The X-Files Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

XF3 Campaign

DrTrish197

[1]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 18

Hey guys, okay, so I don't know how many of you here knew about the book signing yesterday at Barnes and Nobles in LA, or if you were able to attend. Well, we had some of our reps from Skypephiles there and some people from Big Light as well, and they got tons of pics and someone taped it. Here's what XFN has so far on it.

XFN LA Book Signing

So here's why I'm posting this. Chris was there and he mentioned that writing letters to FOX helped them get XF2 on the way so he said XF3 is not a definite but most likely happening and wants us to help get FOX on board. I say hells yeah, we're on it! So we are planning something at XFN and Skypephiles and as soon as I know more info, I'll post here. Feel free to pass it along to other forums you belong to and as many people as you can.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

The-1337

[2]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 4
    I can't wait until official word from Fox. Until then, I'll send a letter.

mrsKrycek

[3]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 3
    we can all pray for season 10

DrTrish197

[4]Apr 27, 2009

Ok you guys!!! I gots some info about the campaign!!!! Here we go!!!! Let's make this happen!!!!!!!! And please, if you belong to any other communities out there, or forums, or anything, please post this info there too.... If you have any questions, you are more than welcome to contact me. Thanks everyone!!!

Taking note of Chris Carter's suggestion at the Barnes&Noble book signing last week to write letters to FOX and with the support of the previous "Create The Future" campaign, XFN is officially announcing its partnership with Inspired by Gillian, The Skype Files, EsX, The X-Files.Ru, Back to Frank Black, Beyond the Sea, The X-Files Fan Club Venezuela, The X-Files Colombia, XFU and our friends from "Create the Future" to organize the troops and call in all efforts for the ultimate goal, getting FOX to green light a third "X-Files" feature film (other websites, fan clubs and "X-File" communities are in the process of being confirmed).

In honor of the campaign that came before this and 2008's "The X-Files: I Want to Believe" this new campaign has been titled, "Believe in the Future."

Are you a believer?

Join us as we work to ensure "The X-Files" viability as a feature film release once more. We feel there is still at least one more big story to be told and we are asking for your help to come together as a Fandom and prove that your voice can matter again.

Each and every one of you were instrumental in securing the release of a second film and it will take you all to secure the release of a third.

XFN is putting out an open invitation for all "X-Files" related websites, fan clubs and local fan groups to voice their desire to be part of this campaign. We also welcome individuals who think they can help in their local communities. All interested parties should contact XFN's Avi Quijada and Tiffany Devol at n xfn1013@gmail.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

This campaign will be in three stages. Today's announcement is for stage one with stages two and three to follow shortly.

Stage One: World Wide Postcard Project

Stage one of "Believe in the Future" will be a worldwide postcard project. Instead of letters, we are asking for your help in bombarding FOX with postcards from around the world in addition to pre made postcards by IBG and XFN.

The IBG/XFN cards are still in development and will be unveiled soon!

We are also in the process of setting up regional liaisons who will be responsible for collecting postcards in their respective regions and then forwarding to XFN. If you are interested in becoming a regional liaison, please send an email to n xfn1013@gmail.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Stage two of this project will be a viral video project. More information on this will come soon but we are asking for all vidders to take part.

"Believe in the Future" will culminate in the personal delivery of post cards to FOX in November of this year. (Other items to be delivered include several pounds of custom ordered green M&Ms with XF3 on each side and a note asking for FOX to Green Light a third film)

So again we ask, what else do you have to do until Frankenbear arrives?

Join us in picking up that pen and making it happen!

Are you a believer?

Piper_freeze

[5]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 19
    I read it, too on XFN! I am SO aboard! So the next step would be buying a postcard (or 20!! lol) and then wait for a) the premade postcards and b) the adresses for our regions.

I love XFN for doing this! And I think everyone should be aboard (or they are just no real Philes)!

DrTrish197

[6]Apr 28, 2009
    yes!!! We are awaiting to assign region liaisons and then we'll get out addresses so you guys can send postcards to your region..... as soon as i get that info, i will let you know, but go ahead and start writing those postcards!!!! woooo hooooo

now, just out of curiosity, is there anyone here who lives in the canadian east coast? i'm in toronto and was just curious if there's any members out here......

much X to you all!

