The X-Files

Provenance (1)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 03, 2002 on FOX

• Canada Is The New Africa

7.4
    This is little more than a tired recycling of Season Seven's "Sixth Extinction" two-parter. Given that this is the final season, I suppose the producers can be forgiven for cannibalizing a previous mythology episode. After all, there is no use in wasting any energy dreaming up new mythology storylines when the series will be ending in just a few more episodes. Clock in, clock out....

Doggett and Reyes are relegated to peripheral roles as the drama focuses on Scully and her super baby. Doggett doesn't believe anything that is happening and Reyes is again little more than a puddle of estrogen, although we are treated to yet another gratuitous shot of Reyes in her black camisole. Yummy.

It's not really explained how the cult knows that baby William is related to the Canadian spaceship. Nor why Mulder must live in order for baby William to become the savior of all mankind. I'm feeling manipulated and I don't like it.

It's beyond ludicrous that Scully would entrust baby William to the Lone Gunmen at the end of this episode. Like I said, clock in, clock out.....