The X-Files

Three Words

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 08, 2001 on FOX

• A pretty pointless episode, all it serves to do is make Mulder not trust Doggett.

Doggett gets a backhanded compliment – the X-Files success rate has significantly increased since Doggett got assigned.

Mulder naturally takes an intense dislike to Doggett even before he meets him. It's totally unfair and Scully's defense of Doggett probably just antagonizes Mulder. I had forgotten how obnoxious Mulder can be. He comes back and all Hell breaks loose, Mulder's a loose cannon that ruins everyone around him. Fond as I am of Mulder, he's toxic and has no regard for others' safety.

I'm surprised that Doggett would trust Noel again, after what he did with Scully. After this, John would be stupid to trust him again. Especially now we know he's been replaced.

I'm getting the alarming feeling that the slew of alien stories are back. It's the one thing I didn't like about the series, the later the season, the more aliens there are. In the beginning, at least there was a balance between the aliens and the stand-alones.