The X-Files

The Rain King

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 10, 1999 on FOX

7.9
  • Rain and Love and then some...

6.6
    What is going on with this series? The third boring episode in a row! After such a great start into the season - even harder to endure.

Sure the plot was original and the acting was supposed to be goofy. One might want to argue its merits but I was more disappointed with the whole Scully/Mulder storyline (if you can call it that)

Scully and Mulder are Partners. They trust each other, they risk and save their lives in numerous episodes. He is insanity, she is reason. A match made in Heaven. At the beginning of the series I was like: They are made for eachother! But then I realised that there are NO long term relationships between characters. Not a single one. It seems to bore people. And the writers made the right decision to keep them platonical. So why bother with hints and clues and stuff if you don't follow through? There will be no Scully/Mulder relationship, I am sure of it. That makes this just boring and painful to watch really. I love Scully and Mulder and above all I love that they are just Friends. Keep it that way and stop the nonsense!

Besides: Since when are Scully and Mulder back on the X-Files? Who gave them this assignment? Where was Spender? No explanation whatsoever as to why they are not questioned by Kersh...