The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

What episode of the X-Files could you have done without?

Sugarplumeferry

[81]May 12, 2010
    • level: 2

I think "3" is a bit underrated - of course the vampire story has been done to death but at least this episode offered a new spin on it with the "unholy trinity" and Mulder having to protect Kristen (who on an unrelated note, was pretty hot). The episode had a good ambiance overall and I liked the house it was filmed in (was this set re-used in "Sanguinarium"?).

While it's not among my "worst" episodes, I never really caught onto "The Field Where I Died." The guest acting was superb but the storyline itself and Mulder's hypnosis scene which dragged on ad nauseum just didn't do it for me.

Writer203 wrote:

5) "Chinga": for an episode written by Stephen King, it wasn't very frightening.

Say what you want but as when I watched this as a kid that doll freaked me the hell out! Especially the opening scene.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Writer203

[82]May 15, 2010
    • level: 9
    Sugarplumeferry wrote:

Writer203 wrote:

5) "Chinga": for an episode written by Stephen King, it wasn't very frightening.

Say what you want but as when I watched this as a kid that doll freaked me the hell out! Especially the opening scene.

Maybe I've just watched it too many times. Come to think of it, it freaked me out when I was a kid, too. But only because my sister had a doll that could have been a dead ringer for the doll in the episode, just different colored hair and eyes.

sephmerrittx

[83]May 21, 2010
    • level: 8
    The absolute worst episode for me was "The Truth" because it completely contradicted everything we know in the series, most of it took place in a room, and none of the events of the episode actually mattered except for the end where they escape. I mean c'mon if there's an alien as your judge of course you're going to be convicted. It was all a big farce and really just an excuse for a clip show.

Emmma

[84]Jun 4, 2010
    I really didn't like Fight Club, I thought the story could have been alot better. I thought the music was a bit off as well, usually it is spot on for the scene, but they were playing creepy, scary music when Scully was talking to that twin in prison, when it wasn't a nail biting scene at all

Piper_freeze

[85]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 19
    I have to agree. That episode is pretty bad. Everything in it is so far fetched. The only episode that's even worse than that is "Space". SO SO boring. LOL...

Sugarplumeferry

[86]Jun 19, 2010
    "Space" is terrible, yes, but I may go as far as to rank "Teso Dos Bichos" even lower (if that's possible).

angryassdrummer

[87]Dec 14, 2010

there were one or two episodes per season i didnt feel were up to the rest..but thats still a pretty good record compared to most shows. even the lame shows are not as bad as good ones from other sci fi/horror/thriller shows.

When i do marathons there are a few which i get bored watching again, like Space ( ofcourse)but watching them the first time when they originally aired i liked them all.

DebraMcClure

[88]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 17

The Episode which featured the in-bred/genetically mutated family ( I should look up the title - I have the Ep Guide for the first 3 Seasons which appeared in Entertainment Weekly).In my opinionit was the most disturbing and impossible to look at episode which aired, and for the X-Files, that's saying something. I mean they kept their mother in a box under the bed! I can't even remember the storyline - just that it occasionally haunts me even to this day.

Edited on 12/15/2010 4:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.

angryassdrummer

[89]Dec 16, 2010

i dont understand why people find HOME so disturbing, its a rip off Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. so its nothing new. i thought it was fun and a decent episode but nothing horrific..quite cheesy really

SpookyJappi

[90]Dec 16, 2010

The episode called "Trevor"... I mean there are even worse episodes, like "Fight club", but they are so bad that at least you will remember them for being bad. "Trevor" is so forgettable... and so... MEH! It's the maximum "filler" episode.

ChipsTheButler

[91]Dec 20, 2010
    DebraMcClure wrote:

The Episode which featured the in-bred/genetically mutated family ( I should look up the title - I have the Ep Guide for the first 3 Seasons which appeared in Entertainment Weekly).In my opinionit was the most disturbing and impossible to look at episode which aired, and for the X-Files, that's saying something. I mean they kept their mother in a box under the bed! I can't even remember the storyline - just that it occasionally haunts me even to this day.

My goodness, could you have the writing overlap more?

nostalgiafan1

[92]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 10

Fight Club was horrible, in my opinion. Among the ones I didn't enjoy: Teso Dos Bichos, The List, and Amor Fati. I haven't gotten through all the seasons yet (just finished season 7), but I can tell that this is where the show started to go downhill. It's depressing almost, really. I started to notice in the 7th season that Mulder and Scully started to have less scenes with eachother, too.

heytiger93

[93]Feb 19, 2011
    Any ep that too heavily focused on dogget and reyes was not a valid ep of the x files as far as I'm concerned, so yeah any ep like that, I want to start crying when I think about it actually.

Frankburnsflagg

[94]Feb 21, 2011
    • level: 13
    sephmerrittx wrote:
    The absolute worst episode for me was "The Truth" because it completely contradicted everything we know in the series, most of it took place in a room, and none of the events of the episode actually mattered except for the end where they escape. I mean c'mon if there's an alien as your judge of course you're going to be convicted. It was all a big farce and really just an excuse for a clip show.

Yea it did, but I still enjoyed it for what it was worth. Flaws and all.

And speaking of eps I wish weren't made, the Sixth Extinction comes to mind. Don't mind the second ep, but that scene with Mulder and Diana Fowley in bed makes me want to hurl O_o.

Elizabeth_I

[95]Apr 14, 2011
    "Field where I lay dying"
    "Drive"
    "Space"

there are many annoying episodes among interesting ones

C_J_B_Spender

[96]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 7

Elizabeth_I wrote:
    "Field where I lay dying" "Drive" "Space" there are many annoying episodes among interesting ones

"The Field Where I Died" is very anti-shippy. Is there anything else wrong with it?

I kind of liked "Drive."

"Space" was weird in a non-as-good-as-you-expect-from-the-X-Files sense, but there was some interesting character development and development in the partnership between everybody's favorite FBI agents.

vicbjones

[97]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 12

"Teso Dos Bichos" is one of my favorite episodes, especially because it's the cats that are the killers rather than a spirit or some sort of mummy, which is what you would expect.

Episodes I Could Do Without:

"Fight Club"

"The Rain King"

"First Person Shooter"

Telekinesis429

[98]Jun 18, 2011

I've only seen the first four seasons. (I'm watching the fifth season now, but I won't count that until I've finished).

1. Ice - boring and unoriginal.

2. Space - Worse X-Files episode ever.

3. Sleepless - I don't what it was about it specifically, but I actually fell asleep I was so uniterested in this one.

4. Firewalker - Just a re-hash of Ice.

5. Teso Dos Bechos - Cats...? Really...?

6. Hell Money - SO boring.

7. The Field Where I Died - Just did nothing for me.

8. Musing of a Cigarette Smoking Man - Really cliche. And then at the end it leads you to believe that the whole story was just made up and none of it was even true. What was the whole point of the episode then...?

ChipsTheButler

[99]Jun 25, 2011
    Telekinesis429 wrote:

8. Musing of a Cigarette Smoking Man - Really cliche. And then at the end it leads you to believe that the whole story was just made up and none of it was even true. What was the whole point of the episode then...?

Character growth.

Telekinesis429

[100]Jun 27, 2011

ChipsTheButler wrote:
    Telekinesis429 wrote:

Character growth.

I could have done without it. They could have easilydone an episode that actually meant something and still had character growth... I just didn't like it.