The X-Files

Provenance (1)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 03, 2002 on FOX

• A UFO cult has there hands on another scripture-enscribed ship, and they want William next.

Well, at least we're finally doing something with that spacecraft from God idea I never really fell head over heels for. How it's connected to William is a question that begs another: Do we really wanna go this route? Obviously something was up with William's conception and birth, but does need to be something so huge and implausible? Guess we'll see...Good episode though.
  • Pretty decent episode.

Dangerous alien writing – and Scully wonders why they don't take her seriously anymore? That's what doesn't make sense – if they call Scully because they suspect she knows the writing then why not skip that and search the X-Files themselves, took Scully five seconds to get the file, complete with rubbings.

Skinner worries me, in season 9, all he seems to be doing is protecting himself. I'm beginning to think we can't trust him.

Scully's refrain through several episodes has been "He's my baby." Has she even had the DNA checked, has she confirmed she's his mother or what she can find out about the father? Is she afraid of the answers?

Piece of spacecraft heads straight for William and hovers – that's the point when you completely freak out. She gives the baby to the Gunmen?! I wouldn't trust those idiots with my neighbour's cat, never mind a baby!

Yet another 'someone's trying to kill the baby' episode but it was pretty good.
  • Canada Is The New Africa

7.4
    This is little more than a tired recycling of Season Seven's "Sixth Extinction" two-parter. Given that this is the final season, I suppose the producers can be forgiven for cannibalizing a previous mythology episode. After all, there is no use in wasting any energy dreaming up new mythology storylines when the series will be ending in just a few more episodes. Clock in, clock out....

Doggett and Reyes are relegated to peripheral roles as the drama focuses on Scully and her super baby. Doggett doesn't believe anything that is happening and Reyes is again little more than a puddle of estrogen, although we are treated to yet another gratuitous shot of Reyes in her black camisole. Yummy.

It's not really explained how the cult knows that baby William is related to the Canadian spaceship. Nor why Mulder must live in order for baby William to become the savior of all mankind. I'm feeling manipulated and I don't like it.

It's beyond ludicrous that Scully would entrust baby William to the Lone Gunmen at the end of this episode. Like I said, clock in, clock out.....
  • Provenance

Provenance was a perfect episode of The X-Files and I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of significant character and plot development. The story was amazing from start to finish and had just about a little of every thing. The action was awesome, intrigue was interesting and the drama was engaging. I liked how Scully was brought before senior staff to answer questions related to the craft discovered on the west coast of Africa. I liked how every thing played out and the conspiracy was awesome. It was great to see Scully leave William in the care of The Lone Gunman, whom were the only people on earth she trusted other than Mulder for the most part. The way every thing played out was magnificent and I certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!