The X's

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The X's Fan Reviews (157)

5.5
  • NOT AGAIN! Nick, what are you thinking? Catscratch, now this? Someone shoot me please, just so i dont have to watch Nick fall out, and sell to CN

0.0
    A family of spies? Where've i seen this before? Uh, Spy Kids, i believe, which i actualy liked, but this? this is just plain pathetic. When Nick came out with Danny Phantom, I called them geniuses. When they came out with Avatar, i practically worshipped the ground the creators walked on. After Catscratch I questioned their sanity. After The X's? I'm calling the Wacky Shack
  • Ummm eww!!

First of all it isn't original at all really. The characters get on my nerve, well at least most of them do, a lot! The animation needs fixing up the most. It's just horrible. This is another show that is just going to hog up space so Nickelodeon won't be able to show some more of its better shows. I gave it a 3 because like 1 or 2 scenes weren't too bad and I've seen worse.
  • Yep nick has lost it alright and I hope they relize it.

2.2
    Well,let me start off with this. Its a complete ripoff of the incredbiles. Why, ok let me point out the obvious. Lets see a family that fights crime, is abnormal from everybody else, and tries to act like a family. This is a disgrace incredbiles was such a good kids movie why would they take some dumb ass show and destroy it. I hope nick takes this crap off the air as soon as possbile. I can't stand 1.0 seconds of this monstroustity. Anybody who likes this crud I'm sorry but I just can't see why. This is my opinion so please don't take it seriously.
  • Spy family, yaddda, ,yadda blah blah. boring and etc.

0.1
    this is a total waste of nick programing. The plots are dull , the characters have no realisim to them and the animation is horrible. the kids are steriotypical brats and teenagers. This is a fairly overused plot similar to the plot of the incredibles movie. What is with nick that they keep feeding this boring drivel called the \"next major nicktoon\"
  • this show is AWFUL!

3.1
    it's not funny,it doesn't have good lines or storylines for that matter.this show insults Nick,i love Nick,its one of my favorite channels.
    Disney useto be til they ended Kim Possible,poor KP...any way,the Xs?i do not like this show,i just saw the frist ep,and i had to change the channel.it was boring,bad animation,terrible story,WHAT WAS NICK THINKING?
    i think they should make more shows made from the Danny Phantom/Fairly 0dd Parents,maybe not the same shapey design but the same idea in stories and charcters.i'm not saying people who do like this show to not watch it but i just wanna know WHY W0ULD Y0U WATCH IT?
  • Actually watching this show wasn't a thought that I had in mind at first, but I it watched anyway. In my opinion, I think it should be entirely redone and that they should try to use some better animation. Maybe 3D would work better. I find it to be unori

2.5
    The X's could use a little more work. It's got a little promise of being good in its future, but not enough to grab a strong encouraging audience following.

Every other sentence is corny and the jokes are extremely sad. Nothing from this show could conjure any amount of laughter in my honest opinion.

And yet, it's just another show where the parents are only given last names. Just like The Fairly OddParents. Unoriginal to say the least. Like everything else about it. The plot is somewhat the same to that of The Incredibles. Really not much new to it. Plus naming the kids somewhat close to the names of the kids on The Addam's Family doesn't really help the show much either.
  • Nick's thrid strike: First All Grown Up, then Catscratch, now the X's. A futile attempt to cancel Danny Phantom by ripping off other series.

In what is a clearly cliche attempt to continue the dominace of a post-KlaskyCsuepo Rugrats series, another series about creature that lives in a pineapple under the see that has jumped the shark, and to continue the removal of whatever childhood children have left --if the advertisements for various products hasn't brainwashed them into pre-teen eMpTyV posers-- Nick came out with two series this year to wheen kids off of animated series and get them to watch the other drek (Drake and Josh, Ned's Declassified, Zoey 101, Romeo, Unfabulous, and All Grown Up).

If by the third episode of this series you have not had a serious case of deja vu, you have quite possibly have been desensitized by the overkill of flashing graphics and yelling and have probably had to start taking Ritalin for the TV-enduced ADHD.

The characters are unoriginal: worlds-greatest dad, the always busy mom, misunderstood teenage daughter, the bratty little brother. Let me know when Astro and Rosey get here.

The bad guys are stupid. No really, they are stupid. A short red guy with a glowing head trying to be another Dr. Drakken.

