The X-Files

Jump the Shark

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 21, 2002 on FOX

• I can honestly say that no television show has ever made me cry... but this episode of the X-Files did. Never in my life have I felt such a sense of loss as I did when the Lone Gunmen died.

To many this may sound very odd, crazy even, but to me, they were heroes... the only truly decent characters left on T.V. and here they proved it. By making the ultimate sacrifice, by giving their very lives to protect others, they proved that once and for all, heroes still exsist among us... even in the most unlikely of people.

No one would ever suspect that these three humble men would become heroes to us all. They hoped to keep the dream alive, truth, justice and the American way, in this episode they did just that. For me, it was the greatest of losses, bringing me to the point of sobs.

I will love them always and they will be sorely missed. And if there really is no way for FOX to bring them back, I think they met the most fitting of ends.

John Fitzgerald Byers-The Idealist
    Richard Ringo Langly-Computer God
    Melvin Frohike-Man Of Action

My love and admiration for these three characters is so great words cannot express it. Rest in peace guys, you are forever in our hearts.