DrTrish197

[7]Apr 29, 2009
    ZOMG u guys i just had the coolest idea..... i was asking tiff about the green m&m's to see if we could get those for ourselves too to keep them as memento of our so cool campaign and then i thought darn theyre gonna melt we need something better, so i was like we should totally turn them into key chains.... we could have custom made xf3 green m&ms key chains!!!!!! how cool would that be????? ima ask tiff is that's possible cause of trademarks or whatever, but what do u guys think?????

Piper_freeze

[8]Apr 29, 2009
    Depends on what they would look like.. but actually I think Tiffany has her hands full of work so..
    DrTrish197 wrote:
    then i thought darn theyre gonna melt

LOL

Aventina

[9]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 5
    DrTrish197 wrote:
    now, just out of curiosity, is there anyone here who lives in the canadian east coast? i'm in toronto and was just curious if there's any members out here......

much X to you all!

Seriously? I live only an hour west of you, just down the 401! I used to live at Dufferin and Davenport!

DrTrish197

[10]Apr 29, 2009
    Aventina wrote:
    DrTrish197 wrote:

much X to you all!

Seriously? I live only an hour west of you, just down the 401! I used to live at Dufferin and Davenport!

woooo hoooo!!! how exciting!!! let me know if you're ever in town and wanna have an XF session!!!!

Piper_freeze

[11]Apr 29, 2009
    Haha, good for the two of you!

I want a real-life-XF-friend, too. I'm stuck with normal people, meh.

DrTrish197

[12]Apr 29, 2009
    Aventina wrote:
    DrTrish197 wrote:

much X to you all!

im at wellesley and sherbourne.... do u ever come to the city?

DrTrish197

[13]Apr 29, 2009
    hey Aventina,

I don't know if you know about the Frankenbear project but I am getting him in October so, if you wanna participate let me know.... It would be cool to have another fan other than just me running around and showing him the city... lmao

Aventina

[14]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 5
    DrTrish197 wrote:
    Aventina wrote:
    DrTrish197 wrote:
    now, just out of curiosity, is there anyone here who lives in the canadian east coast? i'm in toronto and was just curious if there's any members out here...... much X to you all!
    im at wellesley and sherbourne.... do u ever come to the city?
    I do, several times a year for another hobby (non-Xfiles related). Cool. I usually head downtown. I used to teach at Jarvis CI.

Piper_freeze

[15]May 5, 2009
    Here is the lastest news from XFN: http://www.xfilesnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2557f3-army-regional-liasons&catid=25:recent-news&Itemid=106

You'll find the adress where to send your postcards to. Be part of the XF3 army!!

DrTrish197

[16]May 6, 2009
    I was just gonna post that piper... you beat me!!! lol

OnePerCentClub

[17]May 9, 2009
    • level: 35
    I'm so on board!
    This is so cool.
    Bring XF3!

Piper_freeze

[18]May 12, 2009

Everybody, it's time to send your postcards to get XF3! The Philes army has a job to do!

You find the adress for your area HERE (If not for YOUR country, chose the adress that is the nearest to your country.) On every card, you must write that you want XF3 and your name - and it would be good if you put your full adress on at least one of your cards (I don't know why but I just do it. I want XF3!!!)

My advise: Put as many cards as possible into a package/envelope and only put a stamp on the package/envelope, then send it. There is time to do it until end of summer but I hope you all do it now so you don't forget.

Edited on 05/12/2009 10:55am

DrTrish197

[19]May 25, 2009

Hey guys, just wanted to update a little bit on XF3 Campaign.... So phase 2 has been posted on XFN here 's the link.... sounds like it's gonna be all sorts of fun....

And here 's a little taste of what that's all about... I sure was LMAO when I saw it and can't stop watching it!!!!

Piper_freeze

[20]Jun 2, 2009

Here is my new (second) 'Priceless' video for the campaign. ^^

TXF - Priceless 2