If that weren't enought, the misunderstood teenage daughter has three friends that are very similar to the other show the network trying to cancel: a goth, a nerd, and a snob.

This show seems to rip off alot of other shows just to cancel one show that is way better than this crap.

Nick needs to keep their hands off Danny Phantom, stop trying to rip of Danny Phantom, the Jetsons, Kim Possible, and the Powerpuff Girls, and stop trying to turn kids into mindless consumers.

Kids aren't stupid. If the network wants ratings, they need to stop adlibbing the schedule with crappy programming.
  • rip off!

1.5
    this show is so dumb! it just a copy of The Incredibles & i dont like that movie either. the villian in this show is really weird lookin too. teh animation is crappy & the jokes are stupid. i dont really like shows/movies that focus on a family of spies. Oh, 7 the villian's name is really dumb(Glow face?!?! they could've come up with somethin better than that) i'm soo glad this show's cancelled! Nick actually did somethin right for once. sorry fans, but the x's is too cheesy for me. it was a disgrace to Nickelodeon. at least i dont have to look at this horrible show anymore
  • Ok this has got to stop.....

OK, Nick, get a hold of your minds! Stop producing stuff like this. First of all, this show is so dumb. The Animation is very terrible even a 5 year old could draw better than this! Plus the whole plot is dumb. This is the 2nd worst nicktoon alongside with Mr. Meaty witch I reviewed a year ago. I mean its basically a Rip-off of the Incredibles and American Dad! But that stuff was good, this just takes it to a lower level. I don't think this show lasted for a friggin year. Im sorry for all the lovers of this show. And i truley respect them, but this show is just plain dumb. Please nick Revive yourself. Thank God this show was cancelled.
  • I love the show. I think it is funny and original(in the sense that it has NOTHING to do with the Incredibles). The animation may be different but that does not make it bad. I thought the episodes were funny. I give it a 10 out of 10.

What some people call bad animation is really just animation that is different from the norm of today's animation society. I really enjoyed the X's and love the characters. My favorite part would have to be the voice actors. They are my personal favorite. I have to agree that the first 15 minute episode could have been funnier but all in all I like it.
  • A family of spys try to pose as a normal family.

5.7
    This show wants to be original but it is a total rip-off of "The Incredibles", "Spy Kids" and all of those other shows. I was watching this with my friend because she thought nit sounded cool but I hate it. What kind of last name is X anyway!? If they were smart they would have changed it. I am only giving it the 5.7 because I like the animation style and Wendie Malick as Mrs. X.
  • What's with nickelodeon rallying in all these horrible shows?

4.5
    Seriously. Take this off along with Catscratch, this is crap.

I don't like the artwork, it's just not for me. The storyline isn't all that appealing either, it's been done already. Get something new.

I don't find the humor funny at all. Please, just do us all a favor and cancel it.
  • Its not something I'll watch again and again, but I might watch it occasionally. It could be better.

3.9
    Well, this show is a no. I think they need to take more time to make the characters just right and not make everything so cubed. I gave it a chance and said it doesn't have lots of potential. Its lacking something to become a big hit, but i don't knwo exactly what it is.
  • At first I hated it but then I felt like loving it but couldn't.

The X's is although kinda like a rip-off to The Incridibles but hold it right there , I can find the same things between these and they are...

1. Both the main villians have a behavior of a kid
    2. Both share the formula ( expect with their work )

But however it leaves me to the point that it's beginning to not look like it but it is sometimes. The art blinds me with style and everything else is near the core as the overall score is a 5 out of 10 with some problems left behind which is perhaps a bad score to the review and yet I'm still beginning to like it...
  • Uh, like, A CLONE OF THE INCREDIBLES!! U have got to notice it!!

2.1
    Animations... weird.
    Storylines... ok.
    Originality... NOT.

I wrote this right after the second half-hour premiere. This might not be as sucessful as Danny Phantom. And I'm not saying this because I love Danny Phantom. I'm saying this because the show needs to be a little more... original. This show is like The Incredibles, if you are not able to see it.

In general, this is the WORST thing I've ever seen. That list includes Rugrats Goes Wild.

And with that, I shall continue to look for a store that sells Nickelodeon video games with Danny Phantom in it. (Oh, great, forgot to check Toys "R" Us!!)
  • What the heck? This is a complete waste of time!!

