The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Wow..In 1 week it will be 7 years since the greatest show ever has ended.

hbktimf24

[1]May 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    JStarted watching all the episodes yet again in order. Just finished "Never Again" in season 4. Im wondering, why not have a spinoff based on the xfiles. I mean, just stuff they could do would be endless.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DrTrish197

[2]May 12, 2009
    • level: 18
    i started my marathon a couple of weeks ago... im on firewalker season 2.....

i dont think a spinoff would be good... just leave it alone with the movies and that's all..... XF without Mulder and Scully is not XF....

Piper_freeze

[3]May 12, 2009
    • level: 19
    Seven years.. good lord. It's so sad. On the other hand, I'm proud that TXF is still alive and will always be because it is definitely more than a show. With the spin-off, I don't know.. Lone Gunmen was fab but like Trish said they should concentrate on (the) new movie(s) because imo Mulder and Scully really are the center of it all.

Aventina

[5]May 13, 2009
    • level: 5
    I think there are a lot of shows out there right now that are trying to cash in on the X-Files formula - things like Fringe and The Mentalist, and a few others.

The X-Files wasn't just a great show; it was also a product of its time. Everything to do with aliens and conspiracy runs in cycles over time, depending on the mood of the country (conspiracy post WWII, exploration in the 1960s, etc). The early 90s saw the world in a state of flux with the fall of the Berlin wall and glasnost and the end of the Soviet Union. The world was looking for a new enemy (this was actually touched on in Musings...) and Chris Carter found it. In a post 9-11 world the psyche of America had changed and some of the themes of the X-Files had lost their more popular appeal.

We were so lucky to have it, and thank goodness for DVD and the internet.

OnePerCentClub

[6]May 18, 2009
    • level: 35

Seven years and I haven't gotten over it

I don't see how Fringe is compared to the XF unless it's because the whole conspiracy thing. But to be honest, becoming a fan of Eleventh Hour made me realize that it has more similarities to the XF than Fringe, beginning with the couple. It may not be about aliens or mutants, but the show deals with a lot of science and the characters have similar backgrounds as Mulder and Scully and their chemistry is just amazing (and we realize that 95% of the fans are also XF fans so, go figure). Even the creator of EH (Stephen Gallagher) was born on October 13th I can't wait to see what's next for them.

And you're Aventina, we're so lucky.

Edited on 05/18/2009 10:49am