The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Who wanted to be an FBI Agent thanks to The X-Files?

ultimate-tv-fan

[1]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 5

Yeah! sounds funny but it's true. I was 6 years-old when I got hooked on the show, and I loved it!!! I mean I didn't understand the conspiracy part very much back then but I loved it (I still do now!). So I grew up watching the show and basically I saw Mulder and Scully as role models. I used to tell my mother that I wanted to be an FBI Agent or a Forensic doctor like Scully hahaha now tell me how hillarious is that!!! I was so naive!

Now I still watch the re-runs and love every minute of it yeah I'm a big fan.

Am I the only one who thought about that? or was I the only silly one?

At least it's a funny story, what do you think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Scifinerdd10

[2]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    omg no!!! my story is almost the same as yours! i was like 5ish when i started watching it (waaay too young lol) but scully was my role model and i wanted to be in the FBI like mulder and scully. and now im in college and i havent picked a major yet but im leaning toward forensic science. thanks xfiles!!!

renthead89

[3]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    Not gonna lie, I wanted to go into forensic science for a while because of XF and Bones, but then I remembered that I am terrible at all science lol. My friend is seriously considering becoming a psychologist and going into profiling though and I know it's partially because of XF and Mulder even though she won't admit it.

xloverin

[4]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 16
    There is no such thing in here like FBI, we have something like CIA (or at least the names are similar :-D ) but I never thought of my life like this. But yeah, I was influenced by the x files. Guess by who ;-)
    (For those who don't shout 'Lone Gunmen', I'm studying computer science ;-) )

akaisling

[5]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 17
    LONE GUNMEN!!!

I thought it would be cool if you were an FBI agent but I never wanted to be one. Not even after seeing how cool it was on The X-Files. I was once interested in doing Forensic Pathology but my science skills suck.

xloverin

[6]Oct 11, 2008
    Ais, you can tell people that you were inspired by Leyla Harrison ;-)

akaisling

[7]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 17
    OMG!!! I never thought of that. HELL Yeah!!! Accountants rule!!!

ultimate-tv-fan

[8]Oct 11, 2008

Yeah I sucked in science too!!!, I mean I wanted to be a biologist ( the closest thing I could get) but I was so bad at maths, I guess I like the morbid stuff, like the museums that have the babys on a jar, or weird stuff like that. But now I'm doing something else ( studying History).

I guess it was just a dream......

wittyscreenname

[9]Oct 11, 2008
    akaisling wrote:
    LONE GUNMEN!!!

I thought it would be cool if you were an FBI agent but I never wanted to be one. Not even after seeing how cool it was on The X-Files. I was once interested in doing Forensic Pathology but my science skills suck.

My science skillz aren't so hot, either, except for in Anatomy and Physiology, but I'm still leaning towards the forensic pathology route... LOL Ais and Dana! Inspired by Leyla Harrison...

OnePerCentClub

[10]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 35
    Me too! I wanted to be an FBI because of this show. I love science but I love psychology more.
    You guys are so young! I was 15 when the show came out and you were only babies.
    I wanted to be an investigator ever since I saw MacGyver. But watching both shows has helped, I do a lot of investigation in at work, in a different way of course

Niniane

[11]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 9

Hell yeah!

When I was 15, I was pretty sure I`ll be an FBI agent - I successfully avoided real facts like: a) you live in freking CROATIA, girl!, b) you are a KID!.

I wanted to be FBI agent or work in forensics, or be a private detectiv, anything that would include investigations. I even considered seriously (well, for a very brief period, but still... ) to go in police school.

And in the end, I ended up as a psychologist - well, it does have something to do with XF, I believe, not everything, but still... Guess that learning about human mind was more acceptable then cutting open human bodies.

But I still consider the possibility of getting a job in military or police. Doubt I will, but the intention exists

ultimate-tv-fan

[12]Oct 18, 2008
    Niniane wrote:

Hell yeah!

When I was 15, I was pretty sure I`ll be an FBI agent - I successfully avoided real facts like: a) you live in freking CROATIA, girl!, b) you are a KID!.

I wanted to be FBI agent or work in forensics, or be a private detectiv, anything that would include investigations.

ME TOO!! I mean it was either FBI agent or vampire slayer ( for Buffy) hahahha but the real world struck me fast!!!!!

a) I live in freaking ARGENTINA, a "3rd world country" in which of course there aren't lots of superheroes so I thought I could borrow one!

but it was nice to imagine all those thing... or borrow them from the TV and pretend that were mine!!! how naive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

ultimate-tv-fan

[13]Oct 18, 2008
    I mean it's hard enough to find a good job!!!! but it's harder to find an honest politician

Pennfana

[14]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 6

Well, I've given some thought to applying to work for CSIS if teaching doesn't work out, but I probably would have thought of it even if I hadn't been an X-Files fan. Who knows, though—maybe the X-Files gave me a minor push in that direction.

darkbunni

[15]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 6

I wanted to be an FBI agent! which kinda sucks since I live in England

being a forensic pathologist looks like way too much hard work though. I know someone who is, but I don't know her well enough to ask about it.

wittyscreenname

[16]Oct 19, 2008
    Pennfana wrote:

Well, I've given some thought to applying to work for CSIS if teaching doesn't work out, but I probably would have thought of it even if I hadn't been an X-Files fan. Who knows, though-maybe the X-Files gave me a minor push in that direction.

Haha same--there was a CSIS recruitment booth at my university last week and I was all "Hmmm...I could do that..."

KingofIPirates

[17]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 32
    X-files probably deterred be from joining the FBI.

milagro93

[18]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 1
    Lol, I'd love to be an FBI agent. Shame I'm Scottish .

(although, to be honest I think I just want to be Scully...)

EO_Forever

[19]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 10
    ^Haha I totally agree. I looked at the title and was like, wanted...as is in past tense? I live in the US so I suppose it's possible, but I doubt they'd want me lol.

Piper_freeze

[20]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 19
    I could try it, too but who wants an FBI agent that needs 10 minutes to recover after she climbed up 4 floors to her apartment? Plus, I'm too soft-hearted. I'd tell the bad guys 'If you promise you'll never do that again you can go home'. Last but not least: Red hair looks terrible on me!