The X-Files

Squeeze

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 24, 1993 on FOX

• The first MOTW

Probably one of the best episodes of this season, this is the first one about a mutant, the famous monster of the week. It's good to see Scully outside her work with Mulder. It's also good to see how she has to stand all her friends and her comments about her "Spooky" partner. What I like is that even when she's just getting to know Mulder, she seems to be upset and angry about it. But she's a professional and accepts to work with them, only to realize that Mulder may be right about his theories than her own friends.
    Eugene Tooms is creepy. His quiet and innocent personality makes you think he wouldn't hurt a fly, but it takes a profiler to uncover what lies beneath that look. The whole case is interesting. Can you imagine a serial killer that can hibernate for 30 years only to wake up, kill and hibernate again? I like how Mulder is very territorial this time and he focus all his energy in finding something to put Tooms in jail. We see for the first time a Mulder trying to save Scully from being killed and at some point this brings them a little bit more close.
    In the end, Tooms is caught and they find all his abnormalities. But who knows if the case is really closed.
    LG