This IS a complete waste of time.
    Come on.
    Maybe it would be good, but I really don't like the animations.
    And why is there only ONE bad guy? He's really stupid, too.
    Glowface??
    He's the only bad guy and it's the same old thing every episode!
    They have to defeat Glowface! Where are the other bad guys and super villians, huh?
    Plus, they seem to have no idea abouta normal life except for one person in the show, Tuesday.
    And why does her hair change all the time?

I really don't like this show, and if you ask me, there's nothing interesting to see.
  • so uninteresting

First of all I have to say that this seems like a cheap copy of the movie, The Incredibles. Also, this has some pretty bad animation. It is rushed through and painful to watch. Another thing is that the fighting scenes are great proof that the show is uninteresting. The villain, Glowface, he is just a loser with a big rid head! i also say that the childrens action show rule applies to this. The hero fights the villain. The hero gets puzzled. The hero finds a way to win and does so. I say don't watch the X's. 1/10. Abysmal.
  • A really horrible Incredibles ripoff.

The X's should be X off the air forever because it's so dumb. If this is Nick's Incredibles it looks like they drove off the road drunk. The kid's look ugly and the parents are not as good as regular parents. Glowface looks like a combonation of Red Skull, a monkey, and a lightbub. The other villians are lame. The animation looks awful too. If you want to see spy shows, watch any other spy show except The X's. What the hell was Nickelodeon doing?!
  • It is so stupid, disagree all you want!

I hate this show, it is so retarted. How could somebody actually like this show?!?! I don't care if people disagree about this review. But come on, kids are not retarts, that should be watching retarted shows. Kids who watch this show are the kids of tomorrow! They shouldnt be as dumb as a doorknob, and amazingly this show it not helping! Take it off of Nick. I have to say, Nick has many bad shows on air, but this one is MENTAL!!! This show needs to go ! I hate this show, it should have never been created!!! It is SO stupid.
  • I loved Catdog, and I loved this "garbage"...

Oh come on. How bad was this show? Catdog was creative, and this show had potential. Lots of it. It was just low-rated, and hardcore animation fans just couldn't take another look at it before criticizing it. Now, from what I remember about the X's, there was a Helen Parr-like mother, a Dash-like son, and a Violet Parr-like daughter, as well as the bumbling Mr. X. Sure, it sounds like an Incredibles rip-off TV show; but I just want people to give the X's another chance and not just mindlessly criticize it at first glance. Same went with Catdog. Both shows were rather well-played in my opinion.
  • In short, and in my very humble, cool, awesome opinion, this show SUX!

Ahem... this show sux! No originality whatsoever, horrible animation, stories to snore, and it has been done before! This is the Incredibles with a new skin, and might I add, a very stupid skin. This was an immature atempt at something that would have failed anyway, and I really think someone should send Nick a wake up call and throw this show along with Catscratch off the air. Only reason it got a score at all is because the evil guy's voice is kinda cool.
  • WTF!!??

2.6
    What the f@*k is this? It's a show about a family of spies. Big woop! I could think of something better right now! It's called "Bob killed the X's" Okay so there is this guy named Bob. He goes over to the X's house with an AK47. He shoots them all. He takes all they're cheap technology and melts the metal to make bullets! And he uses them to kill all the other retarded new Nickelodeon crap! Anyways this show sucks @$$, t!tt!es and d!cks! Cancel it now!
  • It's been done, Nickelodeon.

Take The Incredibles, subtract the high-tech CGI animation and the cleverness, add American Dad, remove the German goldfish, alien, pop culture and political jokes, add some stupid and unoriginality, and what do you get?

The X's.

This repulsive train wreck of a cartoon is basically another one of those "crime-fighting family" shows. The character designs are attrocious, the plots are unfunny and bland, and it's altogether ugly. The dad's basically Stan from American Dad, except not as funny. The kid's have weird names. Truman and Tuesday? Wow, never heard of those before.

Anyway's this is proof that Nickelodeon sucks now, and never will be the same again. Pity.
  • There are already shows like this!!!

1.8
    wow super heros again. I don't get it. Why waste your time with a show about heros when the other 15 million shows just like it all jumped the shark?? It is so unoriginal and just.. dumb. This show will probably (i hope) be off the air soon. I really want to see new shows on nickalodien but if they are going to be like this show, then I am not going to watch them anymore. Also, the title doesn't fit.
  • I HATE THIS SHOW. Period.

