The X-Files

Our Town

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 12, 1995 on FOX

• Mulder and Scully investigate a town full of cannibals

7.8
    Reading through some of the older reviews, I can't help but 100% agree with the notion that the show, has fun as it may be, rehashes plots over and over and over again. It's tough for a show to remain original over time, but as this is just the second season, I worry that some of the plots may be re-used more and more as the show goes on. That being said, despite this feeling like a re-hash of other episodes, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Mulder and Scully start looking into the mysterious deaths of people at a chicken factory, and as the show goes on, we start learning more and more secrets about the men and women in the town, specifically that they are cannibals who have been killing and eating certain people. The reasoning behind a lot of it is hazy and difficult to decipher, but the impact and imagery of the man in the mask chopping people's heads off was haunting. If "The X-Files" gets anything right, it's certainly the mood of an episode.

As the episode preceding the finale, I was impressed, but I hoped they would start building up the finale a little earlier instead of giving us another stand-alone episode.