The X-Files

Trevor

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 11, 1999 on FOX

7.7
  • Trevor

Trevor was a superb episode of The X-Files and I really enjoyed watching because the story was engaging, entertaining and intriguing. It was interesting to learn the ability that Wilson Pinker Rawls possessed. There were some horror elements, mystery and suspenseful action. I liked how the story played out and it was interesting that Rawls had a son he never knew of and just wanted to see him, maybe have a second chance. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!
  • An inmate at prison wreaks havoc on the people in his life while Mulder and Scully chase him.

Another good episode of The X-Files here.. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a great episode, but it certainly was, for 45 minutes, captivating and had a villain that I was willing to follow throughout. If I have one nitpick, it's that the show needs to learn how to end their episodes better.

The X-Files seems to have reached a point where they can do the same format for each episode and get away with it just based on the relationship between Mulder and Scully and the way they drive the episode forward. Here, we have the same old thing: a bad guy begins killing people, Mulder and Scully investigate for about eight minutes, we cut to a scene of another death, investigation, another death, and so on and so forth until the end of the episode, where the detectives slowly learn more about the villain.

In this episode, the bad guy can pass through any solid object except glass and is searching for something, killing whoever gets in his way. Mulder and Scully begin looking for the man, soon learning that he's looking for his ex-girlfriend. The episode is pretty simple, but it gets by based on the power of the guest stars and the intensity of the final scenes.

The final scenes are great, but they move too quickly. By the time Mulder and Scully save the day, there's not even time for one of those ridiculous narrations that the writers put over the last two or three minutes.. the episode just sort of peters out.. But despite any nitpicking I've done, the episode was pretty good.
  • Clichéd idea explained stupidly but executed well.

A man can walk through walls. Since this is The X-Files, Mulder and Scully are sent to investigate. They find that he can change the composition of objects to pass through them, utilizing electrical charges, which was brought on by a tornado. Right. I think it would have been more plausible had they stolen something out of X-Men and said that his DNA had mutated, or something. Oh well.

The episode is still good, however. It's sufficiently creepy, with a touch of emotion, and a dash of humour (Mulder's one-liners here are especially sharp and witty). The plot is easy to guess but it's still pulled off well. Some of the ideas are cool - the guy writing on the wall with his finger, and the fact that everything he walks through becomes weak and brittle - but the fact that it was brought on by a tornado is just too ludicrous to accept. So check your brain at the door and enjoy. Overall, a decent episode that takes a well-worn idea and wears it out even more.
  • "You ain't got nothin' in there but your nine. What're you gonna do, shoot me? C'mon. Boo. BOO!"

Great episode. I love John Diehl here as Pinker, who is both creepy and funny ("You know, there is something that is just so nice about putting on a new pair of socks. I don't know what it is"). There was also something so funny about Pinker showing up naked everywhere, and then saying stuff like "TREVOR!! Hey buddy!", as if there's no problem at all with what he's doing. Not much Mulder and Scully interaction here, although we do get a few good one-liners from the pair. Most of the action pivots on the "monster of the week" and his extended family. Only complaint about them is Robert, who acts like a complete jerk with very little explanation. Would you break up with your wife-to-be if you find out she "stole" $90,000? Maybe, but I'd be more mystified than angry. Just one point I was confused about.

Definitely worth watching. Season Six is my favorite season of the show.
  • A guy gets locked up in solitary confinement during a storm - gets hit by lightning and escapes. Mulder and Scully are sent to investigate......

7.2
    Above a remote prison, a storm is brewing in the clouds. The prisoners are trying their best to board up the windows and doors. One guy gets in an others face and he sticks a nail through his hand. He gets sent to solitary which is an outhouse in the middle of the yard. Not surprisingly he's not too happy. The storm wreaks havoc on the yard and the "box" is ripped up and smashed over the region with no sign of the prisoner. The FBI are called to track him, as it appears he is not only not missing, but he returned to kill the governor who put him in the box!

There is no obvious escape from the governors' room, until Mulder discovers that one wall is incredibly fragile.

During the tracking of the suspect, they trace his family, suspecting he might go there to get his share of the loot he nicked which put him inside in the first place. But they discover he is actually after his son, who was born after he went inside and he has never seen. They also discover the method he escaped with was, walking through walls!! They suspect during the storm the electrical charges changed his body and now he can change the structure of objects to allow him to pass through. I thought this was a good episode, although I was scratching my head for ages trying to work out why it was called Trevor - Pinkers' son. Although other reviewers on here thought the storyline was rubbish, at least they were thinking about it. Like when he was writing in the wall and had to stop at the mirror, as he could not change the structure of glass (handy for Scully near the end)!!
  • An escaped prisoner can phase through walls. Good for him!

7.9
    Another comic book superhero power fallen into the wrong hands, and I'm a sucker for that. So, I probably like this episode a tiny bit than I should, because really, it's nothing spectacular. Though the angle of the killer just wanting his son back is interesting, and the writing on the wall with his finger bit is pretty cool, somehow the whole affair falls short of it's potential.