The X-Files

Squeeze

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 24, 1993 on FOX

• Parawacky!

Just when we might think that we have a show about UFO cover-ups, we get this episode that might well have been at home in a season of "Tales From the Crypt". I assume this falls in the "paranormal" category that the opening credits has been warning us about, but it's more like a cheesy horror episode from "Kolchak: The Night Stalker".

It's not enough that we have a human who can squeeze himself through small openings, but the writers add to the fluff by making him immortal (through hibernation) and a harvester of livers (couldn't he just to a meat market and buy all the beef livers he wanted? What a picky diet!). Of course, Mukder is right on top of so familiar with every file in his cabinets (going back at least 100 years) that he immediately knows where to look for the fingerprints at the crime scene and knows how to match them to the culprit with an amazing DOS program. And yes, the perp could easily have slipped out of the handcuffs when Spooky nabbed him.

THIS EPISODE WANTS US TO BELIEVE IN: Extreme contortionism; human hibernation.

BELIEVABILTY RATING: 2/10

Not a terrible a bit of fun to watch, but the believabilty of the show really suffers with a plot like this.