The X's Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Why?

joecool1000

[1]Dec 23, 2005
    • level: 18
    Why does everyone hate the X's?
    its a great show. but i'll admit it does need just a little improvement.but i bet half the people who hate this show never even watched 1 episode..hey when they first premeired Danny Phantom i thought it was stupid then i watched 1 episode and i loved it...so come on X's haters just watch 1..just 1 episode and i'll bet you'll love it

Im not trying to force you. jus' sayin'
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WarhawK-harris

[2]Dec 24, 2005
    • level: 8
    It's going to take some time for this show to grow on some people, especially the ones out there who gave it the worst scores. This is often the case with any cartoon that pushes the limit for character design.

MrPixarman

[3]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 6
    WarhawK-harris wrote:
    It's going to take some time for this show to grow on some people, especially the ones out there who gave it the worst scores. This is often the case with any cartoon that pushes the limit for character design.

it's character design is a rip off of lou romano's from the incredibles.

NebulaDragon

[4]Dec 29, 2005
    People always forget that there's not definite pro or cons to a show. It's all oppinion. If you don't like a show, you can tell other people, but you can't make other people hate it. If you like a show, you can tell others, but you can't force them to like it.

Personally,I think the X's is boring. The animation is nice though.

warnerbroman

[5]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 15
    those people always think
    that is copy sothing it bad that way juniper lee and robotboy
    bad ratings

joecool1000

[6]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 18
    IT'S NOT A RIP_OFF FROM THE INCREDIBLES!!!!!!
    GEEZ

GoudaCheeseking

[7]Jan 1, 2006
    I don't think The X's is a horrible show, it's just too generic for some. I think it has potential, and only time will tell if it improves. Here's a few things I think the show needs to do in order to improve:

1. Expand the Characters: The X family is too stereotypical. They're cardboard cutouts of the average family. They need to show different sides of their personalities to make them more interesting and like-able.

2. Less Glowface: Five episodes in, and Glowface is becoming tiring. I find Glowface amusing, and I think he can be funny sometimes, but he's best in small dosages. "Photo Ops" had a few amusing villains I'd like the creators to work into the series, but they're probably one-shot.

3. More Original Plots: When the basic premise of the show is the family is trying to fit in, there's some cliches you can't escape. However, even the episodes that don't deal with the X's trying to fit in are generic. Every show is guilty of cliches at one point or another. I find them more apparent during the beginning of a series' run, so there's a possibility plots will improve.

If they make improvements like these, the show might catch my attention a little more, but the show's core audience is around ages 6-11, and I doubt any of them care too much about character development or overused plots. They just want to see the X's beat up the bad guy.

suite_life_rox

[8]Jan 2, 2006
    • level: 22
    GoudaCheeseking wrote:
    I don't think The X's is a horrible show, it's just too generic for some. I think it has potential, and only time will tell if it improves. Here's a few things I think the show needs to do in order to improve:

1. Expand the Characters: The X family is too stereotypical. They're cardboard cutouts of the average family. They need to show different sides of their personalities to make them more interesting and like-able.

2. Less Glowface: Five episodes in, and Glowface is becoming tiring. I find Glowface amusing, and I think he can be funny sometimes, but he's best in small dosages. "Photo Ops" had a few amusing villains I'd like the creators to work into the series, but they're probably one-shot.

3. More Original Plots: When the basic premise of the show is the family is trying to fit in, there's some cliches you can't escape. However, even the episodes that don't deal with the X's trying to fit in are generic. Every show is guilty of cliches at one point or another. I find them more apparent during the beginning of a series' run, so there's a possibility plots will improve.

If they make improvements like these, the show might catch my attention a little more, but the show's core audience is around ages 6-11, and I doubt any of them care too much about character development or overused plots. They just want to see the X's beat up the bad guy.

i 100% agree with you

Super_Orbit

[9]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 25
    Yep. One thing, though. If they're spies, then why do they stop villins and stuff? They're spies, not superheroes.

crzza

[10]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 49
    suite_life_rox wrote:
    GoudaCheeseking wrote:

i 100% agree with you
    same here.