This it the worst show in history. The absolutely worst!!! Very stupid, not good story line. Oh wow another family spy cartoon. Big deal! Extremely unoriginal, period. There are so many other shows to watch than this piece o' crap. I gave it a 1 because it's at LEAST has pictures. I rather watch my dog sleep than this! A total waste of 30 minutes. Thanks creators of the X's. Thanks. For Wasting 30 Minutes Of My Life! Dang this show is horrible. I didn't expect such a foul show. Ok, if you don't get what I'm saying it's this: THIS SHOW REEKS!
  • OK what loser cameup with this???

0.4
    This really shows Nick's stupidity. and their rivalry with disney. mayb if they made better shows more ppl woould watch it?! Instead of trying to copy something that has already been made by disney. and not to mention a crapy remake! Nick really needs to air the good shows again and make NEW, GOOD shows.
  • Unoriginal, stupid, and definitely doesn't belong on Nickelodeon. Its got Cartoon Network written all over it.

0.1
    This show is a waste of time. There are a million other shows out there in the world about a group of undercover spies, why bother making another? Especially Nickelodeon, you'd think they'd have learned thier lesson after the downfall of stupid shows like "My Life As A Teenage Robot,""Kablam," and in a way, "Jimmy Neutron." They all have a general villain or villains and a general hero that saves the day in ever-stinkin-episode. All those shows hardly lasted a year! And now they're trying to throw in this garbage that basically just copies "The Incredibles"!Personally, I think it would save a lot of time and money if they just never made this dumb show. Now if this show were to turn around and show a little reason to be liked, I swear I'll take back everything I said. I admit, there are some succesful super-hero shows. "Danny Phantom" is one, though the animation is poor and some of the characterization is a bit on the corny side, it definitely shows the sucess in its ratings. Basically, I think that the idea for the X's was very unoriginal, and I honestly think that airing this show on NIckelodeon was a bad idea. You could see 2 seconds of the commercial and guess that it belonged to Cartoon Network.
  • It's not that bad... If you watch a number of episodes.

So many just said this is a "The Incredibles" rip-off. I doubt it. Just because they're a family who would save the world from some bastard villain, doesn't mean it's a rip-off.

First of all; they're spies, not superheroes with powers of such.
    Second; the Incredibles don't have a talking house.

I can name more if you want. It is a pretty good show, what I don't understand is why does the rating of this show so low, I don't know if that's exaggerated. So, the show is about the life of a spy family, is that even original? Maybe, yes. The story is fine, so as the characters, except Glowface, he's just plain annoying (and a stupid villain, too). The rest is fair, but not bad.
  • Well here is an example of a show I will never watch again, even if it's the only thing on. I always turn off the tv or change the channel whaen this is on.

I really don't get this show. It tottaly doesn't make sense and annoys me so much I just want to leave the room when this is on. It's totally unoriginal and a rip-off from the Incredibles. I know this show is new and the writers and directers are still trying so instead of giving this show a 0.0 i gave it a 5.
  • This has got to be one of the worst Nicktoons of all time.

2.5
    Many Nicktoons of this decade has failed us and sucked like Fanboy and Chum Chum,The Mighty B,All Grown Up and As Told By Ginger. However,the one that is so forgettable is The X's. This show is about a family who are really spies,and try to save the world from Glowface,a villain who is not even threatening in any way. So this is a rip-off of Spy Kids and The Incredibles. Wow,Nick is really running out of ideas these days. Now,all of the members of the family suck at being spies. The dad is annoying,and that's because he is voiced by Patrick Warburton,the guy who voiced Joe from Family Guy and the stupid cop from Scooby Doo:Mystery Inc. The mom is like the dad. Truman is the only character I liked,despite the fact that he's a bit of a brat. The older sister is selfish,and annoying. Glowface is a terrible villain,who sucks at what he does. But don't even get me started on the dreadful animation. It looks like the creators just drawn and cut out shapes and glued them together. I know that's the animation of South Park,but it's great in that show,but in this show,it looks horrible. Everybody moves slowly,and they look horrible in animation like that. And despite the fact that this show is horrible,it only lasted 4 years. Why?! This doesn't even belong in the Nicktoons category. Overall,this is a bad show,and never should be watched again.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6