The X-Files

Improbable

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 07, 2002 on FOX

• For Season 9, very uplifting, a surprise in the middle of a downward spiraling season.

I really truly didn't see this one coming. As someone who definitely has gone through the gamut of ups and downs with X-files episodes, this entry really blew me away and surprised me. I thought I had covered all the silly, fun, yet engrossing episodes, and this one blindsided me. I have shy'd away from all of Season 9, other than the finale and nothing important happened today entry.

I mean Burt Reynolds! The second I saw him I had to do a double take. The dialogue in this episode is fantastic; humorous, intelligent, and still a little out there. The numerology plot was totally new to me, I'd never even heard of it before. Burt playing a "number god" so to speak...flawless. I have never much liked Reyes character, but even she had me believing her theories right off the bat. The yin and yang of good and evil swings back and forth perfectly, and this episode shows that even though things were on the way out, Chris Carter still had his heart in it, and wasn't letting up.

I recommend this episode to anyone who hasn't seen it and needs something refreshing. When Doggett has his numerology read to him, he goes "Yeah, but that can describe anybody..."

Its true, but I bet you look yours up after this episode :)