The X-Files

Trust No 1

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 06, 2002 on FOX

• I Love this episode!

(Fade In.)

(During SCULLY's opening voiceover we see a montage of images and scenes from previous seasons and classic MSR (Mulder Scully Romance) episodes. The whole opening teaser is in slow-motion. The classical music playing during this montage of clips is Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky's "The Seasons: Barcarolle", arranged and performed by Richard Grayson. The teaser gives the impression that MULDER and SCULY have been under surveillance for a long time.)

(Black and white image of SCULLY looking at herself in a mirror.)
    (From "WITHIN" 8X01)

(It dissolves into a colourful image of two cars passing each other on a city street at night.)

(Black-and-white image of SCULLY looking down in front of a mirror takes place up-front on screen.)
    (From "WITHIN" 8X01)

(It dissolves into another colourful city street shot, with moving cars and the Capitol Building in the background, well-lit and clearly visible at night. The scene freezes and turns black and white.)

(We cut seamlessly onto SCULLY exiting the hospital, lost in her thoughts, holding a bouquet of flowers in her right hand. Black-and-white footage.)
    (From "all things" 7X17)

(Black and white shot of SCULLY seated in a car behind a steering-wheel in a parking garage. Very sad. Its format is that of a surveillance footage.)
    (From "THE END" 5X20)

(Another black and white shot of SCULLY looking at herself in a mirror.)
    (From "WITHIN" 8X01)

(Black and white image of SCULLY holding an umbrella. As the scene begins playing the screen turns colourful and SCULLY comes up to join MULDER at a crime scene. Then the scene freezes and turns into a black and white surveillance photograph.)
    (From "LEONARD BETTS" 4X14)

(Fade to white)

(The white light melts into a black and white image of MULDER running towards a phone booth, SCULLY close behind him. It is a surveillance photograph, then other black and white surveillance photographs appear, all fast-forwarded until we see a close-up of MULDER holding a phone receiver to his ear. It is also a black and white surveillance photograph.)
    (From "PUSHER" 3X17)

(Fade to black)

(Colourful image of MULDER and SCULLY appears, both sitting in The X Files office. MULDER sitting in his chair behind his table, SCULLY sitting in a chair in front of the table. Very awkward atmosphere, yet *very* memorable moment. The scene freezes and turns black and white.)
    (From Final images of "NEVER AGAIN" 4X13)

(Black and white scene of SCULLY following MULDER through the street. Police officers can be seen in the background.)
    (From "PAPER HEARTS" 4X08)

(Black and white scene of MULDER and SCULLY kneeling over a dead body lying on a floor at the Metro Diner.)
    (From "KILL SWITCH" 5X11)

(MULDER and SCULLY sitting on a couch at MULDER's apartment. The camera angle is from the airvent.)
    (From "MILAGRO" 6X18)

(Black and white surveillance image of MULDER staring ahead of himself, contemplating the next move. The shot freezes, then begins playing as SCULLY leans closer to MULDER to speak to him privately. Very lovely image.)
    (From "THE FIELD WHERE I DIED" 4X05)

(Hallway hug at the hospital. MULDER and SCULLY holding each other. MULDER has his chin on the top of SCULLY's head. He then stokes her hair.)
    (From "MEMENTO MORI" 4X15)

(MULDER smiles at SCULLY, then leans down to her and they kiss.)
    (From "MILLENNIUM" 7X05)

(MULDER embraced SCULLY after her failed attempt at IVF pregnancy. We see her face over his shoulder. Her eyes are filled with tears.)
    (From ("PER MANUM" 8X08)

(MULDER sitting on bed in his motel room, SCULLY examining him.)
    (From "DEMONS" 4X23)

(Standing at SCULLY's apartment close to each other.)
    (From "PER MANUM" 8X08)

(Night. SCULLY approaching MULDER in a desert before their touching "Good-bye" conversation.)
    (From "DREAMLAND II" 6X05)

SCULLY: (Voiceover) One day, you'll ask me to speak of a truth - of the miracle of your birth. To explain what is unexplained. And if I falter or fail on this day, know there is an answer, my child, a sacred imperishable truth, but one you may never hope to find alone. Chance meeting your perfect other, your perfect opposite - your protector and endangeror. Chance embarking with this other on the greatest of journeys - - a search for truths fugitive and imponderable. If one day this chance may befall you, my son, do not fail or falter to seize it. The truths are out there. And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, or on some unseen plane, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken. For the truest truths are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.

(We see a new image of SCULLY's devastated face. She is leaning over a lifeless male body laying on a train platform. The green surveillance footage changes into a real- life colourful image.)

WOW its so beautiful i love the beg. i know alot of people did i really loves that like what ilovexfiles said it was good to recap all of the moments like this, all the people who did this episode, directors, writers, evryone did a good job of bring in the people into the world of the x-files... i love this episode!..oh and mulder *cough*
LOGO