The X-Files

Providence (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 10, 2002 on FOX

• Providence

Providence was a perfect episode of The X-Files and I really enjoyed watching. There was a lot of significant character and plot development along with action, drama and intrigue. The writing was superb and it was awesome watching the events unfold and seeing how things worked out for the various characters. Scully had a lot of progress in regards to her safety along with Baby Williams. I liked the outcome and was very entertained by this episode. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Burn Baby Burn

Ok, so the cult leader wants the head of Mulder to prove that he is dead. Honestly, all he had to ask for was a copy of Duchovny's contract with Fox to prove that Mulder isn't coming back, but I digress...

If Mulder's being dead means that baby William has to die, then why does the cult leader continually state to everyone who will listen that he will protect baby William, even when it he asks for Mulder's head? Maybe he was trying to be ironic and all but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And baby William appears to be made of teflon, or something. Too bad we will never really learn just what the heck this two-parter is trying to set up for the seasons that will never happen. But then, I'm sure Carter and company never really figured it out either.
  • Scully fights FBI corruption to track down William's kidnappers.

Oh, it's a prophecy now? With only half a season to go, that seems like a big chunk of mythology waiting to happen...that won't. But it's quite interesting none the less. And we know at least some of what these cultist say isn't horsecrap, since the kid activated the UFO and survived it's takeoff.
  • Another Episode about Scully's baby, and what is going on with it

7.1
    Well, this was certainly an interesting episode. For one thing , we have Agent Reyes accusing the AWESOME JFB, Frohike and Langley of losing the baby. I'd like to see her put up a fight against a crazy woman who had just made you crash into the wall, and who is carrying a gun. More assumption about Mulders whereabouts in this episode, is he dead, is he alive, is he really the father and whatnot. Quite frankly, this series is nothing without Mulder. At the end of the episode we find out "Toothpick Man" is indeed a "Super-Soldier", and that he seems to be high up in the Government, very high, and most likely a member of a newly formed Syndicate, hopefully it gets addressed! Quite freaky how the baby managed to survive the take-off, but its The X Files, so it aint a shock
  • A more interesting episode about William.

Another psycho prophet – what he calls 'angels' (interestingly dressed in military uniforms), we know are super soldiers. Saw them for a couple of minutes and somehow got a message out of that, gotta love it.

What a lovely child Scully has – he gets upset about being kidnapped and either caused or was indirectly the cause of everyone getting fried when the ship took off, leaving William unscathed. Given his influence over things relating to the ship, this kid may very well be the alien messiah they claim he is.

Brad does seem to be a semi good guy, he was so alarmed by his findings about the agent's death that he wanted his signature taken off the report saying there was no foul play.

A pretty interesting episode.
  • Why fill an episode with questions you'll never answer?

6.8
    Now originally I wanted to rate this episode higher because the first part was actually really good. It was focused on Dana who is still by the way the main character. It hat great stunts, witty dialogue and was quite convincing.

But this? William is either the savior or the leader of the alien invasion. Which is it? If Mulder dies then what? Seems to me like the writers were just looking for a way to put Mulder in without having DD. Why waste screen time building a conspiracy of super soldiers and a mysterious baby if you neither have nor will give the answers? Seems to me that Carter has given up on his show.

Again I ask: Why don't they just kill it off then? Why go on for a season or two if the story you wanted to tell is over? Being a writer myself I take offense in that kind of milking the cow.