The Yogi Bear Show

(ended 1988)

mrdivot

The Yogi Bear Show Fan Reviews (11)

• Yogi really is smarter than the average bear

I didn't even know util just now that this show was on that long, I just assumed as a kid that it was all re-runs when I watched it, but they had new episodes until 1988 it said. I remember watching specials at my Grandma's and just watching the show whenever and were ever it was on, this was great. The last episode they should have had Yogi and Boo-Boo Maul the park ranger it might have been amusing, but then again maybe not. Yogi is too fat to do that anyways with all the Pic-i-nic type baskets he has eaten over time. I know it's a cartoon, I'm kidding for those who might think I have lost the grip on reality. This was a funny show and has jokes for people of all ages.
  • Yogi, Boo Boo and Ranger Smith having fun in Jellystone Park.

Yogi, Boo Boo and Ranger Smith having fun in Jellystone Park. Hanna & Barbera had one of their best shows with this classic. Yogi, Boo Boo, Yacky and Ranger Smith were all fantastic characters. I still watch this on the Boomerang Network. It's funnier than almost anything on today - except for Family Guy and the Simpsons. It's on one a day and I have my DVR set to always record it. It's funny how many different Jelltstone signs they had. They cut costs big time back then with animation and yet paid for all of those difgferent openings. You would think that would have been one thing that people would expect to be the same.
  • Toooooo funny!

Yogi was a really cool bear to me as a child. He is original, spiffy, and clueless at times. He is a legend for a reason! He always has something going on, perfect for your child to watch! The graphics are remarkable!
  • One of my favorite shows on boomerang

I will never forget yogi bear. Nowadays he\\\'s made fun of. That so isn\\\'t nice. Yogi is very funny and should be warshiped for years to come. You\'ll love him once you see him. Yogi bears favorite episode from me is the one where he try\'s to ride on a train. LOL.
  • A classic among classics from hanna barbera.

The first break-out superstar of the Hanna-Barbera production company. Unlike Disney, which has it's penultimate character, Mickey, there really isn't one Hanna Barbera character that you can slap the company name on. You have so many popular shows and characters, everyone is surely to have their favorite. From Fred Flinstone, to George Jetson, Yogi, Huck, Top Cat, and Scooby Doo, there are just too many to put on top as the clear fan favorite. One thing is for sure, one of the staple characters and my favorite is Yogi Bear and his beloved sidekick, Boo Boo. They are constantly getting in trouble with Ranger Smith, either for stealing picnic baskets, or trying to escape from Jellystone Park. Of course, many should be able to tell that the characterization of Yogi came from Ed Norton of the Honeymooners (while Fred Flinstone was Jackie Gleeson).

First appearing in the Huckleberry Hound Show in 1959, Yogi was quickly stealing scenes, which led to his own show. There were not a ton of episodes, compared to the other HB shows, but it's simplistic characters and plots made it one of the most fun in all of Hanna Barbera land. The gimmick of him trying to leave Jellystone was used several times in the HB world: Magilla Gorilla trying to get out of the pet store, and Wally Gator and The Hair Bear Bunch always trying to escape the zoo. While these DVD's include the original early 60's shows, Yogi of course lived on in numerous specials and appearances over the years. He is still the mascot for Jellystone Campgrounds around the country. There has been heaploads of licensed Yogi memorabilia sold from around 1960 right up to the present day, and continues to be a solid find on any Hanna Barbera collector's lists.
  • Another Hanna-Barbera masterpiece that I beg for the TV gods to put back on the air.

Another Hanna-Barbera masterpiece that I beg for the TV gods to put back on the air. This is one of their better shows. ygi, Boo Boo, Yacky and the gang were all great characters. Complete with great vocal talents, writng, directing and animation there was nothing that was bad about this show. I hope it comes back on the air and it would be great if there was a Hanna-Barbera cartoon network. I hate the the Cartoon Network pretty much only shows new series. Hanna-Barbera made great cartoons and there has got to be some way to get them back on the air.
  • An animated series of cartoons from Hanna & Barbera. The show followed the adventures of Yogi Bear and his friend Boo Boo in Jellystone Park.

Yogi and Boo Boo are two bears living in Jellystone National Park (the fictional version of Yellowstone). Yogi is usually dragging Boo Boo into some scheme to get them in trouble. Most of the schemes involve stealing picnic baskets. If they aren't stealing picnic baskets they are trying to escape or somehow bothering the campers. The man in charge of stopping them is Ranger Smith.

Yogi first appeared on "The Huckleberry Hound Show" in 1959. He became so popular that they decided to make a show about him. The character Cindy Bear was added later as a love interest.

This is a great series. If you have children I would suggest buying the DVD's. This show is truly a lot of fun.

• Good

Thsi show is good but not the best show i've seen! It could be better but it is allright as it is. It is funny, entertaining and just plain good cartoon! It has good characters, plots and setting. This is a good show for one about a bear! Good
  • FUNNY!

THIS SHOW IS FUNNY AND WILL ALWAYS BE A CLASSIC!
  • My fav Hanna barbera show!

Yogi is so smarter than Ranger Smith. He even acts like a troll, lol. I can tell you why, Yogi steals food and it made Ranger smith mad and gets a reaction. Yogi can be an idiot sometimes. But he's still funny! I also like his sidekick named boo boo. He's so cute.
  • Yogi Bear is a fictional anthropomorphic bear who appears in animated cartoons created by Hanna-Barbera Productions. The series is set in the fictional park of Jellystone.

Yogi Bear made his debut in 1958 as a supporting character in The Huckleberry Hound Show. He became popular, and in 1961 was given his own show, which also included the segments Snagglepuss and Yakky Doodle. Hokey Wolf replaced his segment on The Huckleberry Hound Show. There was a musical animated feature film, Hey There, It's Yogi Bear!, in 1964. Over the years he appeared in many other spin-off series as well, including Yogi's Gang (1973), Yogi's Space Race (1978), Galaxy Goof-Ups (1978), Yogi's Treasure Hunt (1985),The New Yogi Bear Show (1988), the "Fender Bender 500" segment on Wake, Rattle and Roll (1990), and Yo Yogi (1991).

In 1999, Canadian animator John Kricfalusi created and directed two Yogi cartoons, which were A Day in the Life of Ranger Smith and Boo Boo Runs Wild. Both shorts aired that year on the Cartoon Network as part of a Yogi Bear special. Boo Boo Runs Wild features a fight between Yogi and Ranger Smith, which was heavily edited for broadcast for both violence and suggestive situations. A third Yogi cartoon from Spumco was planned and storyboarded, but was not finished. In 2003, Spumco created another Boo-Boo cartoon, Boo-Boo and the Man, which was made with Macromedia Flash and released on Cartoon Network's website.