The X-Files

Release

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 05, 2002 on FOX

• This episode seals the future fate for "Monica and John." They come to realize how much they love and support each other in this episode.

This episode allows John to experience the freedom he needs to move forward with his life. He and his ex-wife can now let go of their son Luke who has been murdered. That is Robert Patrick's real life wife Barbara Patrick. Brad Follmer turns out to be the bad guy. I never liked the creepy guy anyways. A new young cadet is the one who helps them figure out the murderer. He seems to be psychic and have abilities to aid them with the case. There's more to his story than that. He's actually a mental patient who's schizophrenic and got a job at the FBI. His schizophrenic/psychic abilities allow him to solve cases. He gives John the info needed to solve the case before he is found out. They do solve the case. Brad shoots the bad guy (I forgot his name). I love the scene at the beach with John and his ex-wife, they release Luke's ashes. It's very touching then he goes and greets Monica. This seals their future fate, realize they are in love and have a future together. Really touching.