The X-Files

Fresh Bones

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 03, 1995 on FOX

7.8
  • Mulder and Scully try to solve the mysterious suicides of soldiers

7.7
    Another episode of "The X-Files," another case that has nothing to do with extraterrestrials or the mytharc, but I really enjoyed this one compared to some of the other ones this season.

The main plot is that a series of soldiers hired to guard refugees are committing suicide, and one of the soldiers believes it to be voodoo. Mulder and Scully investigate a man named Beauvais who is told to be heavily into voodoo. It appears he may be right after strange things beginning happening to Mulder and Scully, especially after Scully begins seeing things that aren't there.

The episode was pretty straightforward with only a few truly shocking moments. I thought it was interesting the way they portrayed voodoo here.. can't say I know much about it, but it certainly lead to some odd moments that kept the show exciting. Also, we got the return of the mysterious government man who we last saw after Scully was abducted and after she returned. His appearance was pretty pointless, but it's nice to know the show is thinking of these characters.

Also, I've enjoyed watching Scully slowly become more of a believer than Mulder. At times, Scully is the one experiencing these things and Mulder is the one skeptical. I'm glad they're fleshing out the characters more.

Overall, not a bad episode though.
DPO