The X-Files

The Calusari

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 14, 1995 on FOX

7.9
  • The worst X-Files episode i've seen so far.

T H I S - E P I S O D E - I S - A B Y S M A L !
    Any and All X-Files lovers be warned !

First of all let me say that all the background information this episode is based upon is totally wrong. "The Calusari" are romanian dancers that have nothing to do with religious and/or paranormal rituals. It is unbelievable how many facts are wrong in this episode, beside the obvious misinterpretation of romanian folclore the actors chosen to interpret the "romanians" are awful as their language skills, accents, grammar and pronunciation are horrible (i'm romanian and i could only understand half of what they were saying).
    This is a defacing of folclore and complete ignorance regarding an entire religion.
    Secondly this episode excels only in being the worst X-Files "child episodes" and i personally feel that this is just a low budget rip-off of "The Exorcist"
    In conclusion this episode offended me as a sci-fi fan, as a X-Files fan, and as a romanian.
    In my opinion this episode does not do justice to ANY sci-fi series and should not be watched by any person that would like a good viewing experience.