just stupid.

overmatik

[72]Feb 23, 2010

:

1st of all, I was never convinced that Mulder was really a human being... x) Well, maybe with time I´ll get to enjoy this episode, the problem is that I´m a convicted No-romo... But on the other hand there were funny moments in season 5 which I though were much better developed, like in Chinga, when Mulder was so funny and Bad Blood.

alias571

[73]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 18

Can someone please tell me what's so bad aboutThe Field Where I Died? I saw it last night and I really liked it.
    Might be a little harsh on MSR fans, but apart from that I can't see anything wrong with the episode. It was beautifully written and acted, imo.

mojanuary

[74]Feb 27, 2010
    I don't think it's that bad either, well, Mulder found his soulmate, so what? We all know how things turned out eventually

CelticKym

[75]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 6

I could do without Fearful Symmetry and Salvage. Oh, and Syzygy.

overmatik

[76]Mar 28, 2010
    I'll have to add another one to my list that I re-watched recently: Monday. By the 3rd time they got back to Mulder's apartment I literally changed the channel.

The opening scene was so cheap, who would believe that Mulder and Scully would die???? I felt they were playing with my intelligence.

mojanuary

[77]Mar 28, 2010
    But wasn't it interesting to see how they are going to solve it - they showed the building exploding with them inside, so what's next, how will they make things good again as we know that M&S can't just die??

Kinda like when I was 100% sure that they will clear things up after the teaser of All things and it will appear that nooo, of course they haven't slept together, it was just shown that way to trick us! Boy, was I wrong

overmatik

[78]Mar 29, 2010

mojanuary wrote:
    But wasn't it interesting to see how they are going to solve it - they showed the building exploding with them inside, so what's next, how will they make things good again as we know that M&S can't just die??

Yes, at first I wanted to know what really happened. But then they just kept repeating and repeating. The thing is, I don´t like these kind of stories that are based on messing up with time, no wonder why I hate "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"...

Sugarplumeferry

[79]Apr 22, 2010
    • level: 2

Space (convoluted plot that was never very interesting to begin with) and Teso dos Bichos (whose idea was this anyway?) are by far the worst episodes. I can't say I'm fond of Shapes, either - too cliched.

Writer203

[80]May 2, 2010

I didn't mind "Space" that much. It was dry, but many first season episodes were dry. Besides most of seasons 8 and 9 ("Hellbound" gave me nightmares for a week when I was 11), I pretty much loved all the other episodes. However, if I were to choose, I'd probably go with:

1) "3": I understood the need for an episode in between "Ascension" and "One Breath", but the sidequest romance for Mulder was not carried out well and completely unnecessary.

2) "Travellers": Personally, I'm not a big fan of the flashback episodes. I was more interested in what was going on in the present than what went on in the past. Ditto with "Unusual Suspects", but that was amusing.

3) "Chimera": While I was glad the episode is set in my homestate (it is NOT that green in early April), the plot was very soap-opera-ish. Not a usual X-File feel.

4) "Sanguinarium": For a MOW episode, it failed to really capture my attention, and it was kind of gross.

5) "Chinga": for an episode written by Stephen King, it wasn't very frightening. Though that doll could be the brunnette twin to a doll my sister had when we were kids....

6)"F. Emasculata": Really, really, really gross. The plot was good, but it turned my stomach.

7) Anything with Diana Fowley in it. Even if I wasn't a shipper, I think I would hate her just for being so slimy.

8 )"Monday": Way too repetitive.

9)"Ghost in the Machine": Meh.

Edited on 05/02/2010 1:09am